Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 7 Palms
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:51 am 

Just typed a page and lost it. :( Okay, so we started out at Cracker Barrel, a family tradition for vacation and hit the road around 10am. Came into a horrible rain that we eventually ran out of, only to be stopped dead in traffic. The short version is: 19.5 miles in 3.5 hours including detour. Very frustrating when you don't know the cause. By the way, police would have helped if they had directed traffic along the detour. :BandHead:
Finally back on 95 and in extreme need of a potty break. :oops: Stop for bodily functions (if you will), and back onto 95 after many sighs of relief. (It was a long hold from Cracker Barrel's many cups of coffee).
To keep from boring you with a long winded beginning, we finally made it to MB around 7pm and picked up our keys. A lot later than we expected, but hey, we could have been the ones swept up into the raging waters of 11 inches of rain in a very short period (we learned later).
7 Palms is in Garden City, a new spot for us, but the house is lovely and we are a little familiar, as we have always driven around excessively on past vacations here over the past 27 years (off and on). Got to the house (thanks to GPS), unpacked the cars and headed out to find a "quick" dinner.
Okay, there are five of us, my husband and I, our 2 sons, 19 and 22, and my daughter-n-law. So there are 5 adults, hungry, tired, and let's just say "a little testy", shall we? So, after 45 minutes of driving up and down (and up and down), we finally drive BACK to Buffalo Wild Wings for a burger my son says will melt your socks off.
Well, the burger was one of the best I've ever had with onion rings and pork and BBQ sauce and jack cheese.... and it would have melted my socks off, but I was wearing my ever fashionable for beach attire flip flops, and therefore no proof of melted socks. (which could be a good thing because we don't know the laws here yet about such things)
So, now it's on to Walmart for groceries. I know, I know, you don't go to Wally World on a Saturday evening, but hey, it was 11pm, to actually, it was Saturday night, so we took the chance. They weren't that busy when we got there, but it was obvious that they had been hit hard. However, with 2 cards full to overflowing, some items left for purchasing later (we didn't want to be greedy), we proceeded to check out, where there must have been another raging river causing traffic to come to a screeching halt, employees to be detoured to another city, and thus, we waiting in the only line that was not for 10 or 20 items or less, which is less than I buy when I go to pick up a loaf of bread. Come on, you know what I'm talking about. You go in for a loaf of bread and spend $162.79.
Okay, so I detoured a little, but come on... I've gotten a lot of practice on this vacation.
I must say, I'm happy to report that none of the other 4 members of my party had heart failure when our total at Wally World was a little over $350. I think that was about 70% of the food we'll be ingesting this week, so I don't think it was bad and when the two males that were splitting the total didn't fall in the floor with cardiac arrest, I was very proud. (and relieved, because in that checkout traffic, it would have taken hours unless the EMTs had less than 10 or 20 items and could go through the speedy checkout.
I'll be back in the morning if all goes according to plan, the quiet time is my time to read and "puter", so I promised myself I'd do a trip report to repay all the amazing information everyone so lovingly contributes here.

Post subject: Re: 7 Palms
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:20 pm 

Loving your report. Very entertaining and I can't wait for more.

My son swears that Buffalo Wild Wings has the best burgers anywhere. I haven't ever tried them but it sounds like I need to put them on my to eat list :lol:

Have a great vacation :sunny:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:21 pm 

Day 2 (so far): Oldest son got up around 9:30 and made salsa. So glad I taught my boys how to cook. Other son came in around 10:30 and my oldest and I looked outside to see if it was snowing... as he would never be up before noon on a day off.
Decided to go and run more of our errands for the week so we can hang out and have fun later. So off to Wings, Walmart, Costco, and Walmart. (Yes, we really did go to two Walmarts and neither of them had disposable sheet pans. (Can you tell someone is too lazy to wash sheet pans with hot wings stuck on them?
My youngest mentioned that so far on our first two days instead of being full, satisfied, and content, we seem to be starving and looking for food. (I thought the men were supposed to be hunters and scavengers?!?) Not my crew of testosterone overdosed males.
Finally got home starved and cooked wings to go with the salsa he made. A family favorite. We all love to snack on appetizer type stuff.
Looks like we may just hang out this evening around the pool that we just found out is in the shade in the evening, so if we're planning to tan, it will be in the morning.

Beware MB, there is a high chance in the morning of what should be outlawed - another fat woman in a swimsuit.

Warning! Warning!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:16 am 

The rest of this is under "vacation continues", because I don't know what I'm doing - sorry!