Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:22 pm 

LOVE your report and pics! Your kids are adorable by the way. It sounds like wonderful trip. We are going down in two weeks and can't wait!

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm 

Thanks all for continuing to read and for your kind comments!! Going to try to finish this up tonight...

Tuesday, August 14th

Another beautiful day at the beach. More pool and beach time! Today was the day Ripley's Aquarium folks came to Ocean Creek as part of the kids program. Let me tell you, what a nice program this is. They were there for over an hour and the kids loved it. They cast this large net out into the ocean, catch whatever they catch, put them in buckets and then teach the kids about them. They have laminated sheets so the kids can guess what they're seeing. I don't remember everything they caught, but there was a bunch of fish, including pinfish. And a large crab. They did this several times. The kids loved carrying the fish back to the ocean.

Jessi also got her hair wrapped today by Rob (it's still in) and painted a heart shaped mirror.

The days are running together, but I'm pretty sure it was the previous night, driving home from BATB that Josh saw something that interested him. By Bass Pro Shops, there is a sign for the mall and the electronic sign said something about a model train display. He was excited about this, he's super into his Lionel and is planning on working on a big setup in our basement this fall and winter. So I believe on Tuesday, Dave took him over to the mall to see it. Unfortunately, it's only open on Saturdays and Mondays I think it was, so we missed it :(

This evening we went Mini Golf before dinner (most coupons are good until 6). Gave the kids their choice of place and they selected one we've been to before - Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure Golf, in NMB. They enjoy the "train" ride to the top. Dave won, but I was just behind ;)

Dinner tonight was Josh's choice- Wild Wings Cafe. See my short review here: http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=13709
This picture cracks us up. Josh looks like he's viciously devouring a wing, when in fact he's just trying to eat one and stop me from taking his picture at the same time!

After dinner, Jessi got a caricature. She's been wanting one for ages, we see them all the time at Cedar Point, and this was the night. Josh was going to do it too, but then decided not to. He went back to the Tractor store with DH. We also got ice cream again - kids and I at Maggie Moo's and Dave got Kohr's.

Next day, coming right up!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:08 pm 

Wednesday, August 15th

Today was planned to be my shopping day - I always take a couple hours and hit the Tanger outlets for some back to school clothes. Well, on the trip down, the A/C in my car wasn't working quite right. I decided to take it in and have it checked, so that's what I ended up doing this morning. Took it to a GM dealer (I have an Acadia) near BATB. Had to sit and wait about an hour and a half, but I had my book, so I was all good. I have a small Freon leak, so small they couldn't find it with dye, but it was definitely low. So they refilled me, and it's still working just fine. Total cost was about $150, not too bad.

I then went to the outlet mall, but didnt' spend long there...I wanted to get to the beach!! Did get the kids some stuff at Under Armour. Josh is practically a walking billboard for UA and the stuff is expensive!

Dave and the kids spent the morning at the pool and I met them back at the unit for lunch. We spent the afternoon at the beach, kids played in the sand a lot this day. Jessi found that the Kids' Club was repeating activities at this point, so she didn't do any more.

We went to BATB for dinner tonight, Key West Grill - see my review here: http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=13711

We walked around and window shopped, kids watched the speed boat a lot. We finished the night with Ben and Jerry's. Cherry Garcia, yum!!

One more day left!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:24 pm 

Thursday, August 16th

Our final day at the beach :( But truly, 6 days is good for us. Kids were starting to bicker a little more, etc. If we did a longer stay, which would be fine, I think we'd add in more daytime activities (like that Charleston trip I had been thinking about). But for 6 days...we enjoyed the beach!!

Nothing new during the day today. Beach/pool, beach/pool. I did a little packing this morning before heading down. Rob came and hung out with us by the pool for a bit, we exchanged contact information with him so he can come hunting here at the farm. And just soaked up the sun and ocean breezes one last time

We really debated about what to do for dinner. Dave and I kind of wanted to go somewhere nice. But the kids really wanted pizza and Maggie Moo's. What the heck, wanted to make it an early night anyhow, since we were leaving early the next morning, so we just went to BL across the street. Ultimate California Pizza for pizza and breadsticks and then Maggie Moo's for dessert. All very good!

Jessi had started begging Dave for a hermit crab earlier in the week. He said No, thinking it wouldn't do well on the way home. Told her she could get one at home. She was so upset. I finally convinced him that #1, it's her money, if it dies...well, he warned her and #2 a hermit crab at home isn't the same as one from the beach. Soo.....meet TAYLOR!! (Can you guess who "she"'s named after??)

We then headed back to the condo, packed up and headed down to the beach for a night walk. One last chance to feel the ocean air. Got some neat pictures, though Josh was not keen on the camera as usual.

And that's it! We hit the sack at a decent hour and set the alarm for 5. On the road by 5:30 and in Warrenton, VA to spend the weekend with Dave's cousins by 12:30. We had a great time there as well, kids loved seeing each other, since they don't get to often. And then we were home on Sunday to start the back-to-school craziness that hasn't yet let up!

Thanks so much for reading!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Your photos are wonderful. Wally and I both enjoyed seeing them and smiling at how cute the kids are. Loved your trip report! Thanks for letting us follow you around!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 pm 

Sandy, I think you just did one of the best trip reports of 2012. Great job. Enjoyed all the photos and restaurant reviews. Your children are adorable. It is funny how your son does not like his photo taken yet your daughter is definitely into the photo ops. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:13 pm 

I loved all the pictures and the time you took with your report. Your kids are tooo cute!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:36 pm 

I very much enjoyed your report , photos and reviews...a great time must have been had by all! Thank you!