Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:10 pm 

I'm going to try and condense this as my older trip reports seem to go on and on and on..We left July 19th around 11:30 pm from Frackville Pa...going in one car was my parents, sister, and my younger brothers friend Nolan...in our car was me driving, my gf Corine, brother, and my friend Shane. We made really great timing, only stopped a few times, once for breakfast at the Cracker Barell near the Smithfield Outlets. We actually had to wait a few minutes for them to open the doors.

I want to say we got to MB around 10:00 am Friday morning. We weren't sure what to do so we hit up a few beach shops and the Bi-Lo. We were not supposed to check in until 3 pm, but we had the passcode to the building, tried it out and by 11 we were in the condo for the next 6 days. We didn't do much since it was the first night, ordered Papa Johns and most of us fell asleep really early and woke up at odd hours of the night. My aunt and cousin got there around 5pm however and they stayed with us that night before moving into their own condo right outside of Edgewater.

I'm not going to go into great detail as it was already 3 weeks about but I will do my best..

Saturday July 21..my birthday! Pretty much everyday at Edgewater started out like this so I'll just list what we did on each day insteady of repeating myself . Wake up, make breakfast, pack a cooler, head to the pool for hours, make lunch, get a shower and do somethign for the day. For my birthday we hit up Liberty at Broadway at the Beach. I love microbrews and samplying foreign beer (well to me atleast) We then split up from the adults and walked around for a few hours, got some hot suace at the Pepper Palace and took a slow ride back home.

July 22..........same morning routine, then we all pitched in and got a bunch of food to make on the grills. I like to grill so that was a great night.

July 23" " K&W Cafeteria..then we came back home to watch the 1000th episode of Monday Night Raw, which was awesome. Keep in mind just about everything we did my cousin and aunt came along.

July 24 " " to be honest its getting kind of blurry on what we did..I want to say we went to Taco Bell for food

well I need to go lift some weights..more later

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:06 pm 

I know you are going to put your thinking cap on and remember all the exciting things about the rest of your trip. :lol: Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

I think this sounds like a wonderful vacation! Actually my BEST vacations consist of having no responsibilities, no "today" lists, and no computer responsibilities. I know, I know, y'all think we locals are on vacation all the time, but it doesn't work that way! Hope to hear more about how you spent your vacation, and I love your report because it covers the best of the best! And because it made me smile.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:01 am 

I agree...no big plan vacations are super! Thanks, budwash...so much fun to celebrate your birthday at the beach! Lucky you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 pm 

Wednesday July 25...ended up going to Wild Wing Cafe for dinner, ate a whole sampler plate to myself. We walked around and shopped for a little bit, did some wine testing, and Johnny Rockets for malts.

July 26...we had to move out this day and head over to the North Beach Plantation...we drove down to Murrels Inlet to hit up Drunket Jacks. This was the first time we have been there in many years and it was excellent. A lot of us did not feel too great from all the hot wing sauce the night before but we managed through it. We got to the Plantation pretty early and had to go to the pool area until it was time to check in. We could not find a seat it was very crowded there this year. After a bit we got a Penthouse sweet, which we never head before and it was awesome. We went for groceries, got beer, liquor and everthing else and had a great night. I believe 2 guys got lost at sea on a sail boat and it was a big deal. This happend right near our condo as we watched the helicopter and the rescue teams for a while and even walked down to it. Oh we had Papa John's again too.

Now every morning at the Plantation went the same...Corine and I would wake up early, make breakfast and go get seats down at the pool area, head into the ocean, make lunch, and go back down, get ready for whatever.

July 27 did our routine, My mom made skettie for us all to eat with salads

July 28 My cousin and aunt went home and just the younger people went out to Cheeseburger in Paradise, which was one of the best places I ate at the whole time. The building seems to need some major maintentence though, we went to drive some balls then next door.

July 29...we all went on the banana boat which was awesome, thats one of my favorite things to do. We all went out to eat at Hamburger Joe's which was fantastic. One of the best places to go down there. $ Pabst's are always great too.

July 30 Corine and I woke up early as it was digusting outside and went to the Tanger Outlets near Walmart. It was so crowded since everyone else had the same idea. We then went to eat at Oscar's. This was the first time we had ever ate there. I have always seen it there but never went in..so now we finally did it.

July 31 We went to Broadway again to get some more hot sauce, Tanger Outlets again so I can get an awesome Carolina Panthers license plate. Then off to Outback Steakhouse as that's all Shane wanted to do all vacation.

August 1st we left to go back home at 730 am got home pretty early around 4 pm or so. It was fast trip compared to other years, Shane drove most of the way home since we switched shifts from the ride down. I'm sad its over and need to find a cheap place to live and get a decent job.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 pm 

Great report. I always appreciate the restaurant reviews. Thanks for taking the time and I am glad you and your family had such a good trip.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:02 pm 

Thanks for reporting! Hamburger Joe's...we like that place, too! And Mom's skettie... perfect...love that someone else calls it skettie :lol: So, where is Oscar's?

Did they find the missing guys?