Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No Trip/No Report
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:57 pm 

Like most of you we've had eyes on weather and news 24/7 for the last two weeks. Seems like only few days ago we were watching a tropical storm...
Then Category 1,2,3,4...
Hold on people...
Could grow to a 5.....
Heading straight for Grand Strand..
I knew vacation would be cancelled. Be lucky if there'd be anything there for years to come...
Then big...
OOOOPs...
Category 1...Myrtle Beach is safe...

Last Saturday I got up and immediately turned on Weather Channel. We know now they might not have been 100% honest with their reporting. Myrtle Beach for the most part was spared. Some minor wind damage but stores opening. Buildings in good shape. Vacation was looking like a possibility again.

For a little bit.......

Elliott Realty wasn't back up and running til Monday. Message on Facebook asked for everybody's patience. First business was dealing with this past weeks rentals. Next weeks renters were to wait til end of week to call. Hard to do for those of us due to load and go at end of week.

More news reports. High water. Roads closed, collapsed, under water, fatalities..
Last thing they needed was thousands of SUVs with bike racks and coolers adding to the traffic on the few open roads they have.
Eight hour drive could turn into twelve if not longer.
What if it did completely shut down? Six hours to affected area and then turn back to home. Probably not a motel vacancy south of Bluefield.
Food/gas supply chain is nowhere close to 100%. Won't take much to have shortages. With water still rising. Still a possibility.
I love the beach but not that much....

Two days of texts, emails and phone calls. Finally made it official. Rebooked for later. Next May. Same week as usual. Same unit and owners. No refund. Just transferred what we've paid to the new dates.

Bad news is...
I already had next May booked with Wyndham. I have to call and rebook that one now..
Wyndham...
You know how I feel about Wyndham...
I'd rather have vasectomy, colonoscopy and wisdom teeth pulled...
In same day...
Than call them....

Post subject: Re: No Trip/No Report
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

You couldn't have said it better. At least we won't be getting any hurricanes in May.

We came back home from FL at the perfect time...when Conway was just a 15+min. wait to get through the "big puddle." From that, it was a straight shot without any traffic problems ad no damage at home.

Wish the same could be said of everyone else. This was posted 4 hours ago, (9/23 - 9 AM) Please keep everyone who is (and will be) affected by these devastating floods in your thoughts and prayers!

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/lates ... 84005.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall