Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:54 am 

I love day drinking haha? What beer were you drinking that got the best of you? lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:51 am 

Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

I had a mix of beers throughout the week. Mostly coors light but summer Shandy and Landshark Lager were present as well. Oh and margaritas were there too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:42 am 

lolz that's what I always say!

Nice. We brought down most of our own beer, but drank a lot of PBR's later on in the week ha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:01 am 

Our old minivan still has a dent in the rear bumper from when I backed into a yellow piling on the roof of the Landmark parking garage many years ago. Piling was about 3 feet tall, so impossible to see from a van or truck.... Don't be too hard on your wife, these things happen :dontknow:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:26 am 

Wednesday returned to a fairly normal day despite my truck being violated. It's 7 years old with less than 60,000 miles on it. Not a blemish on it other than the new remodel job my wife decided it needed. More on that in a bit.

If you're keeping track, this is our fourth day at the beach. It's been an adventure thus far. Elizabeth has been a champ about it all. I mean she's 2 years old and hasn't really whined or cried much. Kristi brought plenty of stuff to keep her entertained though. Not just ipads, but paint, coloring books etc. Our beach time and pool time was dwindling each day; less time than the previous day. Boredom I guess. I'm not surprised but like I said, she did fairly well.

The other little girl though, oh my word. By this day of the week, all she's doing is whining and crying. About EVERYTHING! It was nerve racking.

Kristi and i decided to take the boys to dinner. Noah loves seafood so I suggested Biminis. We grabbed some subs for the girls and left Elizabeth under Sarah's care. We arrived at Bimini's just after 5. I guess that's a terrible time to show up. If you've never been there, parking is comical to say the least. We circled through the lot and left. I was very disappointed. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. They were standing outside waiting for tables. That's not something I do. But now what?

We ended up at the Chesapeake House on restaurant row. We sat in the lounge area as the dining room was full. The service was great and the food was legit. Noah ordered 2 lbs of King crab legs, Devin ordered chicken fingers because he's the pickiest eater I've ever met. I'll leave it at that. It drives me insane. Kristi ordered something.... For the life of me I can't remember what it was. I do know she upgraded her side dish to asparagus and that was terrible. Very bland boiled asparagus. That's not how we do it at home. I had the Cajun grilled mahi which I asked for very spicy. The chef didn't hold back on the seasoning and I loved it!

Each meal came with a side salad and a complimentary cup of their fish stew. Now the phrase "fish stew" made me gag but I was willing to try it. Turns out that I'm a huge fan! I got to consume everyone else's too! It was by far our most expensive meal for the week. With tip it was around $160. King crab legs aren't cheap but he enjoyed them so no worries.

So as I type this, my truck is currently in the body shop. Not because of the dent from my wife though. Labor day, I woke up to my neighbor's tree laying on top of it. We're looking at $10,000 in damage which MY insurance pays for. Act of God they say. Hoping they don't total it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:04 am 
Site Admin

OMG...your truck! So sorry to hear this.

Loving your trip review. Glad you enjoyed Chesapeake House! It's one of those restaurants I call "special event dining." Good food and service, and on the pricey side. But fish stew? Had to google that, and came up with a recipe from Southern Living. Looks durn good!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:21 pm 

Great report, sorry about the truck with the tree on top!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:39 pm 

Loving your report. So thankful your little girl is ok. It’s so easy for those things to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:11 pm 

Enjoying your trip report. Oh boy. My man is a vehicle guy. He would feel your pain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:59 am 

Really enjoyed your trip report! sorry about your truck...we had a tree fall on our porch roof two years ago...in the middle of the night during a heavy snow...not fun...but at least no damage to the house...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:47 am 

13 years old, 2 plus years since a MB trip. I have been gone from the Board too long.

I do not know if I should cry or shed tears of joy. I will wait until last installment. Could be worse. You could be evacuating.