Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:54 am 

Well I'm back at work and hate every second of it!

Wednesday August 1st.
I stayed at work until 12. Everyone else that was going with me was already at home waiting for me. Going with m was my gf, daughter, and brother. I got there around 12:20, had a quick lunch, and packed the car. We had to secure our wrestling ring with tarps and bungee cords, and grab last minute items around the house. We rolled out right at 1pm and filled up at the Pilot and hit 81 South. Corine drove first as is tradition until we got outside of Manassas VA, then I took over. No traffic or anything, even when we hopped on 95 at Fredricksburg. Our first stop was at the Answer Brew Pub in Richmond, we had some flights and dinner there. We then stopped at The Veil Brewery and bought a couple of 4 packs for our beach stay. We made one more bathroom break around Emporia, and got to the Country Inn & Suites in Wilson NC for the night around 10:30. We had a beer and went to bed for the evening.

Thursday August 2nd.
We tried to be out of the hotel by 8 or so and headed over to the Cracker Barrel for lunch, and we were on the road around 9 something. I decided to take the route discussed on this board and avoid 95, I believe it was 264/795 to 40/140, 421 to 17. It worked pretty well as there was little to no traffic. Our first stop of the day was at Makai Brewing Co just off of 17, about a half hour north of MB. We had a quick flight, and I called the Prince Resort to see if we'd be able to check in early at the Towers on the Grove, which we were able to do. We got in our room by 1:30 I think and were on the beach by 2. We were down there for a while then headed to the pool area around 5. Corine and Lux went up and started getting ready for the night as my brother and I stayed in the lazy river. For dinner we hit up Snooky's. This was our first time there and it was pretty good, I think we'll go back. After dinner we headed to Barefoot Landing, took Lux to the candy store and went in our normal shops and Lux rode most of the rides. We tried to drag it out as long as possible before heading back to the room. We made quick stop at Bilo for some food/drinks to have that evening and the next day. Our room had a full kitchen, 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. Corine and Lux took the pull out as it was a secluded room (the living room) and the queens were basically the focal point of the condo. We ended up losing power for 90 mins or so, but I fell asleep before it went back on. Tomorrow we were checking in at Barefoot Resorts.

Friday August 3rd.
I think we were all up by 830-9. Check out was not until 11 so we had breakfast, packed up the beer and our bags in the car and headed for the beach. We were only down there for an hour or so and headed to the pool because it looked like it was going to storm. I got Lux on the waterslide and we used the hottub for a few minutes then we all had to evacuate the area due to the storm. The elevators were so slow there to begin with and now everyone was going to the lobby at the same time. We headed to the car, which was in their garage still across the street. We got changed in the garage and went to The Shack for lunch. Again, this was top notch. My parents and sister were arriving in town any minute. They went to Flying Fish upon arrival, so we drove down and met them their after lunch. Lux conned my mother into takin her to the candy store again. My brother and I ended up at Bully's for a beer when we got the text saying we were able to check into our room. It was unit 533 in Edgewater, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, right by the pool. We unpacked everything, got some beers and my brother, Lux and I headed to the pool. Corine came down then too, but Lux wanted to get a bath so they left. We were down for a while, hit up the hottub, and went up for a late dinner. We ordered Papa John's, which I'm not a huge fan of anymore, but I was starving.
We

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:38 pm 

As I seen on another thread, the post trip depression is real. It's hard to believe I left 2 weeks ago tomorrow and a years worth of preparation is gone in almost a blink of an eye.

Saturday August 4th.
We woke up and had some Krispy Kreme's for breakfast. After that my brother, mother, Corine and myself all went to the Bilo to grab groceries for the week. We took 2 separate cars, as Lux wanted to come along. We opted for the pool today as we had 2 good beach days and it was gorgeous out. The pool was not very crowded at all and we spent almost the entire day there. We took turns going up to the condo and making lunches, bringing them down to the pool. I forgot to mention it did rain almost immediately after us getting to the pool, but it passed within a half hour. My parents and sister decided not to go out with us, so everyone else ended up at Captain Archies. This place was good, not great. I would go back if I could get a seat outside as we got stuck inside. If you've eaten at any of these type restaurants you've eaten them all. When we finished dinner Lux wanted to go to a "junk store" so we took her there and she got a brand new toy pony. Our night ended after that as we headed back to the room since we were all tired from day drinking.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:55 am 
Site Admin

>...had some Krispy Kreme's for breakfast...
LOL! That is always what our grown kids want when they come to visit. It's a part of the "Myrtle Beach experience."

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a trip review! I enjoyed "following" you around the North Myrtle Beach area as we don't get up that way too often.

Sorry we had so much rain, but glad y'all had a great time in spite of it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:09 am 

Sunday August 5th.
We were up and at the beach by 10 something am. I held off until about 11am before I cracked up my first beer of the day. my parents and sister ended up joining us for the funtivities. We were there til 4pm or so, very long beach day but it was a swell time. I ordered some Jersey Mike's for everyone on the app and went and picked it up about 15 mins later. Unsure what we wanted to do, we decided to take Lux to Build a Bear at BATB. That was the first thing we did upon arrival. After that we checked out Lids, and saw the new Grumpy Monk location. Corine and Lux went down to the rides and my brother and I stopped in Grumpy Monks to check out the beer list. The goal was to have something quick to eat at The American Tap House, but after reviewing the menu and remembering how expensive it is we went back to Grumpy Monk and had a pretty decent dinner. On our way out we stopped at the outside bar of the American Tap House and had a beer, then headed home for the evening.

Monday August 6th.
Another beach day, we got here a little bit later than the day previous. Lux originally wanted to go to the pool but we went to the beach anyway. We got stuck at the Barefoot Bridge as a boat was passing through. My aunt/uncle/cousins etc arrived in MB Sunday evening. They got stuck leaving home mid Saturday, stayed over in Richmond only to wake up to a flat tire which made them arrive later than planned Sunday night. We spent a large portion of the day at the pool. Afterwards my brother and I headed to the Discount Beverage for some new beers and got Taco Bell for a bit of a snack. All the ladies decided they were going to Barefoot again, and the guys hung out. My brother and I took some beers down to the pool area and my uncle came over and joined us. We had a couple then headed up to the condo where my dad and sister were and watched Monday Night Raw since we had it recording. Everyone ended up coming back to our condo and chilled for a bit before heading back to theirs for the evening.

Tuesday August 7th.
Today was a pool day. Only myself, Corine, Lux and my brother went down. We were there for a while. Not sure what my uncles camp did, but my mother/father/sister went to Duplin and Liberty Tap House during the day. We decided today would be our first family dinner at Boardwalk Billy's. We had a party of 12 and all the food was delightful. They however messed up all of our bills, but we got it fixed. I'm not sure what everyone else did but we decided to take Lux mini golfing. I forget the name of the course, maybe Monetary Bay? It had a pirate ship in it and shoots cannons every 30 mins. After we took Lux to BL again to get some ice cream. We then departed back to the condo to watch Smackdown Live.

Wednesday August 8th.
Beach day, we were the only ones to go over though. We weren't there as long as we usually are but it was a great day weather wise. When we got back my brother and I went to the pool again, but only after we ordered Jersey Mike's on the app. I quick ran out to Bilo then to get some fresh Pabst Blue Ribbons. All the women were going to the One show so all the guys had GUYZ NITE OUT. We ended up at Liberty Tap House, cleared a few fights, appetizer, then headed to Bully's. We had about 3 beers each at Bully's before we got the text saying the show was over.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:47 am 

My favorite part of a trip is planning. I know as soon as the car leaves the driveway vacation is only hours away from being over. Maybe we are just getting older?

Last edited by 17S2MBSC on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 am 

Thursday August 9th.
We woke up around the same time but decided we were going to go out for lunch. I didn't necessarily want to go to this place, as I knew it was a tourist trap, but we opted to try Lulu's in Barefoot Landing. It's a massive building in the new area of Barefoot Landing. We were seated pretty much immediately for a part of 10. My uncle and cousin did not go to this lunch. I would have to say Lulu's was very underwhelming. The food was average, service was slightly below average, nothing blew me away here and everyone in our party thought the same thing. The best part about it was $2.00 PBR's! After lunch we shot right back to the condo and started to get ready to hit the beach. My uncles plan was for us to head over around 4/5pm. We sent over at 3, my parents/sister at 4/ uncle etc around 430-5. We stayed pretty late and headed back to the discount beverage store. We ordered Ultimate California Pizza to the condo that night and it came pretty late. This was a bd day for meals and we'll probably avoid UCP as well as Lulu's in future vacations.

Friday August 10th.
I had to grab some things at Bilo, so I headed out by myself around 10. I drove around Barefoot Resorts for a while and headed back to the condo. My parents etc were already at the pool, so I met up with everyone over there. We didn't stay all day like we usually do. Tonight was Corine and my night out alone. Everyone else ended up eating dinner at Bimini's which I was bummed about because that place is solid. Corine and I went to California Dreaming. I've been meaning to go here for a few years and only just now go to it. We were seated immediately. The food and salads were banging'. After dinner we headed to Duplin for a glass of wine and wine slushie, watched some music being played and headed to Barefoot again. Corine bought some stuff then we headed to Bully's for a beer and headed back to the condo. We had planned to go to Putter's Pub, but Corine opted out after we returned.

Saturday August 11th.
The dreaded last day. We went to the beach, parents/sister went to the pool. They were back in the condo by the time we returned. We made a ton of ramen noodles for lunch. My aunt/uncle etc left to go home Saturday Morning around 8am. We decided to go back to Carolina Roadhouse for dinner. I totally forgot they were owned by the same company that owns California Dreaming. We were seated in the same booth we sat in 2 years ago. The food was ehhh, definitely not going back. I could grill a better steak myself for half the cost and the rest of the food was average at best. We can add this place to the list of restaurants not to go back to. We definitely wasted our last supper here. After that abysmal dinner we went to the beach for family photos. It was windy AF. We then took Lux to another junk store, then headed to Barefoot so my brother can buy some hot sauces since he didn't buy his when I got mine on Sunday at BATB. I got some of the stuff packed in the car for our trek home on Sunday.

Sunday August 12th.
We left about 45 mins later than I wanted to leave. We rolled out of the parking lot at 8:10am. We stopped for gas and were on our way. I took a wrong exit and backtracked about 20 minutes around the USS North Carolina Ship. We got a brief lunch somewhere in NC at a Hardee's which was underwhelming, then made our way to Richmond again. We bought some beer to take home at Veil and The Answer. Traffic was horrible on 95, there were a few accidents. We hopped off and took some background and got on Route 1. This took us to Fredricksburg, where we needed to get on 17, but everyone had the same idea and it was just taking forever. We finally got off 17 onto 29 and were free of all the traffic. We wanted to go to Crooked Run Brewing in Leesburg, but they were closing at 7. Luckily my parents were about an hour ahead of us and grabbed us some cans. We made a quick stop at Vanish Brewing in Leesburg and ate a quick dinner at their food truck and finished off a flight. We arrived home about 2 hours later. The traffic really killed our ride home, but whatever. There were a few short periods of heavy rain which I'm glad I was no on 95 for as you couldn't see a thing. The end.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:38 am 

Great trip report! Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:46 am 

Sounds like a really nice week!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & Finally 2019!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:45 pm 

Great report. You sure got in a lot of beach and pool time which is always a good thing with a little one. It sounded like you had good weather and that makes all the difference. Snooky’s, our favourite spot. We are down there for 3 months in the winter and it seems we end up at Snooky’s at least once a week. Thanks for taking the time to share and let us tag along.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:52 am 

Thanks. I'm just now getting back into the normal everyday routine and don't hate being home. God damn post MB depression.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:36 am 

The vacation hangover can be rough..... thanks for a great report ! Next visit you need to come down to Charleston and check out more local brews !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:28 pm 

budwash435 wrote:

We ended up at Liberty Tap House, cleared a few fights, appetizer, then headed to Bully's. We had about 3 beers each at Bully's before we got the text saying the show was over.

Hmmm "cleared a few fights"...LOL :hysterical: That's what happens when you leave a bunch of guys to their own devices!! I am assuming you meant flights...or maybe you did mean fights :smash[1]:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:13 pm 

KirkG wrote:
The vacation hangover can be rough..... thanks for a great report ! Next visit you need to come down to Charleston and check out more local brews !

I believe I'll be in Charleston next May/June for a few days.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:14 pm 

Sun n' Fun wrote:
budwash435 wrote:

We ended up at Liberty Tap House, cleared a few fights, appetizer, then headed to Bully's. We had about 3 beers each at Bully's before we got the text saying the show was over.

Hmmm "cleared a few fights"...LOL :hysterical: That's what happens when you leave a bunch of guys to their own devices!! I am assuming you meant flights...or maybe you did mean fights :smash[1]:

Ooops lol..yes I meant Flights. Nobody picks a fight with us haha.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:45 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this trip review. I loved following you around and hearing about all the things you did.

So glad you had such a fantastic vacation!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall