Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Big changes coming?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:54 pm 

Hello Gary good to see you're back on the board.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Gary, thanks for all the information that had everyone wondering. I didn't know La Fiesta was gone! I was planning to go for happy hour once spring got here. I looked at the dinner prices a few times and decided it was just too dang expensive for the menu items.

Your avatar....did you put it up yourself? The only avatar I have in my avatar folder for you was the old one at your (son?) graduation. I know the new one came from the photo I took at a parade. When I find it I'll size and upload it for you.

Next time try Brass Tap at Happy hour. 4-7 off the top of my head. $1.50 off drafts, $3. off house wine, and the "Shareables" on the menu are all half price.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:43 pm 

I did see the $1.50 off happy hour, yet that still makes it costly as the least expensive beer is $5.50 or so, I paid the money for the 1st time but won't be back.
Growlers were also too high, you pay for 3 glasses and get a 4th free is the way it works out, I can go to Liberty and get my growler filled for $5 for any beer they brew onsite.

As for Avator yes it was the picture you took and yes originally it was my son's graduation picture from Coastal. I can send you a pic if you need it and thank you.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:14 pm 

Thanks Patrish!

Bob Hope Traveling Exhibit opens May 1st at North Myrtle Beach Historial Museum.

“Bob Hope: An American Treasure”, a traveling exhibit celebrating the life and times of the Guinness Book of Records "most honored" man, will open to the public on May 1 at the North Myrtle Beach Area Historical Museum, 799 2nd Avenue North in North Myrtle Beach. The exhibit was created by the World Golf Hall of Fame in St. Augustine, FL.

"It is an honor for the Museum to be able to host the exhibit about legendary entertainer Bob Hope,” Museum Board Chairman Dick Hester said. “From soldiers to U.S. Presidents, Bob Hope touched the lives of Americans in a way no other celebrity could—with laughter.”

Hope's story is narrated in first-person comedy, combining anecdotes, quotes, jokes and stories from all aspects of his life. The exhibit includes more than 200 vintage photos and seven video displays that chronicle Hope’s early years as part of an immigrant family in the early 20th century; his rise as a star of stage, screen and radio; the relationships he had with U.S. presidents; his devotion to the U.S. military; and his love of golf.

"Bob Hope: An American Treasure" has toured the U.S. and England, but has never been displayed on the East Coast. In addition to having been displayed at Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum in Denver, CO, the exhibit has been shown at the National World War II Museum in New Orleans; the Gerald Ford Presidential Library in Grand Rapids, MI; and the Green Bay Packers Museum in Green Bay, WI.

According to Museum Board Chairman Dick Hester, the exhibit rental fee is $45,000 and shipping costs exceed $18,000, all of which have been paid for through donations. The museum received a grant from the Bob and Delores Hope Foundation to cover the entire rental fee. The City of North Myrtle Beach has provided $7,500 in accommodation tax funds toward the shipping costs, and a $12,000 transportation grant from the Hope Foundation will pay the balance of the transport fee to safely truck the exhibit from Denver to North Myrtle Beach.

"We're counting on our community to help make the exhibit a success in South Carolina," Hester said. “Although the Museum received grants for the exhibit and for transportation, additional funds are needed to help promote the exhibit to the rest of South Carolina and to our neighbors in North Carolina.”

The Museum also sells a Discount Card that is valid at close to 300 businesses offering great discounts to help save you money on vacation and helps them raise money, win win.

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:27 am 

Christine wrote:
They are building beside The Original Benjamin's in North Myrtle Beach. The greeter at Benjamin's said it was to be some type of racetrack and an arcade. I am only going by what she said but it looks interesting. There are a lot of very high wooden poles so far.

Sounds like that will be one of the looping woody go cart tracks that are common in Pigeon Forge.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:50 am 

I had no idea that Brass Tap existed at Market Commons. We will have to stop there for sure. Living in NE PA I can drive an hour in any direction and there's a brewery, probably close to 30+ of them so paying $5+ for a draft is something we are used to. It kind of bums me out though when a draft at a tap house cost more than the draft of the same beer at their own brewery.

Post subject: Big changes coming?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:13 am 

Will Alabama Theater become Whalbugers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:57 am 

I always wanted a pro wrestling themed restaurant in MB. Looks like Orlando is getting one with a WWE Hall of Fame building as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:46 pm 

Hi everyone, have not been on the board much recently. Saw some comments about an attraction going in where the old Shriners building was located. It is called The Track. They have locations in Pigeon Forge, Destin, Gulf Shores and this summer the new one in Myrtle Beach I work part time in the one in Pigeon Forge. The one here has been here more than 30 years. It is a very well run, clean, safety minded attraction. The one here in PF, has a min. golf course, bumper cars, blaster boats, Kid's country with rides, arcade, and two go kart tracks. From what I understand the one in MB will start out relatively small with mainly go karts and an arcade. Additional amusements will be added gradually. I gathered they are shooting for a July opening date. Don't quote me as I am just a lowly employee. First time I have worked for anyone other than myself in 25 years.
ps - Patrish hope this post is OK, not trying to convince anyone to visit, just relaying what I know.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:55 am 

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/l ... 15172.html

So this link says the Carolina Ale House is still on, set to open up in the Fall.

They're also putting in an American Tap House? Craft beer is taking over everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:16 am 

Any updates as to how this is going? I'd imagine everything is almost done if they wanted to open it for spring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:04 am 

http://www.myrtlebeach.com/blog/post/ch ... the-beach/ a more detailed description as to what is going on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:52 pm 

beachlady wrote:
Hi everyone, have not been on the board much recently. Saw some comments about an attraction going in where the old Shriners building was located. It is called The Track. They have locations in Pigeon Forge, Destin, Gulf Shores and this summer the new one in Myrtle Beach I work part time in the one in Pigeon Forge. The one here has been here more than 30 years. It is a very well run, clean, safety minded attraction. The one here in PF, has a min. golf course, bumper cars, blaster boats, Kid's country with rides, arcade, and two go kart tracks. From what I understand the one in MB will start out relatively small with mainly go karts and an arcade. Additional amusements will be added gradually. I gathered they are shooting for a July opening date. Don't quote me as I am just a lowly employee. First time I have worked for anyone other than myself in 25 years.
ps - Patrish hope this post is OK, not trying to convince anyone to visit, just relaying what I know.

Ive been to the Track in PF many times. I hope the ones in MB are ran as well as the one in PF. If they are allowed to place better carts on the track than the Grand Prix they will draw a lot of visitors.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:19 pm 

It won't be long now. I can't wait to see how all the changes pan out.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:25 pm 

It always amazes me the changes from year to year. It must be something to come back after several years. It would be like going on a vacation to a different place altogether. We always look forward to seeing what has changed each year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next