Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Big changes coming?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Ale House looks good. Hope that pans out! :beerchug:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:41 am 

It'd be great for some kind of brew pub came in somewhere. Whether its an upstart or a relocation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:18 am 

The area will definitely look different without Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock sitting there. I remember when those places first opened and both of them had 3+ hour waits. You didn't have widespread internet back then and getting a rare Hard Rock t-shirt was a must have and you couldn't just click a mouse and order one. Even the gift shop line was a long wait. It wasn't long until they started building these places in practically every city in the U.S. and the nostalgia kind of wore off. I know eventually everything has to change, but those two landmarks were part of a huge change in the weekly activities for our beach trips.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:43 am 

Yeah, it's crazy. An era of MB did end with all of those attractions now gone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:42 am 

Plans not approved for Ale House

http://wbtw.com/2015/11/17/plans-submit ... -location/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:44 am 

So how are things looking at BATM? Did they start any construction or demolition?

Post subject: Big changes coming?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:14 am 

The sun had a pic, but couldn't see much. Basically just tops and fencing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

"...did not approve the application from Carolina Ale House Thursday afternoon. Kruea did not state a specific reason for the rejection of the application, but noted the committee thought the proposed designs didn’t have enough character...."

I guess Planet Hollywood had a lot of character? :clown:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject: Big changes coming?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:12 am 

At the beginning...sure. The last many years,it was a eye soar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:44 am 

I wish they brought back the original NASCAR Café, before it was NASCAR Sports Grille. That was the highlight of my vacation when I was young.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:59 am 

They are building beside The Original Benjamin's in North Myrtle Beach. The greeter at Benjamin's said it was to be some type of racetrack and an arcade. I am only going by what she said but it looks interesting. There are a lot of very high wooden poles so far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:31 am 

budwash435 wrote:
I wish they brought back the original NASCAR Café, before it was NASCAR Sports Grille. That was the highlight of my vacation when I was young.

Agreed!! We went to Nascar Cafe's in Orlando (Universal), Las Vegas, and Nashville back when they were popular, but none were as much fun as the one at Myrtle Beach. I guess trends change over the years, but that was a great theme restaurant.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:14 pm 

Scott & Misti wrote:
budwash435 wrote:

Agreed!! We went to Nascar Cafe's in Orlando (Universal), Las Vegas, and Nashville back when they were popular, but none were as much fun as the one at Myrtle Beach. I guess trends change over the years, but that was a great theme restaurant.

We went to the one in Orlando and really liked it. Kind of went in with the expectation of the usual theme restaurant where prices are high and food is average, but were pleasantly surprised with good food and decent prices. Actually one of our better meal in Orlando.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:40 am 

MBKY wrote:
Scott & Misti wrote:
budwash435 wrote:

We went to the one in Orlando and really liked it. Kind of went in with the expectation of the usual theme restaurant where prices are high and food is average, but were pleasantly surprised with good food and decent prices. Actually one of our better meal in Orlando.

I just got all nostalgic and totally miss that place. It was always the first place we went when we got into town to start our vacation. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:07 pm 

Just thought I would chime in about some changes:

Next to Original Benjamin's they tore down the Shriners building and are rebuilding it along with go carts and other attractions.

Also Fun Warehouse on Hwy 544 is expancing the building and adding to the outside, they also will have go carts.

The Alabama Grill, others in between and lastly Phillips has been torn down, no word on what iis going there yet.

The Carolina Ale House will be where Planet Hollywood was. Beer joints are getting crazy here, went to the new place Brass Tap, at Market Commons last weekend. Beer is quite expensive I paid $5.50 for 16 oz DFH Indian Brown and $12.50 for 10 oz Kasteel barista chocolate quad. Best bet was the $10 sampler I also ordered got 6 oz of 4 beers I chose all high end/priced ones. While I'm at it, food menu sounded really good the pub burger 6 oz with thick cut smoked bacon and jalapeno cream cheese, 2 little bitty pieces of bacon and what seemed to be a frozen patty, not good. Darlene ordered Prime Rib sandwich with au jus on the side, it was good but not worth $12.50. We had French Dip sandwich at Pine Lakes Country Club 3 weeks ago and it was very good for $10.

By the way beer prices, House of Blues Wednesday for Dan & Shay $9 a bottle of bud light, what oh I can get draft for only $5, that's better.

Paula Deen is putting up a new building where Carlos N Charlies was inside Broadway at the Beach.

Revolutions is becoming Oz, every night the interior will be different and have a different vibe.

As noted Hard Rock is moving into where Broadway Louie's was, they moved up the block to what has been many reincarnations over the years, originally Sloppy Joe's.

On 29th N the original Bullwinkle's, then Mikino's is going to be El Cerro Grande.

La Fiesta, old Cagney's building, lots of folks thought it was Mexican but was not Italian was being served is now Carolina Seafood & Steaks. Was over there last week and heard folks after lunch all saying, very good.

Across the street Amici's which was a favorite to a lot of folks at Broadway will be opening in the old location of Duffy Street, constructiuon is under way.

Many more changes coming.

What happened to my Avator, it went missing. I tried to add again but it only allows for a certain pre-selected group, am I doing something wrong?

Gary

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next