Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

The upsidedown house is now open. Prices are on the website:
http://www.wonderworksonline.com/myrtle-beach/

WonderWorks Upside Down House (amusement park for the mind) is due to open in April. Here's a picture I took Saturday March 12. It's coming right along!

http://www.funbeaches.com/March_2011/upside.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:18 pm 

There are a lot of new things at Broadway at the Beach since we were there in 2009. We were kinda board when we were there then. I am now looking forward to checking out all the new attractions.

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:50 pm 

This looks awesome! I can't wait to go there this summer. Like Jeff said, BATB has been a bit boring the past couple of times we went there so it'll be nice to have something fresh and new to do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 am 

The Wonderworks Building will be some sight after an evening at Celebrity Square.....just sayin.......

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:22 am 

We have visited the Wonder Works location in Sevierville, TN a couple times. Our 12 year old daughter just loves the place. There are a lot of hands of activities for kids of all ages. I think of it as a children's science museum as far as the hands on activities, but these are more fun oriented as opposed to learning. Does that make sense?

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:17 pm 

Mike, we live less than 10 minutes from the WonderWorks in Pigeon Forge. Next time you are in this area contact us and we could have a meet-up. The parking lot at WonderWorks always seems to be packed. We have not done the WonderWorks part but have been to the Hoot and Holler dinner show there in the building. Also now there is a very good magician performing there. His name is Terry Evanswood. Nice man who goes to our Church. I am wondering if the WonderWorks there at BATB will have a dinner show theater as this one does.

Judy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:07 pm 

Wow - I guess I get the honors of doing the first review on Wonderworks @ BATB. For starters, I'll do my usual thing and apologize for being a very infrequent visitor/contributor to this board. A bit of background: my hubby & I live in Central NC with our almost 10 year-old daughter and we also own a small place in Barefoot Resort. We are here for several weeks this summer and I’ll try to post on anything interesting that we might do (we are both telecommuting for part of our stay and our daughter is doing some summer camps so not a total vacation).

We decided to visit Wonderworks last Wednesday on a bit of a whim - thought the daughter wanted to do the Pavillion rides (has a season pass) but she changed her mind. I’ll start off by saying that I would NOT recommend Wonderworks during the busy season. It doesn’t seem to be well thought-out or designed to handle larger crowds. There are several “choke points” where lines for an attraction make it difficult to move through the space and the lines for the more exciting attractions can be VERY long. We waited about an hour and a half for the first big thing – I think it was called 360 something. It’s basically two sets of two-person bicycles, each on a pendulum. So the idea is that if you pedal hard/fast enough, you can swing it over the top, upside down and all the way around. The entire time we were in the line though, we only ever saw one bike go over (the one on the left side as you’re looking at it). I can’t believe this was because of the riders (since we saw MANY of them riding while we waited in line), so honestly I think something was wrong with the other bike that kept it from going over. Imagine how disappointed you’d be if you waited in line for 90 minutes, only to end up on the “wrong” bike… At any rate, overall we did think Wonderworks was a lot of fun and would be worth the money when it was less crowded, but we definitely spent a LOT more time waiting in lines than we did participating. Our daughter really did enjoy everything here and we probably will go back, but off-season.

Here are a few other notes I had:

Everything near the bubble area gets VERY slippery! The stairs, the bathrooms, and other nearby attractions (one of which is kind of a dancing thing, so we really had to watch our daughter closely on that one so she didn't take a big fall).

They definitely have set this place up to have you go through it from top to bottom. Once you hit the ropes course on the top floor, they expect you to exit (not that anything we saw tells you this) and it’s not at all clear how you can get back to the other attractions from there (hint: follow the signs for strollers/wheelchairs).

My two enjoyed the ropes course a lot, but they were given a 20 minute timer & once it goes off you are supposed to exit the course. They didn’t even get through the whole course in 20 minutes. Also, they mark your ticket and/or your hand when you get on the course, so I guess that’s saying they only want you to go through it once (again, nothing told us this). For the money you pay, I think you should be able to go thru as often as you want, as long as you're willing go back & wait in the line each time (maybe this is different when it’s less crowded and I do understand them limiting the time you can spend on the course).

We wanted to buy a combo ticket for Wonderworks + outdoor ropes course + zipline for our daughter, but they told us you had to weigh 90 lbs. to do the zipline & she’s not even close to that. Maybe next year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 pm 

How would it be for an almost 3 year old? Anything for someone that age?

Pat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 am 

Hi Pat,

Yes, I think a 3 year-old would definitely find some fun things to do. The bubbles come to mind first, but there was also a cute virtual air hockey game, a big piano on the floor, lots of fun space exhibits and the bed of nails that my (not so) little one thought was too cool. I think there would only be maybe 3-4 things that a 3 year-old wouldn't be allowed to do due to size restrictions. The good news is that a 3 year-old would either be a reduced price or maybe even free (I don't remember the exact ages). If you decide to go, let us know how it goes.

Nancy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:30 pm 

just curious... having trouble finding the ticket price for the upside down house . do you know what it is?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:20 pm 

There is a coupon for $2 off on the website

PRICING
(Prices are subject to sales tax)
CHILD (4-12)
& SENIOR 55+

General Admission $14.99

ADULTS
$22.99

WonderWorks Exhibits
1 Ropes Course (CLOSED SHOES REQUIRED and Waivers for 18 and over)

SAVE WITH COMBO PACKAGES!

Lazer Combo $17.99 $25.99
(General Admission and 1 Lazer Tag Game)

Adrenaline Combo $36.99 $39.99
(General Admission, Soar + Explore Ropes Course and Zipline)
*coupons are not accepted on this package

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

Our son, DIL and grandson Kenan were here from March 16 -20. The weather was crappy. Kenan who will be 6 in July brought his bathing suit because he insisted it would be warm in Myrtle Beach. Of course it wasn't. But we took the family to see WonderWorks, and everyone loved it. There is plenty to do here for the entire family. Kenan just squeeked by the height measurement for rope climbing. When they strapped them up for the adventure, Kenon asked Mike (his dad) what would happen if he fell. Mike said "That's why you have all the straps around you. You won't fall far." Kenan said "OK! Let's go!" Here are some photos. Please ask if you have any questions.

http://funbeaches.com/upside-down-house/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:32 am 

That's great that he was able to enjoy himself. Nice looking little feller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:48 am 

He is growing up and what a cutie he is.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:22 pm 

Wow he is getting big! So cute! Looks like fun - something to do when the kids are a bit older.

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014