Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Stores At Broadway
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:06 pm 

Why can I not remember a "Crabby Jacks General Store" ? Can someone refresh my memory of where it is located at Broadway? I guess it is safe to say that "Crabby Jill's" will not be like the General Store that left a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed the General Store and would like to see it return.

I have mentioned here on the board before that cupcakes are a big thing here in Tennessee. There are numerous cupcake shops in Chattanooga and Knoxville and my mouth waters everytime I drive by one. They really are good if you have that kind of sweet tooth. I noticed that Patish said a cupcake eatery would be moving into Broadway. Ok...someone has to find out if this is a GIgi's. Not that I won't have enough sweets on vacation I would just love to share this little divine treat with all of you. As soon as someone knows the name please let us know. Or better yet...Gary you seem to know all the Myrtle Beach secrets. Surely you can find this out.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

Deanna, are you asking because you just received my newsletter? I think Crabby Jack’s General Store went in after you were here last. I did not go inside, so I can't tell you what they have, but as I mentioned in the newsletter, Crabby Jill’s and Crabby Jacks will carry the same items. They will probably be at different ends of BAB. Crabby Jack's is near the little playground. (I think it may have been Magnolia's.)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:57 pm 

Well my goodness Magnolia's was also a favorite store of mine :cry:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:34 am 

Cravenly's which has a location in Garden City is more than a cupcake shop, they offer good food to go in a box, think school lunch boxes, they also make speciality cakes and cupcakes, that who is opening at Broadway, not sure of the date.

Depending upon where you are staying on the beach, there are plenty of cupcakes places so there will be one fairly close.

Cocodots which was a cupcake war or whatever winner from NY, is now open and close to my house, they are expensive yet good, today they have key lime cupcakes, so on the way back from the beach I'm stopping and getting a couple, Dar is working until 7 and I will have dinner ready for her, my special breaded, pan fried then baked pork chops, corn from the produce stand in Garden City, mashed potato's and then the cupcakes and a movie streamed from Netflix.

1 hour from now I will be on the beach :)

Gary

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:55 am 

Thanks Gary for the cupcake update.

Doug and I are headed to Chattanooga this afternoon when he gets home from golf. The cupcake special at Gigi's today is Kentucky Bourbon (this flavor sound horrible but it is delish and I don't even drink) in honor of the Derby this afternoon. It just happens to be one of our favorites. So yes we will be stopping. We are only getting one to share since I am strictly dieting for the beach. When I get to the beach and I am 10 pounds over my goal you all can remind me that I just had to have that cupcake :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:10 am 

Deanna, if I were Doug, I would be glad to let you eat half and I would eat your other half as well as my whole one :)

The keylime cupcakes were good, not great and especially at $2.50 each I would not buy this one again. Kentucky Bourbon sounds good to me, one of my buddies and bowling partner partner have been in KY, at the track, since Tue and was at the race yesterday. This place makes a bacon and maple (or something) cupcake!

Lots of clouds, not sure of the sun is going to break out today, maybe in a couple of hours. You'll look good for the beach, I gained 15 lbs in the last 6 months and all in the belly, on well.

Stay well

Gary