Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Market Common
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:42 pm 

We found this place with no problems. It IS rather far from where we usually stay. It was impressive. I saw a couple restaurants I'd like to try, but doubt if we'd go that far to simply eat. Its a great place to go and look and walk around. There are still a lot of stores to move in yet. I can see a future for the place. We are older, so its hard on us , or rather, I should actually say, me, to do a lot of walking since I have a few problems with walking great distances. If you don't mind the walking, its a great place to go and simply 'mosey around' in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:23 pm 

I was just curious on how this place is doing? It wasn't very crowded (for something new) when we were down in the summer, and I assume with the lower than normal crowds this year that some of the shops may be struggling. I know that some of the shops in the area are not the type to thrive in a bad economy. Do any of the locals know if every thing is still good in that area?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:38 pm 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
the last two times i have been it has been pretty busy...once on a weekday and once on the weekend. i enjoy looking around at the unique shops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:24 pm 

Laura wrote:
the last two times i have been it has been pretty busy...once on a weekday and once on the weekend. i enjoy looking around at the unique shops

That's good. I was hoping that this place just didn't open at the wrong time, which could cause it to lose some of its stores. I didn't get a chance to stop and walk around, but we did drive around it a couple of times.