Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:30 am 

Maureen, depending on traffic and the route you take, Ocean Isle Beach is about 50 minutes from the northern part of Ocean Blvd. (say, around the Beach Colony area). The fastest way is to shoot over to 31 (Carolina Bays Parkway) and head to its northernmost exit in Little River which is Rt. 9 (it says "North Myrtle Beach" up there, but don't you believe it; you're in Little River when you get off), then head east on 9 until you pick up 17 heading north. If you go this way, you skip the 3,000 traffic light circus that is North Myrtle Beach.

Once on 17 in North Carolina, you can simply take a right onto Ocean Isle Beach Road for a straight shot to the beach, or you can take wider state highways/roads by taking a right onto 904 then a left onto 179 until you hit the Causeway over the waterway into Ocean Isle Beach.

Trust me, you won't have any issues getting into or out of Ocean Isle Beach in April. Unless, of course, someone spills some Plutonium 232 in aisle 7 of the local Food Lion. Then you've got problems. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:28 pm 

Thanks for posting her directions Leo.

We like to take the 179 Route. Get to "enjoy" the beach environment after traveling 12 hrs down and know we have a 12 hr drive back. If you take 179 out of Little River you'll go through Calabash and Sunset Beach area. It may take a little longer, but a very lovely drive!

Even in peak season, the only time traffic gets backed up is Saturday afternoon (check-in) and that is not really all that bad either.

Definitely NOT a crowded beach. We rented a house for this year that is ocean front, but the middle of the beach access areas. We rented this same house a few years ago and loved it. Empty beach there. Right off the accesses they are a little more crowded, but if you walk up even 75 feet, you have all the space you want!

The far east end of the island is a great place to walk in the evening, especially low tide. There are no houses there, due to being eroded, so on low tide the beach is full of all these little tide pools, lots of birds, etc. It's quiet and about a 1/2 mile up, you can't even see any houses - except those from the next island up - Holden Beach.

Ocean Isle Beach, with visits to MB
1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008 AND 2010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:05 am 

I have no idea how I missed this post you replied to almost a year ago now. I am so terribly sorry I did not reply and give you my Thanks!! We did not make it to Calabash last August, but it is on my list for "to do's" this August. Of course with the new Hard Rock Park and Market Common to visit, who knows if & when I will ever make it there. Thanks so much, once again, and again I am very, very sorry for not replying sooner!!!
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:05 am 

We always visit Callahan's..
I tried to take pics.. but was told it wasn't allowed.. HMMPH

need to be more secretive this year.. :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:10 pm 

Pics won't come up now...says I need a password. Would have loved to see them.
How did I miss this place????? Going this year for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:12 pm 

You will love Callahan's...I can spend HOURS in there... :roll: much to Terry's dismay!

Jo Ann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:18 pm 

Jo Ann, how do you get the Ticker Factory to work??? Everytime I go there, it's just a site for ovulating and crap like that. I can't find the place to make a countdown clock???????

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:19 pm 

Here's the link to the post about setting up your ticker....http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=1481

Here's their website...and they are on Facebook, too.

http://callahansgifts.com/our-story.html

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:30 pm 

Hey, I had already googled them and found the site. LOL
Thanks for the link. It was very easy with the link you sent. When I've tried before, it just showed for prego women or women that were trying to get pregant....that's not me!!! LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:36 am 

Thanks, Lisa, for posting the link! I always have to find the post about tickers and then follow it step by step...from one trip to another I always forget how to do it... :roll: oh well!

JoAnn