Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:34 am 
Site Admin

This is an article form the Wilmington, NC StarNews Online, and it's the first I've heard about the closing of Abercrombie stores. As many of you know, we have one of these stores in Coastal Grand Mall. I don't know if this will have an effect on our local store or if it will be "business as usual" for the Coastal Grand location.

The writer of this story says:
~~~~~~~~~~
And don't even think about paying full price because Abercrombie & Fitch and its neighboring Abercrombie store in Independence Mall are in the process of closing for good so everything is an additional 50 percent off. But you have to act fast as Saturday is the last day.

I quickly browsed both stores Tuesday and found tons of cute tops for $9.90 and $12.90. Much to my surprise the employee told me that was before the discount, so we're talking about $5-$6.50 for just about everything. And did I mention the wall full of flipflops for $4.95 each?

After these stores are gone, part of a national restructuring and closure of more than 100 stores by the company, the nearest Abercrombie & Fitch will be in Myrtle Beach, S.C. So now's the time to use those holiday gift cards unless you feel like making a road trip later.
~~~~~~~~~~

I'll admit that I've never been inside this store. The blast of music emitting from the entrance affects me the same way dogs fear the electric fences. But then I'm just an old fogey who would probably have loved it as a teenager. I don't know whether this store is going to close or stay open, but if I had a gift card, I would want to use it soon. The entire story is here:

http://tinyurl.com/49xhby6

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:59 am 

Symon LOVES that store. He actually only wears Abercrombie (or Hollister on occasion :wink: ). Their clothes are definately overpriced and having them "distressed" is the only way people wear them. I can see them having trouble as the economy the way it is and their clothes only appealing to a certain demographic. He will be distraught if he the store at the Colonial closes. He does major shopping there while we are down as they have amazing deals and the girls working there "are gorgeous" per Symon...LOL :wink:

Sy wearing ripped, oops I mean "distressed" Abercrombie
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1377290145

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

Well, Emmy, I hope for Sy's sake the location here will stay open! I wouldn't want him to get distressed over not being able to buy distressed. LOL!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall