Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:33 am 

We have been following the news from MB the last few days with all the storms and flooding. I am hoping all of you are safe and the damage is not too severe. Our condo in Little River flooded Friday night. Luckily we have a good property management firm that is taking care of all the repairs. We have to replace all the carpeting (which we were going to do anyway) hopefully that is the worst of it. The property management was able to relocate our tenant into an unrented short term vacation unit until the repairs are complete.

We hope all of you made out ok. We are thinking about all of you and MB in general.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:23 pm 

Was wondering how you guys made out. Saw that there was some flooding in Baytree. We haven't closed yet on our condo our agent is going to check everything out this week. He is having trouble at his own home due to the weather. What a mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:54 pm 

Thanks......It could have been a whole lot worse. Our property manager told us the HOA is going to pay for walls, molding doors etc. although she said the water drained quickly enough that she does not believe there is damage to the walls. We have been through this kind of thing before with Rita, Gustav, Ike and Alison. Still does not make it easy. The property manager seems to be stepping right up and on top of things. Still it's hard managing this kind of thing from a distance.

Are you buying in Baytree? I was told all of the first floor units flooded. At least is section IX. This was a 500 year event so I would not get too upset. You likely will get at least new flooring in your unit. Not a bad deal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:35 pm 

No we're in Spinnaker Cove at the Valley of Eastport golf course. We have a second floor unit so I think it's going to be okay. You're right about it being a rare occurrence. Just saw the rainfall totals this is insane http://ow.ly/T5ren

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:27 am 
Site Admin

North Myrtle Beach got twice the amount of rain we did in Myrtle Beach. They already had drainage problems in the Horseshoe (OD Pavilion area) so they will be cleaning up for awhile yet. Here it was haphazard, as I mentioned in another post. Mostly it was the houses on a lower elevation that suffered flood damage.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:17 pm 

I saw where NMB got almost 22 inches of rain between Friday and Tuesday. Having been through some mighty storms here in the Houston area (Memorial day floods.....Ike.....Rita.....Gustave...Alison) I have to say that is a lot of water. I also heard it is supposed to rain again this weekend?......I hope it's not another bad storm.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Oh...I hope not!

October is usually a beautiful month and that's when so many events are scheduled. Now the venues are scrambling to reschedule and still stay in the month of October. It has been a nightmare for so many businesses...even for me, trying to keep up with the scheduling changes on my "free stuff/event" page:
http://www.funbeaches.com/free-stuff-myrtle-beach.html

Keep your fingers crossed that we just get a light rain that won't interfere with any scheduled events.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall