Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VA beach
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:19 am 

So we visited Virginia Beach this past weekend for a concert. It was nice to put our feet in the sand but in my book does not compare to Myrtle Beach. Felt like we were cheating on "our" beach and leaves me even more anxious for our September vacation.
Does anyone else feel like that when visiting another beach? I guess I've gotten spoiled by knowing our way around and having favorite restaurants, stores, etc. And I didn't find 1 shell :(

Post subject: Re: VA beach
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:28 pm 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Qu├ębec
We live in Myrtle Beach and love it. I visited Virginia Beach years ago, and was not impressed by it. You are correct, it does not compare to "our" beach. :cool:
One of our neighbors bought a home in our small complex because she loves it so much here. Her permanent residence is in Virginia, and she does not like Virginia Beach either. Yay for Myrtle Beach! :cheerleader:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:02 am 

Myrtle Beach is my "go to" beach. I went to a beach in the Bahamas a few years back. The water was crystal clear and the water was warm, but it just wasn't the same. I also think being so familiar with the area makes it more special. I know where to eat, how to avoid the bad traffic, what night to go where, etc...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:21 am 

The only other beaches I was ever at were Wildwood NJ and Chicoteague/Assateague MD. I would never go back to Wildwood since the place is a dump. Chicoteague is defintitely something I would go back for at some point and time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:16 am 

I think my thing is that I can be a creature of habit. I had no idea where we were as we traveled, thank goodness for friends who know the area!
1 huge plus was seeing dolphins early in the morning. My daughter has never seen them from the beach so her excitement (even at 20 yrs old) was exciting to me. I think she even uttered the words "I'm going to catch one" :hysterical: