Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:21 pm 

Well here I sit, about 64 more days till we leave and I have started packing items we will need in the condo such as cleaning supplies, toiletries and towels. My husband says Im crazy, but I like to think I am completely sane. Don't want to forget anything and on the day before we leave and be running around like a mad woman trying to remember everything. Am I the only one that does this ??? :???:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

I usually pack early for our annual vacations, starting at least a week ahead. But I need to keep a list near the suitcase and cross off items as I pack them. Otherwise I'm wondering if I've already packed something. Or worse...I search the house for something only to realize It's already in the suitcase! :oops:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:16 pm 

You are not alone! I start buying things that we will need early..especially if I see something on sale that I know we will need...You know so many things are much more expensive at the beach...so I say start early!

Patrish, I have to keep lists, too, of items that are already packed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:39 pm 

Isn't the excitement of trip part of what makes the vacation great? You can never start too early.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:57 am 

About a month ago, Kristi started buying things for our trip in August. Nothing is packed but there is a whole list of things that are off limits until vacation. Gatorade, beef jerky, other various foods make the list as well. We have about 15LBS of Oscar Mayer deli meat and Kraft cheese in the freezer; some of which will be used on vacation. It's never too early to plan ahead. I've given thought as to what beer I'll be drinking since May!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:57 am 

I do this too! About 2 weeks before and about a week before I start packing all my clothes so that I'm not having to dig them out of the laundry and wash them last minute! My husband always scoffs at me, but I like being READY when it's time to leave! He literally packs everything on the day we are leaving.

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:18 pm 

I start packing in December for our trip in February. If I'm crazy, I can live with it! :nanner:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:38 pm 

You are not alone. I always buy new toothpaste, deo, shampoo, etc. for vacation. I start buying those items several months before our trip and dropping them into my vacation bag. This is probably a good thing because the week before vacation the bottom always drops out of something and I always wonder how I could have added one more thing to my agenda. Getting to the beach is half the fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:00 pm 

Not at all crazy! I'm with you!! We leave in 64 days and I had to rewrite my list because what I had on my old laptop is gone and I have to write out then put on the computer lol...

So today I've started setting things on the DR table because we never use our DR unless its a holiday and its all out of the way!!

Seriously the next 64 days will go by fast!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:18 pm 

I'm a list guy. Packing lists, to do lists , etc. We usually shop 1-2 weeks ahead of when we leave for trip snacks. water, sunscreen, other essentials. I start making preliminary lists a couple months ahead of time. We do laundry the weekend before we leave and try to sit aside things we want to take. It's NEVER too early to start thinking about the beach!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:47 pm 

Thank you all for letting me know Im not the only one who starts packing so early!! Herdman I have a whole little notebook with lists also. lol Helps me keep track of what I've packed already and what I still need to get. It just makes life easier that way! Haha Phroggy ...Im with ya on the beer thing. I even have a list for that!!! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:21 pm 

luvmb wrote:

So today I've started setting things on the DR table because we never use our DR unless its a holiday and its all out of the way!!

I thought we were the only people that used our dining room table to store our vacation items. We rarely use the thing and it's a good spot to visually organize what is ready to load in the car. I'm going to have to make another beach trip before summer is over so I can have some fun getting ready for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:25 pm 

MBKY .. It must be a KY thing to not use our DR lol .. Labor Day weekend I told everyone they need to eat outside on the deck! And if I don't change my mind in not cooking because that like a week before we leave. LOL . Our DR is out of the way so I'm good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:31 pm 

Haha I don't have a dining room, but my guest room is getting full! I hope no one comes to stay with us or they are going to have to couch it!! luvmb, sounds like we will be there the same week!! Only 63 days, 14 hrs and 29 minutes till we leave. Im not counting or anything..... :cheerleader:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:51 am 

loco... we must be on the same track because I just checked my phone and its 63 days 17 hours and 14 mins... I like the sound of 2 months 1 day... If I really wanted to make it closer .. Just 2 months because that 1 day I'm running around with last minute things... I'm beyond ready to get to MB ... We have had so much rain here. My DR will not be used until Thanksgiving now... It is now vacation prep room!!

Carol