Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pre-trip stress
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:10 am 
Site Admin

I had forgotten how stressful it is preparing for the trip to MB :???: ! Vehicle is finally cleaned inside and out with a fresh wax job, bags are almost packed, I think we have enough money for the vacation, instructions for our Grandson Eddie on how to take care of the animals (three dogs, three cats, one bird, and a tank full of fish), garden and lawn work almost finished, what am I missing :dontknow: !! Going on vacation is a lot of work and preparation, but we desperately need one!! Can't wait until Friday, when we start the journey down!!

Post subject: Re: Pre-trip stress
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:15 am 

I couldn't agree more! I spend so much time planning and getting excited about a trip, and then the days before we leave I start stressing. I guess it is just part of the whole vacation experience.

Have a great trip!

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:45 am 

My favorite part is getting the inside of my car spotless, only for it to be covered in crumbs and food wrappers, and eventually sand hours later.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:05 am 
Site Admin

My comment to my grandson was, no more New York dirt, time for some Carolina beach sand!!!
Haven't been to MB since 2011 when Irene chased us home, can't wait to get on our way!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:13 am 

I know how you feel .. we have 23 days until we leave and I'm already stressing.. I have the last week planned to touch up cleaning on the house, last minute grocery shopping of things we want from here, making sure everyone has their meds-refills, and last day packing car, and dog food ready for sitter, just a mini list of things .. oh and eat out last evening so no dishes and early shower so we all can get in bed and up at 4 .. which I won't be able to sleep because the excitement will kick in.. Hope you all have a safe and great trip!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:55 pm 

budwash435 wrote:
My favorite part is getting the inside of my car spotless, only for it to be covered in crumbs and food wrappers, and eventually sand hours later.

The car definitely has to be spotless before pulling out to the beach. It bothered me this year because for the first time in the 15 years I have taken my family to the beach, I didn't get to wash the car before leaving. It rained the entire day before we left and we ended up packing in the rain. We are pretty good about picking the trash up inside the car while traveling to and from the beach. I make sure that everything is trashed each time we stop. I just wish the wife would keep up the method when we get home :lol: .

Don't be stressed with all the pre-trip stuff. Just be like me, and consider it part of the vacation "experience". I enjoy every bit of it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:46 pm 

Pre-Vacation is LOTS of STRESSFUL work, but oh so worth it. Ron, I can't wait to hear about your trip.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:33 pm 

I'm sorry it's been so stressful for all of you! This is my first year to NOT have stress because we no longer need strollers, play pens, pull-ups or anything toddler related! Tyler doesn't even take naps an more so we are free for the whole day and I don't have to find myself stuck in the condo every afternoon. :nanner:

Landmark Resort August 2005
Boardwalk Beach Resort July 2006
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2007, 2008, 2009
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2010
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2011, 2012, 2013
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2014
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2015

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:54 am 
Site Admin

Back when I was an alpha male :ninja: , I didn't stress much at all! I would basically fly by the seat of my pants! Now that I'm an omega male :bellydancer[1]: I tend to fret about things :???: ! It's amazing how age and health change us so drastically!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:09 am 

Pre Trip Stress... we are 14 days before we leave and this holiday weekend is not helping my plans.. Had to work with hubby yesterday and we didnt get in until 9:30ish .. I've fussed all summer about how rainy and dreary its been here and today is GORGEOUS and I need to work on our bedroom .. gotta find a few things of hubbys to pack .. this is the only time we can get him out of work clothes and see him in colors other than black .. Guess I could open the curtains wide and play loud music and hope I get somethings accomplished.. Cook out this weekend is minimal .. burgers, dogs chips and maybe potato salad.. LOL ..

Just something for ya'll to read !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:52 am 

OH just a few stress things to mention .. found out Monday evening that someone had changed my email password and had a time getting that lined out .. daughter works in the repo office that hubby works for and it got broke into last night and of all the things they got, they got her nike flip flops .. LOLOL.. How could they?!! So being the good mom I am have been online this morning trying to find her another pair .. they were her favorites!! Mission accomplished!!

Also going to have to go to the clinic today because my surgery eye is giving me pain .. I'm sure its sinus because cheek bone and ear is hurting .. but my eye hasn't given me any problems since the surgery and yesterday and today its very uncomfortable.. "I ain't got time for that" LOL

ON a brighter note.. 8days until we leave!!