Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:03 am 

We live in Roanoke Virginia, so we plan mini trips to Pigeon Forge Tennessee, especially around Thanksgiving after all the Christmas lights have been put up.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:39 am 

Corine, Lux, and I will be doing a mini trip to Manassas VA next weekend for a couple days.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:20 am 

Cindyva I grew up 40 miles from Roanoke. All my relatives lived in and around Roanoke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:56 pm 

I grew up in Roanoke, Va. My sister still lives there. Our last non-MB vacation was a cruise to the east Carribean.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:25 pm 

We live about 40 miles Northeast of Pittsburgh. When kids were young we went to the zoo, Fort Pitt Museum, some concerts , Kennywood Amusement Park, and sea world in Ohio. Never week long trips, just 1 or 2 day trips. We also went to our camp alot when kids were small. Took the kids to Air Shows. Now for us. We too like Civil War History, my husband and me. We have been to Gettysburg at least 6 times, but it is for 2 or 3 days, so we like to go back. We have stayed at the Doubleday Inn on the Battlefield one time . We have been to Harpers Ferry , but want to go back, needed more time. One yr in July we drove part of the Blue Ridge Parkway started at Front Royal Va ,wnt to Luray Caverns, then to Lexington Va where General Lee is buried, and down to Appomattox VA to see the historic civil war area. Then up to the Peaks of Otter . On the way home Antietam, MD. civil war battlefied. This was in 3 1/2 days!!! I had an agenda as we only had so much time . Was fun.

Last month another 3 1/2 days starting in Arlington, Va cemetary, the next day USMC Museum in Triangle VA, then to Mount Veron where George Washington lived with his wife. ( you can do alot if you have it planned) . I wanted to go to Washigton DC , we could see it across from Arlington House and my husband said NO we are not going there until we get a new president. It is BANNED. :boxing:

One yr to Lancaster PA for a few days, and stayed at a Band Breakfast.

We have been to Las Vegas once, and we went to Red Rock Canyon, and Hoover Dam while there.

Would like to do another trip but we just keeping talking deciding where to go different while time passes by.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:24 pm 

Cathy wrote:
We live about 40 miles Northeast of Pittsburgh....

I've often wondered, why are there so many of us here in this small little area north of Pittsburgh. Rural Valley, Kittanning, Slippery Rock, Butler, Little further north to Emlenton for me personally. There's so many of us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know why so many of y'all ended up here on the message board, but I am sure glad you did! XOXOXO!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:08 am 

patrish wrote:
I don't know why so many of y'all ended up here on the message board, but I am sure glad you did! XOXOXO!

Well, maybe we just love yinz down there :hysterical:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

:tongue3:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:40 pm 

Yeah, Patrish we love Yinz down there like mRodgers posted. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:45 pm 

I'm never surprised to find about half of the license plates at the resort parking garage are from Western Pennsylvania.

Last edited by phroggy on Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:36 am 

This year .. Home... House repairs!!! Our pool is above ground build into our deck .. Being replaced this week.. End of month new roof .. Mid to end of July all new windows.. Then break until sept when we'll be in MB.. Oh we do have a high school reunion to attend ..lol hoping to take a picnic to the Breaks Intersrate Park which borders KY VA and just a 45 min drive from us and ssooo beautiful!!

Carol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:35 pm 

This year we had a conflict with the hotel we had been staying at, and cancelled our reservation. Instead, we are in the process of planning a Miata tour cross country beginning and ending here in Ohio. We hope to visit Louisanna, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, and a few more. Plans are still in the planning stage. We did this with some friends about 25 years ago, on a motorcycle.
Then we covered all the northern states, went all way to California, hit all the middle map states along with the southern ones. It was a blast, but we aren't young any more , nor do we own a motorcycle. I'm gona love traveling in our Miata as compared to the cycle. My most outstanding memory from that trip is when we came through the Mohave dessert in 124 degree temp, and ending up with heat exhaustion. This trip will not be as extensive, and, the Miata top goes up, as well as down

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:09 am 

Lou, that sounds like a great trip!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:18 am 

Lou that sounds wonderful!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next