Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:49 am 
Site Admin

I thought this story in The Sun News was interesting. I know many of you rent from owners and I'm sure you are expecting the amenities such as the pool to be a part of your vacation. But if the owners have already opted out of their amenity plan.....

Source: The Sun News:
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/0 ... rylink=cpy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 am 

The question is often asked if you should rent from the owner direct or the property. This is a trend I think that will only grow as time goes on. As a guest you really need to know up front what and what not is included if you rent from an owner. This is why I like going through the resort, I know what I am getting and can get a new unit if mine has issues.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:39 am 

So it did beg the question of what the condo owner is entitled to offer his guests when he signed the papers upon purchase. As guests, we really don't know. The gentleman we rent from has been perfectly honest with us thus far and we've experienced no problems. I don't know what the future holds for us but rest assured unless the resorts lower their prices, I'll never book through them again. I can enjoy my vacation without their beach bar, laundry room and useless exercise facility.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:49 am 
Forum Support

So the condo owners stopped paying the HOA fee? Didn't realize that was a optional thing.

The margins are slim I am sure on renting. This is what happens tho when you lower your price so much to compete with others. You can't absorb all the costs, you just can't. Sometimes you just have to keep your price or up it just a bit. Let what you offer and the service you provide count for something. Otherwise you will be out of business fast.

HomeAway.com was a great invention for the vacationer. For the business it was the worst thing to come along.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:30 pm 

For the 1st time in my life, MB made me sentimental.

Eighteen years ago this weekend, marks our 1st trip to MB.

For years, ... years, we tossed owning 'OUR' unit w/ a house we also considered ours. Four us, it has always come down to guests, their habits. While we chose a house, I grieve for the unit, memories made, we will never share with others.

No matter where others choose to stay, it needs to meet theirLONG list of demands. Some want overnight, others need full service, ............ FULL service for a week. From one potato chip on the floor to a party gone bad.

Be cautious and ask questions from those you rent from. Read between the lines before you sign.