Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Speeding Ticket
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:38 pm 
Forum Support

Ever get a speeding ticket while traveling? My neighbor got one coming back from his wedding/honeymoon and has no clue what to do besides pay it. I don't have a clue either but told him I would ask my fellow travel buddies. Don't ask for details because so far he is tight lipped. I'm trying! I think he is embarrassed but asking because his wife isn't too happy with him.

Post subject: Re: Speeding Ticket
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:54 pm 

He could fight it, but would have to travel back to the location he got it at. Is it close? Most likely not so the travel costs to maybe getting it reduced would far exceed what the cost of the fine is. This is an issue with vacationers. It really leaves you no choice but to pay the fine.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:56 pm 

I got one about 10 years ago headed to Myrtle Beach airport. Wrote the court in Conway a nice letter and sent it in with the fine and I got 80 to 90% of my money back and no points.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:00 pm 

Doug got one last July coming off 31 to Grissom. He was speeding, but in his defense the speed limit went from something like 65 to 45 with hardly any notice. For sure a vacationers speed trap :mad: We paid the ticket :mad:

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:35 pm 

I have a problem with them sitting with their radars out trying to catch outbound traffic leaving the beach. Knowing that these people have just dropped thousands of dollars in the South Carolina economy, and then try to get them for a couple hundred more is disgraceful. Don't mind them getting unsafe drivers, but to use it for a revenue source is wrong. I guess they don't monitor inbound as much knowing the people that get them will probably just factor it into their vacation budget and spend that much less the week they are there.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:14 pm 

A buddy and I caught coming down to MB years ago. Speed dropped to about 40 I think it was just as we crossed 95 I think it was. He was just waiting for beach bound travelers. He even told us the dangers of not paying it if we ever planned to enter SC again in the future with a warrant issued for unpaid ticket. Almost like he expected it. Buddy paid it.

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

I guess it depends on the situation. A friend who has lived here longer than we have got a speeding ticket. Swore up and down she was not speeding. Got her car checked at a local shop and the speedometer was not working right. She had them sign and date a letter to that effect, took the letter to court, and case was dismissed.

I see people being stopped for speeding almost every time I'm on Farrow Parkway, which is a lot. It's not just people from out of state....the cops stop plenty of locals too. People like to use that street as a cut-through from 17 Bus. to 17 Bypass and vice versa. Now the speed is 35 mph end to end. Please remember this when you are coming to the Market Common area.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall