Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:16 pm 

We have fell in love with being there in Sept. ...

I'm so behind on tanning because we haven't done anything with the pool... it needs replaced but some house projects have come before that, so we are thinking of just waiting until next year. So I guess its the old fashioned way of tanning of keeping the water hose beside me and spray down when I get too hot LOLOL...

A quick update on what has been going on with me lately to keep me out of the sun lolol
Dr. Changed my BS med to a shot (doesn't hurt and not insulin) but for type 2 and helps with weight loss.. all for that and finally on the full dose .. not helping with BS much yet because of ....

Catartact surgery .. eye is good but the steroid drops that I had to use for 4 weeks keep my BS up .. been off of drops for a week now and BS numbers are starting to come down some.. she may have to adjust the med some Tues but the surgery has kept me out of the sun for a while ..

NOW the last thing .. Tuesday evening this past week... we had a bad storm come through.. trees down everywhere.. roofing off of buildings etc... anyway after it ended we decided to go out to eat instead of cooking .. I came out of the house without tying my shoes and while in the truck leaned up to tie them and he ran upon a curb that slammed me into the dash (he wasn't going fast at all) this was just in the parking lot beside the house but it dead stopped the truck .. Heard my nose pop .. didn't break it but man it is still sore and thankful it didn't turn colors LOLOL .. we did go to the ER but they were packed out and the nurse said if you are moving it then its not broke and if it is there is nothing they can really do ... and we left .. didn't want to wait in all that mess LOL

I don't know what else could go wrong lolol..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

Carol, so sorry to heart if the many problems you've been having. Hopefully you can put them all behind you soon, and have a wonderful Myrtle Beach vacation!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:04 pm 

Thanks Patrish!! "I" am doing better!! BS numbers are coming down.. and yesterday at the dr I had dropped 18 pounds since April! Hoping to drop 15 more before we come down in Sept. Dr. just wants 5 .. HA she doesn't know me .. YMCA workouts are my evening activities and that helps ... Still waiting on the steroid drops to get out of my system but other than that all is good "knock on wood".... OH other than our air conditioner went out and won't be fixed until possibly this evening LOL..

OH Love the Crown Reef Cam!!! It and BATB are my faves right now!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:51 pm 

Don, we go to Florida for October and November. Home for Christmas then head down to Myrtle Beach so unfortunately we can't do October in Myrtle. I must say I was disappointed because I won't be able to get to a meetup that you will surely attend in October. Have a great time and actually it isn't too far away.