Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No more Myrtle Manor?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:18 pm 

Amanda just posted to Facebook that TLC is "taking a break" from filming MM. I know just a few of us watched, but that's disappointing. I think they ruined a good thing by this year's "pranking" lines and with the other park. Seemed really scripted this time. But I still think the characters are awesome. Hope all is going well with Miss Anne - going to miss seeing Chelsey and Jarod's baby - and Miss Anne, god love Miss Anne! - and Roy and Gina! - and MikeL!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:06 pm 
Forum Support

Oh no! That stinks! I thought it was doing good in the ratings. Should have known something was up with the lack of episode replays. No marathon before the finale either. :(

Yeah I didn't like the pranking thing either between the two parks.

Mike L is going to have to keep us updated on the cast.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:07 pm 

I'm aware of what's going on - and it's actually rather interesting. I won't comment any more other than what I put up on my own Facebook fan page: "Stay patient - and stay tuned". :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/MyrtleManorMike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:03 pm 
Forum Support

Do we need to email anyone Mike? Post on the TLC facebook page? If not, I will patiently wait.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:04 pm 

I just liked ya, Mike...I didn't know you had a page! Cool!

This was on the MM facebook page:

OK fans, here is what we know for now. TLC has put filming on hold for now. We haven't been cancelled.
Please go to TLC's FB page & website and let them know you want us back. We appreciate your support!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:34 pm 

I'm guilty of watching Party Down South instead of Myrtle Manor this year. I know that most of reality TV is scripted, but MM was way too obvious with it this season. The trailer park rival, blue dye in pool, race against the other owner etc... was just too obvious that it was all planned out for TV. Hopefully if they get another shot, they will try a little less when coming up with a plot if that makes any sense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:09 am 

missingthebeach wrote:
Do we need to email anyone Mike? Post on the TLC facebook page? If not, I will patiently wait.

The network is getting SLAMMED with messages - check them out. Please add yours.

I've posted the following on my own Facebook fan page, the Myrtle Manor main fan page, and on various cast members' Facebook pages:

------------------------------------------

Here is the link to TLC's Facebook page - please take a minute to like it and post that you want to see Welcome to Myrtle Manor renewed for a Season 3, and a brief comment why!

https://www.facebook.com/TLC?fref=ts

Another way to request a Season 3 of Welcome to Myrtle Manor:
Go to the “Viewer Relations” page for the network’s parent site, the input form will display. Be sure to select "Network/Program Related" and include in your comments that your input and request is about "Welcome to Myrtle Manor".

http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/ ... relations/

------------------------------------------

NOTE: I also posted the following -

"Yes, PLEASE: Be nice - "Mind Your Myrtle Manor Manners!" (my quote :lol: ) - and don't trash TLC's other shows when you comment to the network..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:31 pm 
Forum Support

For the most part people are being civil on the TLC facebook page. I've been posting a new times and liking other peoples comments. Great turnout of support for the show I think.

Mike - Have you had Amanda's jams yet?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:45 am 

missingthebeach wrote:
For the most part people are being civil on the TLC facebook page. I've been posting a new times and liking other peoples comments. Great turnout of support for the show I think.

Yep. By the way, as far as advising to be civil in their posts and other input to the network and its parent corporation (mostly to not make negative remarks in turn about other shows on the network) - the request I've been posting on my fan page is: "Mind your Myrtle Manor MANNERS!"

missingthebeach wrote:
Mike - Have you had Amanda's jams yet?

No, I got tied up with a doctor appointment yesterday and just missed meeting up with her - but I'll see her and am getting some this afternoon instead...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:00 pm 

I happen to agree that I think last season of MM seamed to scripter, but I watched all, but two episodes. Once I leaned the PDS came on again at 11pm in our area, I was able to watch both. I would hate to see the show go.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:00 pm 
Forum Support

Chelsey posted today that they left for ohio. Posted a cute pic of herself, Jarod and the dog. Wow is the dog big now!