Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:21 pm 

and we still have 2.5 more months to go! It's getting closer though! :) The weather the last couple days makes me long for spring, it was 62 degrees today.
We are still having issues with where to stay, so that will keep me busy over the next few weeks until the cold weather is gone for good!

~Kari~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Kari, I hope you will get it all worked out about where you stay. I think this will be a good year for Myrtle Beach due to all the bad weather up north.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:54 pm 

I've got an internal calendar it seems. Like clockwork, middle of February, the spring break fever hits me.

I'm trying to suppress it, but that's not working too well.

The new background I just put up on my laptop of the beach filled with swimmers and sunners and walkers and all in front of a bunch of hotels at the south end probably isn't helping too much.

7 weeks.

1993 Beach Cove
2001 Compass Cove
2002 Coral Beach
2003 Sand Dunes
2004 Long Bay
2005 Long Bay
2007 Ocean Reef
2008 Long Bay
2009 Island Vista
2010 Island Vista
2012 Paradise Resort
2014 Hampton Inn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:22 am 

Since we started staying in August rather than May or June, my beach fever has been suppressed until just a few weeks before the vacation. Spring and summer have been much more enjoyable at home as well. It used to be that my Myrtle Beach vacation was the highlight of the season and there was nothing left to look forward to after it was over. No local activities could satisfy me after returning home from MB. But the August trips have left me enjoying life at home. It's now how I end my summer and it's fabulous! It's icing on the cake.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:22 pm 

phroggy wrote:
Since we started staying in August rather than May or June, my beach fever has been suppressed until just a few weeks before the vacation. Spring and summer have been much more enjoyable at home as well. It used to be that my Myrtle Beach vacation was the highlight of the season and there was nothing left to look forward to after it was over. No local activities could satisfy me after returning home from MB. But the August trips have left me enjoying life at home. It's now how I end my summer and it's fabulous! It's icing on the cake.

We think exact opposite. Myrtle gives us something to look forward to during the dragging out crappy weather of February and March and the rains of April. Then after the trip, we have all summer to enjoy at home swimming in the pool, getting ready to eat from the garden, and doing some cycling, my new found exercise hobby.

Speaking of eating from the garden, the early summer Myrtle trip is important because we would have just planted a week or two ago, then on the way home from Myrtle we stop and top off the back of the car with produce from the stands. We don't see that stuff until at least the end of July and usually not until well into August. South Carolina fruit and veggies just 2 weeks into June is fabulous! :D

Unfortunately, because of the cycling, there won't be a Myrtle Beach trip report this year. Need a nice bike to ride.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:51 pm 

I also like the earlier vacation dates. We used to go in late July and switched to late June the past eight or ten years. Unfortunately we are going to be going in late July again this year due to mom having surgery in June. Anyway, it seemed as though we were wishing our summer away waiting on the late July vacations. The whole summer was spent counting down the weeks until vacation, and after that was over it was time for schools to start back in Kentucky. I hate that the schools here start the first week in August. It's not like it used to be when schools didn't start back until after Labor Day. That may have something to do with why I enjoy the June vacation so much better.

This is about the time when my MB fever kicks into high gear also. I guess with the last two days being in the 60's I figure out real quick why I hate winter so much. Unfortunately, the long range forecast is saying winter is not going to leave without a fight. Looked at a map today that shows 2/3 of the United States being below normal through mid-April.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:03 pm 

We used to go in May and then in sept. But now we
Only go in sept for our anniversary. We wanted to go to a few other places with our kids, but, no matter where we go , it just isn't MB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:45 pm 

We've always gone in September and it's just so far into summer! I find myself wishing away the entire summer to go on vacation! It'd be nice and different to see what a much earlier vacation would be like! Unfortunatley not getting there this year, and not sure we will next year as my mom is talking about a family vacation to Disney World.

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!