Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:09 pm 

Mike that video had me in tears for many reasons!

I have a picture of a sunrise that I took on my desk at work. At home there are jars of shells we have collected on our many trips and a bottle of sharks teeth too.

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:24 pm 

I didn't mean to sabotage Emmy's thread with my skinny dress comment :roll: and I feel that you all are very sweet. There are so many people out there that deal with the same issues I do and I feel that I must share just a little. For the record I have never been skinny a day in my life. :lol: I have a food addiction and was obese for over 20 years of my adult life. Five years ago I lost 75 pounds and it is a daily struggle for me to keep that 75 pounds off. If I just let myself be happy and not worry about the weight it would be back on in the blink of any eye and I would once again have high blood pressure. It has to be a daily fight for me. Not just because I want to be a certain size, but because I want to be fit and healthy. Just to prove my point I am up 10 pounds since July. Everyone has a weight that they feel good at and mine is a long way from being skinny. I never once fell in the weight range chart at Weight Watchers.....Would I love to be in a skinny dress at my son's wedding? Heck Yes! I am not ashamed of that. I was the fat mom in every one of Ryan's pictures growing up and I am ashamed of that. Will the skinny dress happen? Very doubtful and that is ok. However, it is healthy for me to strive and set goals. That motivates me.

Now let's get back to Emmy's thread :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:57 pm 

Yet another sunrise here, can I post it? This would be the background on my public area computer at work.

My laptop in my office gets turned on about every 6 months as I'm never in my office. So, it still has a sunset image with my car silhouetted from about 3 years ago, no Myrtle Beach picture.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Wow! What a beautiful sunrise!

It's off-season, so anything goes now. We have several months before I crack the whip about staying on topic! :whip2: :clown:

Deanna, I can understand now where you're coming from. Thanks for taking the time to explain and for being so frank. We inherit so much from our parents, but only we have control over our own bodies. That takes discipline...it doesn't "just happen." Hang in there, gal. I think you look terrific!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:11 am 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
patrish wrote:
Wow! What a beautiful sunrise!

Deanna, I can understand now where you're coming from. Thanks for taking the time to explain and for being so frank. We inherit so much from our parents, but only we have control over our own bodies. That takes discipline...it doesn't "just happen." Hang in there, gal. I think you look terrific!

Deanna,
I am in total agreement with Patricia, and wish to thank you for sharing your story with us. You have all my encouragement and support.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:31 pm 

I have a picture of Rich and me that was taken with us sitting with one of the BIG tigers at Barefoot landing in 2005. It is by our computer, and I have one pic taken this year with us with a 3 month old tiger. They no longer use the BIG tigers.

And Deanna, about the weight thing, if you look at a BMI chart, which is body mass index, I am considered morbidly obese. HaHa!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:55 pm 

Very nice sunrise

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 am 

Hi Christine, I just want to make mention that the SC State Logo, which is the number one sold and recognized in the Country, which shows a palm tree and crescent, the crescent is not the moon.

There is much debate as to where and why it was choosen, yet all agree that the gorgen was a piece of armour that protected the neck area, it was also used by Military officers in SC dating back to the 1700's as an emblem worn around their necks on a chain.

It was later moved during the mid to late 1700's to a medal worn on their hat, at the time the points always faced up, as would have been worn around the neck.

On the flags of the time, there were up to 3 crescents on a flag, in the early 20th
century the SC flag was updated and the crescent was at that time turned on the angle we see today.

And now you know almost the rest of the story :)

High of only 69 today and I'm off for the North End Leadership Meeting at Ocean Creek Resort this morning.

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 am 

Hi Christine, I just want to make mention that the SC State Logo, which is the number one sold and recognized in the Country, which shows a palm tree and crescent, the crescent is not the moon.

There is much debate as to where and why it was choosen, yet all agree that the gorgen was a piece of armour that protected the neck area, it was also used by Military officers in SC dating back to the 1700's as an emblem worn around their necks on a chain.

It was later moved during the mid to late 1700's to a medal worn on their hat, at the time the points always faced up, as would have been worn around the neck.

On the flags of the time, there were up to 3 crescents on a flag, in the early 20th
century the SC flag was updated and the crescent was at that time turned on the angle we see today.

And now you know almost the rest of the story :)

High of only 69 today and I'm off for the North End Leadership Meeting at Ocean Creek Resort this morning.

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:11 am 

My history lesson for the day. And I got to enjoy it twice!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:43 pm 

Christine wrote:
...And I got to enjoy it twice!

It's the echo here... :bootyshake:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:50 am 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
Christine wrote:
My history lesson for the day. And I got to enjoy it twice!

:ac41[1]:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:00 pm 

For several years, every time we would shop at Callanhan's of Calabash, I would admire a print of the coastline with a poem entitled "The Grand Strand". One year, my mother bought it (unknown to me) and gave it to me for Christmas. It is a very cherished possession and hangs above my fireplace where I see it every day. The name on the print is Terry A. Moore but I'm not sure if he is the author, illustrator, or both. The poem always chokes me up...here goes...

The sun rides in from out the east on his sojourn cross the sky,
As the mist of mornings veil retreats, blue Atlantic shows her eye.
Grey-bearded oaks with deep creased skin and ancient, silent ways
stretch out their arms to heaven's dome, to greet the new dawn's day.
This is a land where history speaks, of glories past and new,
and legends still flow long and deep from rivers winding true.
Tis here the "grey man" walked the beach, to warn of fates cold hand,
and Theodosia lost long away at sea, yearned ever for these sands.

And black Maria's tireless song, echoes to the shore,
as Alice searched a century on, for the ring she never wore,
and here the gulls to wing go sail, and marsh hawks swirl and glide,
above the swashes swirling spells, for Blackbeard's jewels still hide.

This is a place, much more than just, a bridge of sand and sea,
that pulls you in and seals your heart into her destiny.
For the sun shall never rise again, nor the moon on ocean's glow,
that you shall not recall the gifts she gave you long ago.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:26 pm 
Site Admin

Oh....that is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:28 pm 

This is my wallpaper for my computer and my phone. Took this in April in Cherry Grove. Miss it!

~Kari~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next