Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let's Have Some Fun!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:52 pm 

OK...The board is pretty quiet so we can relax and share some fun!

What do you have in your home/car/office that you see EVERY day that reminds you of your beloved Myrtle Beach? I'll start. I have the wind chimes Paul made me last Christmas that hang by my fireplace all year. He made it from the shells we collected on the beach the previous summer! I not only see it as a labor of love but of the memories of MB!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:30 pm 

A picture I took and it the lock screen on my phone.
I see it every time I use my phone.

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:56 am 

The myrtle beach message board is added to my favorites across the top of my laptop, and I see it every time I open my laptop..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:27 am 

Right above my computer at work hanging on my Pod wall is a picture of my wife, kids and me at the beach last year. We had beach portraits done and took one of the photos to costco and they put it on canvas. The good news is that its a beautiful picture our family at the beach, the bad news is it's hanging on my flipping wall at work. It does make the workday a little less miserable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:01 pm 

When I look out any of my windows here at the house - I see Myrtle Beach.

When I look out any of my car windows - I see Myrtle Beach.

When I click on the very first bookmark on my computer - I see this video (which is NOT Myrtle Beach):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:12 pm 

Mike, that seriously has to be the WORST, most DEPRESSING, ANXIETY causing video I have EVER seen in my entire life... :shock: :shock:

Oh yeah, thanks for sharing :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:36 pm 

Sun n' Fun wrote:
Mike, that seriously has to be the WORST, most DEPRESSING, ANXIETY causing video I have EVER seen in my entire life... :shock: :shock:

Oh yeah, thanks for sharing :roll:

Well, that video reminds me of...

...why I LIVE in Myrtle Beach. :bootyshake:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:53 pm 

:ac41[1]: LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:31 am 

Let's see here... I have a jar of sand and sea shells from my very first MB trip ever (Honeymoon 2007) - it's still perfectly placed in the jar as when we have moved, I carried it on my lap in the car to our house haha). I have pictures up in our bedroom, living room and on the refrigerator from various trips. I have pictures up at work. the MBMB link is a favorites at the top of my laptop and on my phone. The first picture that shows on my laptop when entering my password is of MB. The calendar in the kitchen is made up of all MB vacation pictures from Nolan's first visit there in 2012. AND my car has a small decal in one of the windows of the palmetto tree and crescent moon :sunny:

Sounds like I have tons of reminders all over... now where can I fit in the next one? haha. Saw some snow flakes this morning so missing the beach more than ever today again. I so hope we can come visit this coming summer if money will allow. It would be so neat to introduce Morgan (new baby girl! :love1: ) to the beach!

I'm looking forward to decorating my Christmas tree this year. When we stopped at a garage sale this summer to look at kid toys, I randomly came across someone selling a Christmas tree ornament, still in the original box that is navy blue with the palmetto tree and crescent moon on it - clearly I bought it. Who doesn't need a little MB,SC reminder on their Christmas tree!? :tongue3:

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:00 pm 

I am kinda embarrassed by my answer, but here goes. I keep every coupon book they make for Myrtle Beach and bring them home with me. Where do I keep them? I am glad you asked. The bathroom! I do my best reading in that room :oops: and I look through those books religiously. If Patrish revokes my membership card to this board, I blame you, Emmy. :smash[1]: You asked, I answered! Great topic! We need more of these to get us through the winter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:12 pm 

TarHeelboy wrote:
If Patrish revokes my membership card to this board, I blame you, Emmy. :smash[1]: You asked, I answered! Great topic! We need more of these to get us through the winter.

LOL! I will stick up for you, not to worry :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:37 pm 

I'm kind of slacking I guess. Outside of the daily visit to this message board, we don't have anything lying around with MB on it. My little one did pack down a bucket of shells the other day from her brothers room. She would pull each one out and ask where they came from. Of course each reply was Myrtle Beach. For the next two days she telling everyone she saw that she was going to MB. Wish we didn't have to wait until June to take her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:10 pm 

Well, let's see...at school I have shells on top of my computer...I have a framed Surfside Beach postcard...that I just really like...i have 2 beach type necklaces...one of a palmetto tree...one with a flip flop...I, also, have an OSU flip flop necklace...I have the crescent moon/palmetto tree decal in my rear car window...I have a variety of school appropriate beach t shirts and hoodies that i am able to wear on dress down Fridays...hmmm...we have a few beachy pictures in the house...my Yankee Candles..all have beach scents...little reminders are everywhere...love it...and yes we keep beach reading ads in the bathroom as well...LOL...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:04 pm 

Our den, which has an ocean theme. Shells of all kind (most found here), pictures of all things ocean and a giant seahorse ornament (for lack of a better term) hanging on the wall.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:11 am 

When back in New Jersey, every time I go into the garage to get my car I see this sign. I purchased it many years ago when they still had the City of Myrtle Beach store at Broadway at the Beach. I also have a coffee cup from that store.