Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:12 pm 

Please forgive this off topic post BUT we really need some help. Our lawn maintenance man has not mowed our grass since Aug. 28. He is supposed to mow it every other week. When we called him saying that we hadn't received a bill for Sept. he told us he hasn't mowed since that last time in Aug. because it didn't need mowing :shock: :shock: :shock:

He said the lawn "didn't look" that bad when he passed by our home so he hasn't done it!! He said he was going to mow next week! Again :shock: :shock: :shock:

So my question is...How often do you all mow your lawn or have it mowed? I have a friend going to our home today to actually check our grass. We are 800 miles away and really don't need our home looking "unlived in." Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:08 pm 

Surely a local will chime in, however Myrtle Beach weather and Tennessee weather are pretty much the same. This past month we have been mowing every week and a half. We were shocked when we came home this past weekend and our grass didn't look all that bad. I can't imagine going a month though. It has to be looking shabby and unkept by now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:02 pm 

Our grass at home hasn't grown as fast in the last month as it did during the summer. Even with rain I've been going two weeks between cuts.

One way to look at it. Sounds like your guy is honest. He could have been skipping your grass but billing you. How would you know otherwise? He's honest enough to bill only for the work done.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

Wally is in charge of this subject, so I had to wait until he got home to ask. He said he mows about every 2 weeks because we have not had a lot of rain. But he has to mow more often if it rains.

Agree with Alan....at least the guy is being honest with you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:50 pm 

Thanks for the info. A friend stopped by our home today and took pics of our yard and emailed them to us. We will be finding a new lawn man for spring :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:40 am 

Hmmm.... maybe an exterior webcam is in order ? How much fun would that be..... "Honey, why are you on the computer so long ?" "I'm just watching the grass grow". :lol:

Geez.... even watching the grass grow in Myrtle Beach is funner than (fill in the blank)