Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:52 pm 

My mom and I have been discussing our trip at great length since we've been back. There are a lot of things we planned to do this year that we didn't get around to doing, or didn't make time for. It got me thinking! What would you like to do on next years trip that you always say you're going to do? Or even something you've thought of since you've been back that you've never thought of before?

My list:
- Meetup! With this year being our honeymoon, we just didn't have time to initiate one, but next year I truly hope that we can meet up with everyone who may be down at the same time!

-Walks on the beach. I said this year several times that I was going to walk down to the pier and back, but I just never found the time. Next year I want to make sure I get at least one walk in on the beach and look for shells.

-Beach at night. We always talk about taking our chairs down to the beach at night and hang out but we never did this either. We made it out to the deck, but never beyond that.

-More lunches out and evenings on the beach- We always beach all day and pack up JUST at the perfect time of day to be on the beach. Next year, i'd like to go out for more lunches (cheaper anyway!) and stay on the beach in the most beautiful time of day...sunset!

-Eat at ALL new places! I tend to keep going to my favorites over and over again and never go to new/ different places. My goal next year is to go to all new places that i've never been before! This year for the first time I did NOT go to PIT, or margaritaville. Oddly enough, I didn't miss either one.

So what are yours??

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:52 pm 

EAT DINNER IN MORE!!

After this last trip and the sub-par food at many locations even Paul now agrees a couple meals at the house would be a nice break! I did try this last trip but the guys voted me down. Some of the meals were outstanding, don't get me wrong, but it would have been nice to just eat some dinners in.
We did take-in one night from Boulineau's and that was FANTASTIC! Crispy fried chicken and a huge salad bar salad with all the fixings!

I had wanted to spend longer days at the beach into twilight this past trip as well. We definitely did that so that was one goal met! After 3-4:00 the beach/ocean takes on a whole other feel...paradise like :sunny: Oh wait it's ALWAYS like paradise :geek:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:27 pm 

We didn't even drive down Ocean blvd this year. Only made two abbreviated trips to BATB. I swear I think we got cheated out of some vacation days this year. :BandHead: The closest we made it to downtown MB was a stop at Carolina Roadhouse, and we took Robert Grissom the majority of the way there. I think we got spoiled with going two weeks the year before and didn't realize how little time we had to do these things. Got to at least drive by and look next year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:31 pm 

Ok, here are mine :lol:

1) I didn't watch one sunrise in July. Gotta do that this go around.
2) I also would like to eat at all new places, BUT how can I not eat at Carolina Roadhouse???
3) Would like to take a sunset cruise. Can't seem to find one though :mad:
4) I would like to eat ice cream EVERY night :nanner:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:16 pm 

I'm at the beach now,and I am going to try to see a sunrise this year. TRY I say.I'm a night person.

Try to be on the beach in the evening more instead of going out to dinner at that time.

Deanna mentioned a sunset cruise.... they have some in Georgetown,just search it info will come up. I'd like to do that also.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:47 pm 

I will join the ranks of those wanting to spend more late afternoon into evening time at the beach...we have been in the "out all day" group for far to long! :lol:

We did say we were going to eat at as many small, local places as we could...and we did...a lot of that...more than ever before...we had several simple bt yummy, satisfying meals.I always say i want to go to one of the state parks for a day...not happened yet...2/3 yrs ago we did get to Brookgreen Gardens(which we enjoyed)...but did not go to the beach there...still want to do that!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:55 am 

Completely unplug. No iPad, no cell phone, no computer... JUST SIMPLY VACATION!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:37 am 

Yes ladies a sunset cruise for up to 6 members of the family or friends, or just the 2 of you enjoying the slapping of the hull against the water and the wind wisping through your hair.

A glass of wine, some cheese and the sun setting on the 42' Dream Merchant, yes ma'am another "nothing could be finer in Carolina" few hours.

http://www.wallacesailingcharters.com/

Discounts may be found on-line with a quick search.

Gary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:56 pm 

Thanks, Gary! Checking it out!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:27 am 

Sun n' Fun wrote:
EAT DINNER IN MORE!!

After this last trip and the sub-par food at many locations even Paul now agrees a couple meals at the house would be a nice break! I did try this last trip but the guys voted me down. Some of the meals were outstanding, don't get me wrong, but it would have been nice to just eat some dinners in.
We did take-in one night from Boulineau's and that was FANTASTIC! Crispy fried chicken and a huge salad bar salad with all the fixings!

I had wanted to spend longer days at the beach into twilight this past trip as well. We definitely did that so that was one goal met! After 3-4:00 the beach/ocean takes on a whole other feel...paradise like :sunny: Oh wait it's ALWAYS like paradise :geek:

I have to agree Emmy! All my meals this year were alright, but nothing was really fantastic! I like the going out at night thing to break up the day a bit, but I really cherish my time on the beach! I hope we both get more meals in and beach time next year!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:28 am 

Deanna wrote:
Ok, here are mine :lol:

1) I didn't watch one sunrise in July. Gotta do that this go around.
2) I also would like to eat at all new places, BUT how can I not eat at Carolina Roadhouse???
3) Would like to take a sunset cruise. Can't seem to find one though :mad:
4) I would like to eat ice cream EVERY night :nanner:

LOL Deanna! I love your list! I have to agree on the ice cream!!! =]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:30 am 

phroggy wrote:
Completely unplug. No iPad, no cell phone, no computer... JUST SIMPLY VACATION!!

Agree with this too. This year I didn't touch my cell phone until dinner time, and even then it was only to take pics. I only turned the laptop on once and the wifi sucekd so bad that I never turned it on again. I love not messing with my phone when i'm on vacation.