All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:43 pm 

http://www.wrbl.com/story/23239277/14-f ... rtle-beach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:57 pm 

"We're gonna need a bigger boat"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:23 pm 

:ac41[1]:
Good one, Bill!

I'm sorry, but lassoing a shark & dragging it backwards until it drowns is not "catching" a fish to me. :BandHead: Call me crazy, but it just doesn't sound very sporting to me. :dontknow: And yes, we both love to fish... the traditional way, that is. :tongue3:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Last week our grandson (age 5) was here, and I can assure y'all that he is the only person who can convince me to brave the waves. While we were in the ocean, and sometimes getting struck by waves above our heads, we spotted a shark out there that could be viewed clearly by both of us. Kenan said "Oh look, look, it's a shark." I said "Let's back out of the waves onto the shore" which we did.

It's funny (funny strange, not funny ha-ha) that I never gave much thought to swimming in the ocean until I started this message board back in 2002. Now, thanks to y'all, I've learned about sand fleas, jelly fish bites, shark attacks, stingrays and dead rats washing up on the shore. I won't even get into orange lights from alien space ships. All this, thanks to our loyal members! (Hey! I love you guys!)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:55 pm 

I feel very safe sitting on the balcony and watching the waves from there. If I want to get wet, there's a shower in the room and for a real adventure, I'll go to the pool.

In the 9 years I've been travelling down, I've been in the pool 3 times and the ocean twice. :nanner:

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:54 pm 

I love riding the waves in the ocean, but after we saw the shark at the 2nd ave pier last year (he was big) I am kinda getting afraid :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:22 pm 

I am a wave watcher not a wave rider! My sister felt something big brush against her leg this summer...she was out ASAP!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:33 pm 

Yep, I'm perfectly fine about ankle deep or sitting in a chair at the edge of the tide line. :cool:

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:13 pm 

Our first trip to the ocean when I was just 3 years old in 1975 (Obviously I don't remember this, going by what Mom and Dad say) we went to the movie theater. Guess what we saw.... yup. I don't actually know what I did, they had friends who lived outside of Ocean City, perhaps they were babysitting me, I don't know.

But to this day, I love the ocean and love swimming in it. I said it in my trip report from 2010, which was my first trip to Myrtle with my own family, we stepped on the beach and I walked straight into the ocean and didn't come back in for hours.

Every year my wife complains about me recording on the DVR. Why is that? Because I have to make sure I get every single show during Shark Week. I watch them all, and record even the ones from previous years and watch them. I still have now halfway through September, I think 2 shark shows that I have to watch on the DVR.

All I wanted to do was hang out on the end of the 2nd Ave. Pier and see a shark. Someone spotted one out in the water. It was probably no more than 20 feet away from 3 swimmers that were out away from the pier.

Leading up to our trip this year I constantly checked the Ocearch Global Shark Tracker multiple times a day to see where Mary Lee, Genie, and Lydia, the 3 great white sharks tagged in the Atlantic shores, are.

I love sharks. They are absolutely fascinating. I would love to see one, maybe not a tiger or great white of course, but love to see one while I was out in the water.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Have you seen the sharks at Ripley's Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach? I took these through the overhead tunnel.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:09 pm 

Great Shots! I am sure those teeth will be in the back of my mind 11 days from now :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:38 am 

Me too Deana! :ohnoes:

Vacation pics 2014