Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: End of summer folks?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:55 pm 

sandym718 wrote:
We finally booked something!! We'll be in MB August 12-17, at Ocean Creek again. everything was up in the air for so long, I've never done anything this "last minute" (for me it is). We have a cabin in Maggie Valley, NC for the 9th-12th. The kids wanted to camp and that's the best I can do for anything longer than a night, LOL. 2 BR, 2 BA cabin with hot tub! Then we'll drive over for 5 nights in MB before going home. School starts on the 21st for my kiddos so that's it for summer for us!

That sounds like a best of both world's vacation!!! Congrats on making the plans!! :hello:

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:58 pm 

patrish wrote:
ScarletBegonias (Brittany, right?) Are you getting married on the beach or in one of the wedding chapels? Will your wedding be just immediate family, or will you have friends here? I can't imagine how excited you must be as the date gets closer!

yes, it is Brittany!! =]

We are actually not able to get married in Myrtle Beach! It was my dream too, but many of our family members did not want to make the long trip, and my grandmother is handicapped, so it was nearly impossible to get her there. So, we are getting married here in Maryland on Friday September 6th, and leaving THAT night for the beach. We will stop half way and get up early and head into MB!

It's a pretty small affair. It'll be less than 40 people in a park up on a mountain that over looks the tri-state area! It's also right on the Appalachian trail which is pretty cool! I'm so excited!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:38 pm 

FallintotheBeach2007 wrote:
So I noticed Spirit was offering cheap flights at the end of October we bit the bullet and me and my mom flew down for a week to stay with my brother who at the time was renting out a two bedroom at Myrtle Beach Resort. It was so nice the first two days then a tropical storm turned it windy and rainy for 2 days then it was just colder out.

I was in MB last year (2nd trip) for the weekend just after the storm too. Flew in Friday and out Monday. we flew US Airways from Buffalo NY through Charlotte. Was just my son and I. Had a great time. No lines ups anywhere and the restaurants were empty. Always the best part of October vacations.

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 pm 

42 days until we leave! I've been sick for almost a week now. I guess it's better now than on my wedding day or vacation, but i'm also training for my first marathon in October, and i've missed a lot of running.. Hope i'm better soon!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hope you will be feeling better soon! You do NOT want to be sick on your wedding day!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:37 pm 

I got 5 long days before our departure...way too long.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:45 am 

We have one month to go before our visit to paradise. Gonna be down the first week in September. I look at my old coupon books just about every day in anticipation. I may have an addiction :dontknow:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:58 am 

budwash435 wrote:
I got 5 long days before our departure...way too long.

I guess you are leaving pretty soon now, huh?! So exciting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:59 am 

patrish wrote:
Hope you will be feeling better soon! You do NOT want to be sick on your wedding day!

I am feeling a lot better now! No, I do not want to be sick on my wedding/honeymoon. Last year I was sick the first couple days in MB. Luckily it was just a sinus thing and I wasn't completely miserable, but I would like to NOT have a repeat this year!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:00 am 

TarHeelboy wrote:
We have one month to go before our visit to paradise. Gonna be down the first week in September. I look at my old coupon books just about every day in anticipation. I may have an addiction :dontknow:

I can relate! We are coming down September 7th-14th. It's getting so close now. It's crazy. I google pictures of MB, and look up pictures on Instagram all the time. I'm so ready to be there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:21 am 

36 days until i'm at the beach!! Pretty soon my ticker will be counting days and not months!!!

My fiance and I are SO looking forward to our honeymoon. We haven't been on vacation since last september when we were in MB. It seems like it was so long ago. I'm excited about staying in a new hotel this year (Coral Beach). We've stayed at the Sea Crest for the past two years, and while I liked it, i'm ready for a change! We walked down to the Coral Beach last summer and I LOVED the layout! I also loved that they had a bunch of bathrooms on the first level! The Sea Crest had ONE bathroom that you could access without going to your room. Needless to say it was always occupied!

I still haven't started thinking about my MB corner! Must do that soon, but that means digging my long sleeves out of the attic (they are in my suitcases) and that just depresses me! I will need to do it soon because I only have 5 weekends until i'm there!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:20 pm 

Last weekend Jodie and I went to “Shag on Sugar” on Sugar Mountain, NC. It was going to be a great day of shagging to Carolina Beach Music in the NC Highlands. Jim Quick and Coastline was slated to play. I had plans to buy their latest CD. We had our dancing shoes and a “Myrtle Beach state of mind.” We had a lovely day driving around the Boone, Linville, and Blowing Rock area, but by the time the concert was supposed to start, an enormous line of storms nearly washed us down the mountain.. We were drenched down to our drawers. We were both disappointed.

Now this would just be a sad story except that on the way back home Jodie said, “Maybe we should just go back to the beach. I have some time off in September.”

Time off in September??? Its kind of last minute, but…. we shall see!!!!!!

Last edited by Bill on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

:nanner:
See you in September:
http://www.thehappenings.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:02 am 

Bill wrote:
Last weekend Jodie and I went to “Shag on Sugar” on Sugar Mountain, NC. It was going to be a great day of shagging to Carolina Beach Music in the NC Highlands. Jim Quick and Coastline was slated to play. I had plans to buy their latest CD. We had our dancing shoes and a “Myrtle Beach state of mind.” We had a lovely day driving around the Boone, Linville, and Blowing Rock area, but by the time the concert was supposed to start, an enormous line of storms nearly washed us down the mountain.. We were drenched down to our drawers. We were both disappointed.

Now this would just be a sad story except that on the way back home Jodie said, “Maybe we should just go back to the beach. I have some time off in September.”

Time off in September??? Its kind of last minute, but…. we shall see!!!!!!

that's great!! I sure hope you get to come! 25 days until we are there!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14 pm 

patrish wrote:
Quote:
See you in September:
http://www.thehappenings.com/

Patrish, I had exactly the same thought!!!! :lol:

It looks like Danny & I may actually be coming down in September! Good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise, we'll be down on September 3 - 8, 2013. Fingers crossed :ohnoes: that all the health issues stay away... I'm soooo ready for the beach! :sunny: Monterey Bay Suites, here we come.... hopefully! :rastanana:

Karen in Upstate SC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next