Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: End of summer folks?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:48 am 

Jan wrote:
We will be there Sept 21-Oct 5th. While not wanting to wish the summer away, I'm starting "glance" at the calendar to see how close we are :wink:

We have never been to MB during peak season, but sure do love Sept/Oct.

We are always there in September! I can't imagine being there during peak when everything is REALLY busy!!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:49 am 

RonPxRonp wrote:
Patti,Jordan,Jonah,and I will be there Aug 14-24th.
The only good thing about this summer flying by is its getting closer to our vacation. Can not wait.

This is very true Ron! Who am I kidding? it's the ONE big thing I'm looking forward too (other than my wedding, of course)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:57 am 

Mz. Kitty wrote:
Kay and I will be there from Sept. 14th thru Oct. 1st. Looking forward to seeing Jan & Mike, Rich & Cathy and I hope Alan and Ruann. Of course, we're also looking forward to seeing all the locals and anybody else who will be there at the same time!

Vicki & Kay

You are arriving the day we are leaving! Oh.. I already don't want to think about leaving.. =(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:06 pm 

ScarletBegonias wrote:

We are always there in September! I can't imagine being there during peak when everything is REALLY busy!!

We can't imagine peak time either. But all the "wish summer away" comments is exactly why we go beginning of June as soon as school is out. That way there is something to look forward to while waiting for school to finish, and then we have the rest of the summer to chill in the pool at home.

Once the kids are grown, my wife and I may plan 2 trips, one in May before it starts to get real hot, then again in Sept/Oct before winter comes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:34 pm 

Mr. Rodgers - My family likes the end of summer because it gives us something to look forward to all summer long. While I do like it this way, it is HARD when everyone else is going on vacation to patiently wait for our trip. My Fiance and I are taking a "day and half trip" as I call it, this weekend to Rehoboth Beach, DE. I really need a beach fix, and MB is just TOO far for a weekend trip.

I just can't wait!!! MD has been in a horrible humidity cloud for weeks now, so i'm kind of over the hot summer weather. haha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:39 pm 

27 days 8 hours 23 minutes until I'm off work but then I have the 20 hour drive to get to the beach with a stop in Polkton NC at my aunts house on the way down. Unless you know of any cool places I need to stop at in between Iowa and the beach?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:42 pm 

Grinch wrote:
27 days 8 hours 23 minutes until I'm off work but then I have the 20 hour drive to get to the beach with a stop in Polkton NC at my aunts house on the way down. Unless you know of any cool places I need to stop at in between Iowa and the beach?

awesome!! Can't wait until I'm just counting days!! The only place we stop is South Of The Border in which is right at the North carolina/South carolina border on I-95. Not sure if you'd see that at all coming from Iowa. People pretty much LOVE it or HATE it. I think it's so cheesy, but cute. We always stop. I guess it's not so much the store, just the thought that we are almost at the beach! This is where get off 95 so it's always a signal that we are getting close!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:05 pm 

We're always a end of summer vacationer. Last year after trying to drive down with 2 dogs and 1 in heat and our Van breaking down we made it to Richmond VA and had to head back to PA the next day, that was hard not making it down. So I noticed Spirit was offering cheap flights at the end of October we bit the bullet and me and my mom flew down for a week to stay with my brother who at the time was renting out a two bedroom at Myrtle Beach Resort. It was so nice the first two days then a tropical storm turned it windy and rainy for 2 days then it was just colder out. But this year my brother bought his first house and we can stay with him possibly for up to a month at his 4 bedroom house in Conway. I am hoping for the month of October I have a few big events at the end of September including a lakeside downhill 5k it will be cool out and it should be beautiful with the fall colors to attend my first 5k. And their is a Zumbathon at Nemacolin Resort here to benefit Breast Cancer charity. So If I can find a cheap flight again that's when we will be down, I am part of the $9 fare club and it ends the end of October so I need to make my flight before then anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm 
Forum Support

This thread kinda makes me sad. The end of Summer is when we normally come, but this year we won't be coming down. I will live vicariously via everyone in this thread. Don't let me down! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:32 pm 

Fallintothebeach- Sounds great that you can stay with your brother this year!

missingthebeach- i'm so sorry you can't make it this year! I can't imagine not being able to make it. It'd ruin my whole summer!!

46 days until the wedding and 47 days until my feet are in the sand! I absolutley cannot wait! Once August hits, it's coming quick!

Still haven't started my MB pile yet, I still feel like it's a little too far for that, but I guess soon, I should dig out my luggage from the attic! :nanner:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:21 pm 
Forum Support

ScarletBegonias wrote:

missingthebeach- i'm so sorry you can't make it this year! I can't imagine not being able to make it. It'd ruin my whole summer!!

Aww thanks! :beerchug:

Well I am going to the beach, but just not Myrtle Beach. We are heading to Florida this year. It's nice, but its not Myrtle. It's not my choice, so I am a little annoyed/bitter. I should just be grateful I get to go somewhere this year and focus on coming back in 2014. :sunny:

Quote:
I still feel like it's a little too far for that, but I guess soon, I should dig out my luggage from the attic!

It's never too early IMO. Just start packing and put it all in the corner somewhere. It's what I do, so I don't forget things. I also find if I wait, time gets away from me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:40 pm 

Well at least it's a beach and not another destination or not going anywhere. For me a beach promotes relaxation and is stress reducing. Just laying or sitting out on the beach listening to the waves roll in, swimming everyday in the pool, waking up and walking out on the balcony listening to the waves. Since we are going to be staying in Conway and my brother and niece who LIVE in myrtle beach do not like the beach that much we just will have to make a few trips to the beach even if its the board walk or a pier or a oceanfront restaurant. Got to get my Beach in!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:14 pm 

We finally booked something!! We'll be in MB August 12-17, at Ocean Creek again. everything was up in the air for so long, I've never done anything this "last minute" (for me it is). We have a cabin in Maggie Valley, NC for the 9th-12th. The kids wanted to camp and that's the best I can do for anything longer than a night, LOL. 2 BR, 2 BA cabin with hot tub! Then we'll drive over for 5 nights in MB before going home. School starts on the 21st for my kiddos so that's it for summer for us!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

ScarletBegonias (Brittany, right?) Are you getting married on the beach or in one of the wedding chapels? Will your wedding be just immediate family, or will you have friends here? I can't imagine how excited you must be as the date gets closer!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:54 pm 

missingthebeach wrote:
ScarletBegonias wrote:

Aww thanks! :beerchug:

Well I am going to the beach, but just not Myrtle Beach. We are heading to Florida this year. It's nice, but its not Myrtle. It's not my choice, so I am a little annoyed/bitter. I should just be grateful I get to go somewhere this year and focus on coming back in 2014. :sunny:

Quote:
I still feel like it's a little too far for that, but I guess soon, I should dig out my luggage from the attic!

It's never too early IMO. Just start packing and put it all in the corner somewhere. It's what I do, so I don't forget things. I also find if I wait, time gets away from me.

Gotta say (like Fallintothebeach2007) that atleast you are going to A beach! It's better than nothing at all. I am not a fan of florida. It's SO hot and humid, BUT i've never been to a beach in florida, so I might like it if I were ever to go to one! We took a trip to Ocean City, MD a few weeks ago and it was fun, but we kept saying "it's NOT Myrtle" LOL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next