Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Apology
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:30 am 

I may or may not have offended people with a couple "Buckeye" comments. Few weeks ago Phroggy questioned one and last week I threw one in on a directions thread. The original poster has never responded so I might have run them off. If anything I said was taken wrong I apologize. It was all in fun.

After WW II a lot of people left Kentucky and West Virginia to head north to Michigan and Ohio to work in auto plants and other factories. Mom's side of the family said they studied the three "R's". "Readin', 'ritin'. and RT 21"(now I-77)

Family reunions, holidays, and vacations. The put downs flowed like water. While their hearts were still in the hills, they did adapt to their new surroundings and became.........Buckeyes. Many of us grew up hearing every "dumb hillbilly"" Non drivin' Buckeye" comment possible.

You should hear us at work when drivers pass through. We had a driver transfer in from Toledo. His parents were from here before moving north. Moved home when they retired. Our driver now swears to always being a hillbilly. Was just born in wrong place. The jokes are no more than a Red Sox-Yankee or Ford-Chevy exchange. All fun.

Hey....Few years ago we drove to Columbus and had breakfast with a bunch of Message Board Buckeyes at Hall of Justice. The food was OK.....

Again....I'm sorry if anybody took my comments wrong....

Post subject: Re: Apology
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 pm 

I would hope that nobody took your comment seriously. We've had some playful banter back-and-forth with some of the regulars from Ohio and West Virginia over the years, including me giving Phroggy the business recently for a comment he made about a car or something being "typical" in West Virginia. I assumed he meant the comment as a joke, and I took it that way and responded in a joking fashion.

Everyone on the Fun Beaches forum has been wonderful over the years (unlike other places on the internet where it can get contentious). Let's hope that no one took offense and that the poster just hasn't had a chance to come back to respond. And I thought it was big of you to apologize, whether it was necessary or not. Good folks around here.

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:05 pm 

I'm not one to be easily offended andI expect the same from others. I love giving folks a hard time as taking things too seriously just isn't worth it. as always: CHEERS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

For anyone who has not yet had the chance to meet Alan, I can tell you that he's a loveable West Virginia native (dare I say a marshmallow) who would never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. And if he thought he did, he would be prompt to apologize (as shown above.) So if he posted something that came across the wrong way, I missed it. Or I thought it was humorous and went on with my reading.

There are a lot of advantages to our meet-ups, and getting to know each others' personality is high on that list. I am so blessed to have met many of you. This board has gone through some rough times, but we're still the best....and that has hardly anything to do with me. So I'll just grab this moment to say thanks to every single one of you for all you do here! :love1:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:18 pm 

You are very very kind to offer that apology to who ever feels offended by that but
it is all done with nothing but fun and I bet they ran away for other things than that...... :sunny:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:32 pm 

I know Alan. pop 2748

He's very nice and his wife also. He jokes a lot. I love his sense of humor.

I missed the post or didn't think anything about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:18 am 

playful banter is just that ...playful...fun...living on the Ohio -West Virginia border...comments always flow freely between neighbors and co workers...we have so many friends from both sides of the Ohio River...rarely does anyone take this stuff seriously and if they do...it is likely they have not lived here long. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:52 pm 

pop2748 wrote:
I may or may not have offended people with a couple "Buckeye" comments. Few weeks ago Phroggy questioned one and last week I threw one in on a directions thread. The original poster has never responded so I might have run them off. If anything I said was taken wrong I apologize. It was all in fun...

Hopefully, no one DID take offense.

That said, my favorite college football teams are: Penn State, and...

...whoever is playing Ohio State. :bootyshake:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:42 am 

Well, as they say, I'd rather shower at Penn State than cheer for Michigan.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:50 pm 

:ac41[1]: I just spit my pop all over my keyboard. Thanks phroggy!! Hey I am a die hard Buckeye... OSU Alum and my hubby is a huge WVU fan. Should say he is a Bob Huggins fan but he now follows all WVU sports. We hear all the wisecracks...and we can fire some off too. All in good fun! Kind of you to offer an apology, I love the people on this board. Friendliest board I have ever been on. :hello:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:31 pm 

phroggy wrote:
Well, as they say, I'd rather shower at Penn State than cheer for Michigan.

I'm with you phroggy! :chairfall:

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:08 pm 

I have but one thing to say:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:36 pm 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
I saw no offense...but then I am one of the hillbillies from Kentucky! Lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:02 pm 

Like ohiojo I too am on the Ohio w va border. I live In Ohio. But, I was born and bred in Virginia. I have an Alabama friend who insists on calling me half yank