Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Let's Have Some Fun!
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:49 pm 

3 weeks from late this afternoon/early evening we leave.......3 weeks from tomorrow before noon we arrive!!!!!! Usually the first thing we do is walk to ocean and put our feet in but since DIL has never been there we might drive around first (nah, as I write, I've decided I want to put suit on and sit by ocean until check in - there will be plenty of time to drive around!)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:26 pm 

ohiomom57 wrote:
3 weeks from late this afternoon/early evening we leave.......3 weeks from tomorrow before noon we arrive!!!!!! Usually the first thing we do is walk to ocean and put our feet in but since DIL has never been there we might drive around first (nah, as I write, I've decided I want to put suit on and sit by ocean until check in - there will be plenty of time to drive around!)

We will be leaving early Saturday morning the day after you guys do. Hopefully that will put us in MB before lunch time also. Don't want to deal with 501 back up closer to check in. Three weeks to trip and only two weeks until packing and preparing to leave starts. :hello: Lets hope for great weather. Enjoy your trip.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:44 pm 

2 weeks til packing starts??? We won't pack until Thursday, I'll probably repack Thursday night to reduce a bag or 2, lol, and pack the car for 3 am departure Friday morning

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:00 pm 

mrodgers wrote:
2 weeks til packing starts??? We won't pack until Thursday, I'll probably repack Thursday night to reduce a bag or 2, lol, and pack the car for 3 am departure Friday morning

I think we start packing so early to just to drag vacation time out a little longer. To me the pre-trip preparations are part of the mb experience. Everything from getting the car serviced to mowing the yard before we leave are all part of it. These things are done every year to get us ready to pull out for the best week of the year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:12 pm 

Oh my, I can't imagine waiting until the day before to pack!!! I've already putting food in tote to take, beach towels all washed and waiting, have toll road money and housekeeping tip envelopes all ready, etc. In another week or so I'll start sitting clothes aside that I want to take.

Maybe I get a little too excited :cheerleader:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:57 pm 

Well, to be honest, I'm not rolling in money too well. We pack on Thursday because we have to do a late final laundry wash to wash the clothes we are wearing that day to pack them, lol.

It is over 100° at work (been relatively cool actually, normally 115° by this time of year) and I'm not wearing a pair of jeans at work Thursday just so I can pack the shorts up early :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:26 pm 

I'm the same way. The week leading up to departure is just as exciting! Packing clothes, cleaning the house, getting my work cleaned up at my job. This year will be WAY busier, as we are getting married the day before we head to MB, so packing will probably happen a week or so earlier than it normally does.

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!