Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let's Have Some Fun!
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:55 am 

How many days (Sleeps at our house :lol: ) until you are in Myrtle Beach and what is the first exciting thing you plan to do when you get there?

I woke up this morning with only 49 days left :nanner: :nanner: When you get under 50 days it is time to start counting down every single day. Don't get me wrong we have watching the calendar for months, however now every time I see a member of my family they are always talking about the beach. CAN'T WAIT.

The first thing I can't wait to do it is put my toes in the sand. That first touch of the sand is something I wait all year for. Priceless!

Post subject: Re: Let's Have Some Fun!
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:19 pm 

3 weeks from today! I usually just stay with my parents though. :nanner:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:01 pm 

Two weeks from tomorrow!!

The first thing we have to do is see the ocean (after getting the darn water started at the house)!! I just stand there staring out, like it's my very first time seeing it. It never ceases to awe me with it's beauty!! Oh, and the smell! Can not forget how I love standing there breathing that salty sweet air in and out...

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:38 pm 

29 days until we arrive. We usually just look at the ocean. This year we will be there early in the morning, so will have to wait for room to be ready. We most likely will drive down to the pavilion area webcam, and wave to a friend in the UK.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:40 pm 

I think when I looked this morning, it was around 35 days until we leave. Took another page off the countdown calendar this morning, so I know the trip is getting close. I put the countdown on the fridge with around 130 days on it and time has went by fast. The first thing we will do is eat at a beach themed restaurant and walk around BATB a few times while we wait on the room to get ready.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:28 am 

We're sitting at 89 days until we leave home as of this morning. Oceanfront bar. Beer in hand. Enough said.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:41 am 

100+

Not until October :???:

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:25 pm 

We are 50+ days out. First thing I do is hit the store after unloading the car. We are usually able to get early check-in so while my wife tends to the kids, I go to the store to get food and supplies before it gets really busy. Made the mistake of going late once, never again. Then its off to the beach for a walk or hit the pool for some late swimming.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:03 pm 

69 days...first thing...stand and watch the waves roll in...so calming...the world is right :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:54 pm 

Deanna wrote:
How many days (Sleeps at our house :lol: ) until you are in Myrtle Beach

Made me laugh when I saw the "sleeps" comment. We usually count our events down in "get ups". Right now we have 5 more "get ups" until summer vacation begins. After that all the countdown will focus on "get ups" until MB. :nanner:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:13 am 

We've always said how many "sleeps" as well. We didn't get to go to the beach last year after going twice in 2012. We made our reservations last May for the month of September this year. We've talked and planned and dreamed of the beach for the past year. Sadly, I decided to go ahead and cancel 2wks. Ago so the condo owner would have as much time as possible to rebook it. Both of my parents are very ill and I have just had a major surgery. So I check the message board every night looking for new trip reports. I will enjoy those so much as usual as we will look forward to a trip to Myrtle Beach hopefully next year. I hope everyone has the best vacation ever! :sunny:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:31 am 

KYWoman wrote:
We've always said how many "sleeps" as well. We didn't get to go to the beach last year after going twice in 2012. We made our reservations last May for the month of September this year. We've talked and planned and dreamed of the beach for the past year. Sadly, I decided to go ahead and cancel 2wks. Ago so the condo owner would have as much time as possible to rebook it. Both of my parents are very ill and I have just had a major surgery. So I check the message board every night looking for new trip reports. I will enjoy those so much as usual as we will look forward to a trip to Myrtle Beach hopefully next year. I hope everyone has the best vacation ever! :sunny:

Sorry to hear you can't make it.

18 days (or sleeps) to go for us!

First semi-exciting thing we do is order a pizza since it will be dinner time and sit out on the balcony overlooking the ocean waves and eat. This is the moment we make it to the room. Unpack while waiting for pizza after taking a first look at the ocean from the balcony.

First real exciting thing we do is head straight to the beach as we are chewing our last bite of pizza :mrgreen:

Actually, that is all we do, sit at the beach or swim in the pool aside from going to dinner every night. This is pretty much my itinerary for each night....

- Wake up
    - Watch the sunrise either on the beach or on the balcony
    - Back to the room to check if everyone else is up yet
    - Hang out on the balcony because no one else will be up yet, LOL
    - Down to the beach around 9 am
    - Lunch on the balcony
    - Beach again
    - Take an hour for the kids to swim in the pool
    - Shower
    - Dinner in either Murrells Inlet or Pawleys Island
    - Check out some shops but rarely buy anything, we aren't souvenir people
    - Another hour in the pool
    - Back on the beach to walk
    - Balcony having a drink while kids veg in front of the TV
    - Bed
    - Back up at 5 am after about 4 hours sleep to do it all over again

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:23 am 

We've got 75 days until we depart.

We started a new tradition about 5 years ago. Since we arrive on Sunday, we've started attending church as soon as we get to town and then head to lunch after that before checking in to the hotel. It's nice to visit other congregations, and we've found that it is an awesome way to get your mind ready for a relaxing vacation. So, that's the first thing we do when arriving at Myrtle Beach... attend a service at St. Philip Lutheran Church or King of Glory Lutheran in North Myrtle.

Scott

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:39 am 

109 Days!! We usually get there before check in so we stop at the playground and let my grandson stretch his legs after the long car ride and then we go to lunch at River City Cafe in Surfside.
Angela

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:34 pm 

87 days and we leave the house at 3am.14 hrs later and we will be at the hotel.
We usually get the luggage cart and bring everything in.Then its outside on the patio to look at the ocean and breath in the air.
After we unpack its either to Kroegers for food or we walk around the resort and just take it all in.