Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where is Spring????
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:23 pm 

Okay, it has now been snowing for the last two hours. This is bad even for here! Where is Spring?

Post subject: Re: Where is Spring????
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm 

That stinks. We're finally having a glorious spring here in the mountains of West Virginia. Dogwoods and redbuds blooming, along with the Daffodils and Tulips. Prettiest time of the year here. Below is a picture of the Pear Trees on the river trail outside of my office building. It's been great walking out there every day for lunch the past 2 weeks. But we did get snow showers Saturday morning, so we're not totally through with Winter yet, either.

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:40 pm 

It's been snowing in my little part of Michigan all day! Thankfully, not sticking...and thankfully not RAIN! We are flooded from over 9 inches the past two weeks. I've got 5 inches still standing underneath my house in the crawl space I'm having a heck of a time keeping pumped out. We've never had flooding problems in the 14 years I've lived here - there has to be field tiles plugged or something!

Only 3 more weeks 'til we head to MB! :sunny:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:49 pm 

Awwwww! Thanks for posting the picture, Scott. I can almost smell the blossoms. Beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:28 pm 

52 degrees here at 4:30 today. Average temp for this time of year is 71. We have struggled to put more than two good days together all spring. Pattern for April has pretty much been a nice day, followed by decent temps and strong wind, followed by much cooler temps and rain. Then repeat. Can't string together a nice stretch of weather. When will it end?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 am 

No snow, but my car was a block of ice this morning. Nearly ripped the door handle off trying to get in. I don't usually start the car up to warm up but I had to run it this morning for 10 minutes to clear the windshield.