Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sunglasses
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:52 pm 

Bryan loves Oakley sunglasses. I have a cheap pair from Walmart myself, but only because I really need to get some prescription sunglasses and didn't want to spend the $$$ on a pair just to get prescription sunglasses later. I do plan on getting Coach frames for my prescription sunglasses, though, since insurance will cover up to $200 for frames and I recently learned they are $225 at my optometrists office. :nanner: I just have to cover the extra $25 so why not? :hello:

Landmark Resort August 2005
Boardwalk Beach Resort July 2006
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2007, 2008, 2009
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2010
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2011, 2012, 2013
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2014
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2015

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:54 am 

I enjoy free sunglasses as much as possible. My gf actually got me $25 Neff sunglasses last year. That's the most I ever will/did spend on them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:46 am 

Kristi bought me new sunglasses for Christmas. In particular, the pair I was ogling at the Oakley Vault last August. Wiretap with the emerald iridium polarized lenses. I'm spoiled.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:55 am 
Site Admin

What a great gift. She knows you well enough to get yousomething you really wanted. Perfect! You'f better be nice to her! :clown:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

My new Oakleys that were bought in MB last August while on vacation, were stolen out of my vehicle, in my own driveway! Now my vehicle locks automatically when I leave it :smash[1]: ! Only had them a month!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:20 pm 

Billy Gibbons summed it up best for me:

Quote:
the choice is up to you 'cause they come in two classes
Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses

I'm a cheap sunglasses kind o' guy, since I do a lot of boating and the more expensive the sunglasses, the stronger the pull of the sea.... My anchor doesn't sink as fast as a pair of $100 shades. :dontknow: But I have a prescription pair for driving. I fortunately have not had Ron's experience (yet) !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:00 pm 

I have a pair of Oakley's that are used only for driving and in safe conditions only when out of the car. I usually only wear them outside in situations where I know that they will be staying on my head. I wear cheap pairs if I'm out closer to dark or if I know they are going to be on and off quite a bit. Beach time and pool time is almost always cheap pair times.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:46 pm 

I have a pair of Costas that I wear fishing and Oakleys for everyday wear. I check Oakley Vault every now and then because they run some good deals on there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:11 pm 

I can't even begin to tell you how many pairs of expensive sunglasses we have bought between Doug and Ryan :roll: Doug has to have a different pair for golf, mowing the yard, driving, etc. Ryan just loses a pair about twice a year. As a matter of fact Doug and I went to Pigeon Forge last weekend for a little get a way and he came out of the Nike store with a new pair. I just roll my eyes and go on. I have never paid over $20 for mine. My last pair came from TJMaxx.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:42 pm 

I like Oakley's but not many of them fit my giant melon. I own two Gascans, one with Blue Ice lenses and one with Ruby Iridium. Don't like them for driving though, they totally block your peripheral vision.

Also have a pair of Randolph Engineering Concorde's with mirrored lenses and bayonet temples. Good stuff, love aviators.

http://shop.randolphusa.com/concorde-p5303.aspx

Last year I was on a quest to find the best polarized glasses for driving. Seemed like the popular opinion online was that Serengeti made the best...I tried them with the "Driver's lenses" but I couldn't stand the red-ish tint on everything looking out of them. Then I saw Dillon Optics suggested on a car blog I read. They're polarized and have a matte finish to diffuse reflection. Hands down the best sunglasses I've ever worn, awesome for driving and they look good to boot. I have the George with silver lenses, they're pricey but well worth it for driving alone.

http://www.dillonoptics.com/shop/metal- ... -sg-s.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:29 pm 

ya know phroggy,I used to wear Ray Bans and Oakleys,but I would always break them or lose them.So now I just buy the cheap ones in the middle of the mall for $10. They last for about 2 years,and do the job,just fine. I guess Im too careless to have nice things :oops:

Ron