Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:14 am 

Actual Complaints to a Travel Agency :lol:

1."We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."
2."The beach was too sandy."
3."We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."
4."No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."
5."It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."
6."On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."
7."We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
8."It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England . It took the Americans only three hours to get home."
9."I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."
10."The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're trainee hairdressers -- will we be OK staying there?"
11."There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad."
12."We had to queue outside with no air-conditioning."
13."It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
14."I was bitten by a mosquito. No-one said they could bite."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:35 am 
Site Admin

LOLOLOL! Thanks for sharing!

Here are 2 true stories of e-mail I've received.

Someone asked me where they should stay to ensure a balcony view of both the ocean and the mountains.

I received an e-mail from a person who included their bank card information...card type, number and expiration date...to book a room at the Patricia Grand. (The only thing I could figure was that Patricia Grand was on my list of places to stay, and I guess they thought I owned it!)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:44 am 

giggles... wonder what similiar stuff the rest of the gang can come up with??? Btw.. I like your new photo..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:28 pm 

These were too funny :lol:

AND I'm not surprised by these sadly...

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:07 pm 

Yup there are people like that sad to say.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:43 am 

:ac41[1]:

9."I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:21 am 

Guess you'll never hear....

"The weather forecast called for rain showers every day, but it was sunny and perfect 99% of the time !"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:34 pm 

Not dumb comments by travelers but a couple examples of people unable to navigate while traveling.

Couple in convenience store off I 77 in Parkersburg, WV. Looking at map. Mr Nosey asked where they needed to go...........Richmond, VA......Told them quickest and easiest way would be south to Charleston and across I 64.......
No good. They had just driven north from Charleston by accident. Make the trip several times a year between VA and KY but had been so busy talking they missed the turn in Charleston..... An hour and 75 miles later they realized they hadn't passed the Capitol yet......
Not wanting to back track they were going to cross the state on RT 50.........Would have loved to seen their faces when they reached other side........

South bound on I 81. Rest area at VA-TN state line.......Guy gets out of large dually truck towing huge fifth wheel camping trailer.......Walked up to me with map......."Where do we pick up I 77 south towards Charlotte?"............They had passed the interchange 70 miles back........

Son lives in Danville , WEST Virginia....One Sat morning he saw a lost couple with out of state tags........Takes after the old man and asked to help............
Looking for a church.......Name and address didn't add up........
They were supposed to be in Danville, VIRGINIA for their grand daughters wedding........

West Virginia is a small state. Still isn't that easy getting from point A to point B sometimes.........
Dad from Beckley volunteered to drive daughter and friends to Friday night football game at another school. Maybe 60 miles west through the woods on narrow winding roads.
Dad used MapQuest and requested EASIEST route.......60 miles north to Charleston.....Then 60 miles southwest to Logan......Still another 60 miles east through woods from there.......Gametime they were in Logan asking directions( from guess who)........They missed the game...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Funny stories, Alan! :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:23 pm 

oh my gosh! These are all hilarious! Another sad but true and now funny to me situation. When my youngest daughter was in high school their cheerleading squad decided to attend a cheer camp in Hilton Head. Mom's were driving the girls. I am OCD about knowing my itinerary and plan trips, maps, routes, thoroughly. Sometimes I still manage to lose my way but can usually figure things out...(FYI...this was before GPS units were widely used) anyway, we are traveling along and I notice that everyone was following me...we stop at a rest area along I-77 in West Virginia...I ask all why they are just following me...their replies...we have never travelled this far away and do not know how to get to Hilton Head!!! Not a one of them planned ahead...no one even had a map...except for me...I probably had 6 maps with the route carefully plotted because I thought it would be interesting for the girls riding with me to see where we would be going and towns along the way...so the girls with me gave up their maps(which they were looking at, surprisingly for teens). I gave each carload a map. I told them it would be likely that we could be separated from each other at some point along the way and they should know the route. I guess since we as a family have always travelled, it never occurred to me that anyone would set out and not know more than the address of the destination especially when travelling with kids.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:00 am 

thanks for another funny. hope there is more posted on here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:24 am 

My husband would kill me if he knew I was telling this. :lol: We have been coming to Myrtle Beach for how many years now :roll: About 10 years ago Doug and Ryan were in the front seats on our MB journey and I was in the back taking a nap since my head had been hurting. I woke up thinking my goodness we should be going through the mountains by now. Doug and Ryan were having a big time singing in the front seat. So much fun that they went the wrong way at the 40/81 split. When I came out of my slumber we were 10 miles from Bristol instead of Asheville. How on earth do you go that far on the wrong interstate and not realize it. Let me know tell ya how...you are singing the Rolling Stones greatest hits and playing the drums on the steering wheel and you don't have another care in the world because you are on vacation. I just about killed them because you know me there is nothing more important than getting to the beach the fastest way possible. To top it off we stopped and asked the best way to Asheville and the dummy sent us back the way we came instead sending us on I26 (those were the days before Iphones). So the moral to this story I never sleep in the car going to Myrtle Beach because who knows where we would end up. Any other women have that problem?

In Doug's defense he is one the smartest and determined people I know, but have mercy he has no sense of direction.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:13 am 

That is funny but I would feel like you

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 am 

Friend of Mine: We are thinking of going to Myrtle Beach for vacation, how long to get there?
Me: About 10.5 to 12 hours depending on route, stops, and other factors.
Friend: You got to be kidding, who drives that far. It has to be closer.
Me: So what you are telling me is you got an F in Geography??? :notworthy:

He was totally floored that it took that long. I get the impression he does very little traveling.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:44 pm 

Mr. Green wrote:
Friend of Mine: We are thinking of going to Myrtle Beach for vacation, how long to get there?
Me: About 10.5 to 12 hours depending on route, stops, and other factors.
Friend: You got to be kidding, who drives that far. It has to be closer.
Me: So what you are telling me is you got an F in Geography??? :notworthy:

He was totally floored that it took that long. I get the impression he does very little traveling.

I'm floored you say it only takes 10.5-12 hours from Pittsburgh, LOL. Took us 14.5 hours, but we also are about an extra hour north of the Burgh. Traveling south isn't like going east/west on I-80 or the turnpike where you have rest stops everywhere. when heading south, my wife feels inclined to hit every single stop we see to let the girls use the restrooms.