Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:54 pm 
Forum Support

micountrygal wrote:
I'm hooked on the show!

Sadly so am I. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:29 pm 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
missingthebeach wrote:
micountrygal wrote:
I'm hooked on the show!

Sadly so am I. :oops:

Get some detox, this is a really filthy habit. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:56 am 
Forum Support

Myrtle Manor
Busted for DUI
'3 Beers & 4 Shots'

Amanda Adams, one of the stars of the TLC trailer park reality show "Welcome to Myrtle Manor," was arrested early this morning in Myrtle Beach, SC on suspicion of DUI ... after she allegedly crashed her car head-on into an electric pole.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/26/myrtle-ma ... z2Ra7Uv5ZE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:02 am 

Doesn't surprise me at all. She drives me nuts!

~Kari~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:38 pm 

Ok, I keep joking that I want my picture made on their pool deck with the sign in the background. The Facebook page has stories of people just driving in and meeting them...has anyone done that? How odd that seems, just to have random people driving in and checking them out! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:40 pm 

micountrygal wrote:
Ok, I keep joking that I want my picture made on their pool deck with the sign in the background. The Facebook page has stories of people just driving in and meeting them...has anyone done that? How odd that seems, just to have random people driving in and checking them out! :mrgreen:

It's absolutely true - I'm there occasionally, and will help out by taking pictures FOR the fans with their own cameras so that the fan (or ALL of the visiting fans) and all available cast members can be in the photo(s) together.

Many of the cast members also have regular jobs throughout the community that aren't mentioned on the show. Thus, WHO will be there almost always varies.

Mostly: you will find Cecil, Becky, and other direct family members around the premises - as the mobile home park encompasses their main business, though they also do various church and community support activities. Some of the cast members are retired, so their open presence varies. Some work during the daytime and are there later in the day and weekends. Others (like Amanda, the topic of missingthebeach's post above) work nights (including weekend nights) and may be sleeping during the day but there at various hours otherwise.

There are also weekly viewing parties at some of the venues that have been featured on some episodes (Gem City Pizza, Beaver Bar, etc) with many of the cast members hosting and/or otherwise attending the gatherings. You will find more info about them on the Myrtle Manor FaceBook page and several of the cast members' individual FB pages...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:33 pm 

Just today saw the pictures from the Beaver Bar viewing party -- I am going to be there May 17th, am waiting to see if they're doing one that weekend -- that would be some kind of fun! :drinkin:

Thanks for all the info, Mike! I can't believe they just let people drive in and check it out, that's kinda funny!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:42 pm 
Forum Support

Thanks for the info Mike! Count me in as one who would stop there the next time in town! :nanner:

'Welcome to Myrtle Manor'
More Cast Members
Arrested

This time its Taylor Jonathan Burt and Lindsay Brooke Colbert....

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/28/myrtle-ma ... ylor-burt/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:21 pm 

Cecil can't sell! :sad: There wouldn't be any more shows! lol

Anyone know if this was a one off thing or if it'll be back? The wedding looks kind of sweet, but poor Bandit! err...poor Roy! :hysterical:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:40 pm 
Forum Support

I am not sure what TLC expectations were for this show. What ratings the network normally gets for their shows either. So its hard to say if there will be a season 2. I would assume we would find out quickly though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:00 pm 

I was not going to go back that far in this thread, but some recent folks said thye found it interesting that one could just drive in the park, yes and there is now a store open where you can buy shirts and other gifts of Myrtle Manor :)

Gary

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:58 pm 

UPDATE: Just got word from Becky: "Welcome to Myrtle Manor" has been renewed by TLC for a second season. No further details yet...

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:37 pm 

I just saw that and was coming to post, Mike!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/03/myrtle-manor-renewed/

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 am 

Ok, MikeL...now the first season is over -- will you dish your info? lol I went back online and watched the first 2 shows and didn't hear anyone saying "No thanks, I don't smoke" -- and I can't find the rest of the episodes online to watch!

In the first two shows there was a dude (usually in a blue rain poncho) walking/riding around with Becky and Cecil - kicked some tires when Jared and Taylor blew up that tv and turned it into "yard art" and he was in the town hall meetings, but I don't remember them introducing him. Or are you a friend of Jeana's and come in with the biker crew? I think that was the next episode. Or how well do you know Taylor and can you make a killer chicken bog? lol

Last night's show was sweet - glad Chelsey's family showed up! And Jessica - wow! Anne & Marvin just crack me up, they're so awkward but sweet!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6