Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 pm 

I know that everyone on this board LOVES Myrtle Beach. I know I do. But, I just got back from my second cruise which I REALLY LOVED.

So I was just curious is there anywhere else that you like to vacation besides Myrtle Beach?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:19 am 

I love Nashville! And the Outer Banks is a big favorite! I really enjoyed our trips to Tybee and Jekyll Islands, too!

And two new vacation spots we visited this year that I fell in love with are the Smokies around Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN. And in September, instead of our usual late summer MB trip, we went to Gulf Shores, AL and I just loved it there! So different from MB, more like the OBX - less stuff to do, but more beach and shelling!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:52 am 

I'm a travel agent, specializing in cruises, but do all kinds of travel. I think almost all travel is good. It reminds us that there's a big world out there, and life/people are different everywhere we go. Travel exposes us to new cultures, people, languages, food, scenery, etc. Even when we travel within the U.S., it amazes me how interesting and different it is, depending on where you go. Our country is so beautiful, and such a contrast from state to state. Two years ago, I won a trip of the upper midwest/west. It was a bus tour, which we had never done before. Actually, I never thought I'd like that sort of travel. What an amazing trip! We spent a week on a bus with a bunch of people who started out as strangers. By the end of trip, they were like family. We all experienced wonderful sites, American cultures, great hotels, regional foods and a few bottles of wine! Can't wait to do our next bus tour!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:19 pm 

I too enjoy a cruise. They say the world is like a book and if you don't travel you only read the first page.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:30 pm 

DISNEY!!!!! :wav: :cheerleader: :hello: :cheerleader: :hello:

Ok, got carried away for a minute!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

Really, Em? I didn't know that! :hysterical:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:52 pm 

I LOVED Vegas!!!!

When we planned our girl trip I wasn't all that thrilled because I am not a gambler and I thought there wouldn't be that much to do. Boy, was I wrong. There was so much to do we couldn't fit it all in 5 days. We went from sun up until way after sun down. I especially loved the lights and shows. It was lots of walking so we ate lots of food and didn't gain weight :lol: Now that is my kind of vacation!

We girls are all the time talking about going back because there are plenty of things to do to keep us busy for another 5 days.

I also enjoy cruising!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:08 pm 

Usually a Disney trip when we go. Most of the time it is a three or four year gap between those trips though. MB is a yearly stop regardless of whether we go elsewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:29 am 

Disney World!! It's always Disney or Myrtle Beach for us.
Angela

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:10 pm 

We go to either Gatlinburg/PF or MB. Hubby is trying to get me to go to Traverse City, MI next year but I wanna go sooner than summer and Spring is not going to be nice that far north!

~Kari~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 am 

Kari -- I'd recommend Traverse City in the fall!! October is gorgeous up here! The colors, the wineries, the lake. Look at a day trip over to the Glen Arbor area, for the dunes! And stop at Art's Tavern for fresh whitefish!

That's my favorite time to visit....summer is waaaay too crowded and expensive!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:02 am 

micountrygal wrote:
Kari -- I'd recommend Traverse City in the fall!! October is gorgeous up here! The colors, the wineries, the lake. Look at a day trip over to the Glen Arbor area, for the dunes! And stop at Art's Tavern for fresh whitefish!

That's my favorite time to visit....summer is waaaay too crowded and expensive!

My husband and his friend are big into fishing. He said Spring is not a good time to go anyway. I was just planning on going on vacation during Spring Break...to MB! I don't want to wait another 5-6 months! :geek:

~Kari~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:14 pm 

We enjoy Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge...very touristy...but we always have a good time...we loved Vegas...but have only been there once... :sunny:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:31 am 

Vegas is something else that we are interested in. But by the time we fly round trip for two people, get a room, rent a car, etc we are easily going to spend close to $2000. This is not including food and entertainment. We could cruise again for about half that including food and entertainment. I guess the main thing is that I do not want to fly. So if I get up the courage I guess we will be Vegas bound.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:21 am 

Everyone should do Vegas at least once. Great experience!