Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:33 pm 

That is fabulous, Deanna! I always find it easier to walk at the beach...sure beats the old treadmill every morning...glad you enjoyed your week...your walking and hopefully bonding with your future daughter in law! :sunny:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 am 

Great job Deanna!!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:22 pm 

Time for me to start eating clean again. I always seem to end up about ten pounds short of my goal at vacation time, so a month or two head start couldn't hurt. Another big thing is that I dont want to put on holiday weight that I would just have to turn around a lose again. Good thing is that I'm still 25 lbs down from where I was last year at this time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:22 pm 

While I haven't given up running, my diet is just pure garbage right now. My beer consumption is wreaking havoc with my waist line and I've ballooned up to a mind numbing 187 lbs. I have to try to find time to get back into the gym and tone up. Best of luck to you all!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 pm 

Me to I am planning for a cruise at the end of March for the Caribbean, I would love to lose 50 pounds that's a very reasonable 10 pounds a month or 2.5 pounds a week by my birthday which is April 1st. Going on a cruise for my birthday would be so incredible. Sticking to my indoor exercise bike and maybe using my moms rebounder. I have a full freezer of frozen berries and want to stick to a coconut and berry smoothie every day, maybe oatmeal and a fruit for breakfast a smoothie for lunch and a salad and frozen Diet meal if I'm not into making a healthy dinner.

Oct 4-11 2008 Bay Watch Resort
September 26 - October 3 2009 Breakers Resort
September 25 - October 2 2010 Bay Watch Resort
September 3 -10 2011 Myrtle Beach Resort
January 12 - May ? 2014 A rented apartment on 33 ave. N, Myrtle Beach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

Quote Deanna:
>...You guys that are not walkers should at least take a little morning stroll. I truly believe it is therapeutic.

There is NOTHING to compare with a walk on the beach. Sometimes I'm at home with a boatload of things that need to be done, and think I hear the ocean calling me. The vision of waves lapping on the shore interrupts the checklist in my mind, so I get in the car and drive the 2 miles to the MB State Park entrance. I drive down the road that leads to the ocean, and slow down to show the attendant my park pass. But before I can twist it from the visor for her to view, she smiles and waves me through. She knows my car. And you know what? We've lived here 15 years and I'm still amazed when I see the ocean. To me, it's one of God's greatest gifts, and even after all these years I am still in awe of its vastness and beauty.

Walking from the State Park pier to the Springmaid Pier is 8/10th of a mile.... an easy walk. Sometimes from there I will continue down to Crown Reef and Sun 'N Sand (formerly Sheraton) or even further, depending on the time. I've stopped in the exercise room at Crown Reef and strolled through the lobby of various hotels. Sometimes I feel like Roger Miller's song "King of the Road." I know every hotel, and all of their names...and every lock that ain't locked when no one's around."

When I head back to my car it seems like no time has passed at all, when in truth, I've covered a wide area of the beach. And my Nike iPhone app tells me I've walked 4 miles. It's the most fun exercise there is!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

Lauren, best wishes for your dieting goal. I hope you will have a wonderful time on your cruise!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:34 am 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
patrish wrote:
Quote Deanna:
>...You guys that are not walkers should at least take a little morning stroll. I truly believe it is therapeutic.

There is NOTHING to compare with a walk on the beach. Sometimes I'm at home with a boatload of things that need to be done, and think I hear the ocean calling me. The vision of waves lapping on the shore interrupts the checklist in my mind, so I get in the car and drive the 2 miles to the MB State Park entrance. I drive down the road that leads to the ocean, and slow down to show the attendant my park pass. But before I can twist it from the visor for her to view, she smiles and waves me through. She knows my car. And you know what? We've lived here 15 years and I'm still amazed when I see the ocean. To me, it's one of God's greatest gifts, and even after all these years I am still in awe of its vastness and beauty.

Walking from the State Park pier to the Springmaid Pier is 8/10th of a mile.... an easy walk. Sometimes from there I will continue down to Crown Reef and Sun 'N Sand (formerly Sheraton) or even further, depending on the time. I've stopped in the exercise room at Crown Reef and strolled through the lobby of various hotels. Sometimes I feel like Roger Miller's song "King of the Road." I know every hotel, and all of their names...and every lock that ain't locked when no one's around."

When I head back to my car it seems like no time has passed at all, when in truth, I've covered a wide area of the beach. And my Nike iPhone app tells me I've walked 4 miles. It's the most fun exercise there is!

Patricia,
This is so true! I walk our part of the beach every morning, an average of 3 to 5 miles per day, and would you believe that I lost 24 pounds since July? That's right! No diet, no crazy exercise, just a nice long walk on the beach every day.
Sometimes I also walk in the evening, because I love seeing the colors in the sky after supper. But since the time change, it is too dark, so the after supper walk will have to wait until spring.
My favourite stop is Island Vista, because they have nice rockers on the porch and I love to stop and admire the view.
I also enjoy stopping at the junction of Ocean Boulevard and Porcher Avenue, in front of Ocean Forest Plaza, where there is a beautiful little park with nice restrooms, which I badly need when I just walked such a distance and guzzled a lot of water. :wink:
Walking on the beach is a spiritual experience, where the sounds and smells carry you in a world full of peace and joy. During our prolonged absence last year, I missed my walks on the beach so much it ached.
Ed comes with me sometimes, and he likes it too, but I love it. I need it. When I miss two days in a row, I get withdrawals symptoms. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:41 pm 

A walk at the beach sure beats my walk around town :mrgreen: Maybe some day I will take daily walks on a beach. We are lucky enough to live within the city limits where we have sidewalks available
. This time of year most of the walks are after dark. The kids school activities usually run to about 8 or 9 o'clock, so we make it a point to try and walk no matter the time. Kind of peaceful and low impact will hopefully save the knees down the road.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:48 pm 

I wish it was even easy to walk around where I live but we live along a very busy road sometimes with not a big shoulder and no sidewalks and now with the weather getting colder it's just easier to do stuff inside.

Oct 4-11 2008 Bay Watch Resort
September 26 - October 3 2009 Breakers Resort
September 25 - October 2 2010 Bay Watch Resort
September 3 -10 2011 Myrtle Beach Resort
January 12 - May ? 2014 A rented apartment on 33 ave. N, Myrtle Beach

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:59 pm 

Patrish, your comments about beach walking have made me long for the beach this evening. :cry: Truly my favorite place.

I got a new job at work several weeks ago and what did I let go during my busy workload...you guessed it EXERCISE. I have been so busy that Doug and I have ate lunch out and just not done well at all with our eating. However, this week I started back up exercising and I am literally laying here right now with my legs throbbing (5 miles today). Urggg it is amazing how your body can regress. I have to exercise during the holiday or I will be in BIG trouble :roll:

I have a friend who is begging me to train for a half marathon next year. That thought is almost unimaginable to me, but she is not letting up. I guess that would be one way to get in shape :roll: Right now my goal is to improve my 5K time. Guess we will see what happens after that.

Good luck everyone in your health and fitness goals. The holidays can be a killer. Stay focused!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:29 am 

Ohhh Deanna half's are fun! I've done 9! I ran my first full marathon on 10/12 and boy! What an experience!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:37 pm 

Here I am on this dang thread again :ac17[1]: If I would of stuck with my plan from last year, I might could of bypassed this topic. Guess the good news is that I'm still about 20 pounds down from where I was last year at this point. If I could lose about 25 before the beach trip I would be happy. Down about seven pounds since late December. It's a start.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

I actually wish people would post here more - not less. There are some really inspiring stories in this thread, and I think they are a big help to anyone reading them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:18 pm 

I usually get pretty close to where I want to be at beach time most years. I've just got to do a better job once vacation is over. It used not to be too bad when we would take late July vacations, because it didn't leave as much time until "beach body" time started back the next January. Now we take June vacations and that leaves an extra month to let a few pounds get back on. I know I've got to stop the cycle, but never seem to follow through. I'm pretty good about starting early enough in the year to be in good shape by the time vacation time is here. My wife on the other hand is the type of person that is in panic mode when vacation time arrives. Even though we know a year ahead of time a beach vacation is coming, she never starts worrying about being in beach shape until about a month before. :???: Leaves me to listen to her complain about how she isn't going to be at the weight she wants to when it gets here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next