Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:35 pm 

Congratulations Laura that is amazing!! Also Congratulations to Patrish and everyone else who is losing weight. I admire your willpower and determination. I keep putting off doing anything about my weight. I am probably at least 30 lbs overweight. Do not do what I have done all these years and ignore it. Before you know it you will be in your mid sixties like me and then the weight is more difficult to lose. Maybe you all will be my inspiration this year to finally do something. My two downfalls are sodas and chips (and I do not mean the diet type).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:14 pm 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
That was one of my biggest downfalls too...I am not a big sweet eater but I love salty stuff...and pork chops in gravey...and biscuits...and well you get the picture.
But the pepsi was killing me...I didn't think so at the time but when I had to start doing sugar tests throughout the day it was very clear. My numbers dropped dramatically the third day of no soda.
I HATE diet so I drink unsweet tea or water or a combo with orange, lemon or lime slices.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Quote Laura:
"Oh and I have lost 41 pounds since mid October."

Laura, that is such wonderful news! Congratulations! You rock, woman! :nanner: You have come a long way already! Are you doing it on your own, or are you using one of the weight loss plans? My son-in-law took off 60 pounds a couple years ago while on Physician's Weight Loss, and a friend in Roanoke lost 50 with Weight Watchers.

I have only 2 more pounds to go, and there are still 2 weeks left in the month, so I figure I'll make it. Jan. 31 will mark my 89th day of dieting (yes, I count every day) so that's almost 13 weeks to lose 15 lbs. I so admire those of you who take on a long commitment of time and hang in there. I don't know how long I could keep doing this without a break.

BUT....I've been trying on clothes that were too tight, and now they fit. I think that's THE BIGGEST reward of weight loss.

Anyhow, congratulations to all of you! Keep on posting. It helps when you know you have friends cheering for you!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:56 pm 

Congratulations, Laura! You must feel wonderful! What does John Blue think? I know when I talk about losing weight David (9 yo) says something to the effect that he likes me nice and soft. LOL But he knows it's healthier to lose weight.

I also looked into some type of bariatric surgery - lap band and gastric bypass. My insurance doesn't cover much and I just can't justify putting my family into debt for tens of thousands of dollars because I've made poor food choices. I've looked into Weight Watchers, which I went to in the past but then dropped because we moved. I may yet decide to do that. There's free registration now through March. (little ad there!)

I'm currently going to an exercise class called "Staying Strong" (although I'm just working on "getting strong" for now) and I can feel it helping already. I have osteoarthritis in my left hip and when I was diagnosed about a year ago I was told I should ride bike or swim (neither of which I do). I was told that walking, low impact aerobics (both of which I did do) or jogging (yeah, right, like that was an issue! :roll: ) were too high impact. So basically I did nothing becuase I was afraid to do the wrong thing. I went to an arthritis class a few months ago and found out there's a lot more I can do.

So whatever y'all decide, get information. It can be very empowering. Good luck, everyone! I wish you all the best in your efforts to be healthy and happy.

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:55 pm 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
Nope...no program (yet). I am not against them ....but at this point I am just to figure out something that works for me longterm. I am just trying to change my mindset. I hope I get to the point eventually that move more, eat less will be all I have to do! LOL

Dawne ...John Blue doesn't say much he does tell me how pretty I am but he has always done that...lol ....he is such a sensitive child I don't want him to be hurt by people making fun of his mom as he gets older.Of course I mostly dont want to have a stroke or die.
I still have a long long way to go but I am going keep breaking it in to 20 pound intervals and trudge on....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:01 pm 

Way to go Laura :nanner:

It is wonderful that you have lost 40 pounds since October all by yourself. Are you exercising or just watching what you eat? I want to know your secrets?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:12 pm 

Laura, awesome! It is never easy and you have done so well on your own. We all know what we have to do but doing it is an altogether different story. I admire your success.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Another link....this one is from Woman's Day Magazine:
http://www.womansday.com/package/Womans ... r-Slimdown

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:20 pm 

congrats to all of you on your weight loss...I am in Patrish's age group(I think) and the weight creeps up on you like overnight....I would like to lose at least 10 pounds too..I dont eat that much but I guess it's the wrong type of food...to lose weight over the holidays is unheard of...WAY TO GO Patrish.............

Kathy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:37 pm 

Congratulations on the weight loss. I too, seem to be in a continuous struggle to keep off the pounds. Luckily this year I didn't put back on as much weight as I did last year after vacation. It's really scary what I would weigh if I didn't try to lose some weight for my annual MB trip. :mrgreen: I'm a fast gainer and can put it on really quick during my off time (vacation end until December). Just take everything one day at a time. Try to keep your bad meals to a minimum and eat healthy every chance you get. Don't make the same mistake that I do, which is when I'm dieting I'm all in, but if I'm not hide the food because nothing is off limits. That's not a very healthy lifestyle when you go up and down in weight. Keep it off and feel better all year long. Once again good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 pm 

MBKY,

I laughed out loud reading your post because it sounds just like me. One of these days I am going to beat the demon and learn how to really eat (stopping when I am full and only eating when I am hungry). As for now I struggle along.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 pm 

Deanna wrote:
MBKY,

I laughed out loud reading your post because it sounds just like me. One of these days I am going to beat the demon and learn how to really eat (stopping when I am full and only eating when I am hungry). As for now I struggle along.

Sadly, every bit of it is the truth. I actually catch myself eating stuff even when I'm not even hungry. It's like I know I shouldn't, but since I'm not on a diet that I'm allowed to eat an endless supply of junk food. Just glad that I'm still able to lift weights and run enough to get most of the "stupid weight" off. Age will eventually catch up to me though. I have to learn to at least try to stay within 10 lbs of my "beach" weight year round.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:00 am 

Dawne,
if you can get to a pool,that would probably be best for you with your hip condition.It really IS a great form of exercise and the lack of resistance on your body makes it ideal for people with joint or muscle conditions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:51 pm 

Congrats everyone on their success!

Now....what about sharing some healthy, low (everything) cal/fat recipes? I'd love some ones to try!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:13 pm 

Patrish,

I have a feeling you have lost that last pound with a week to spare. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next