Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:18 pm 

How is everyone doing? I am currently on day 7 of a thing called Whole30. Any of you who have done Paleo probably know what it is. It's a 30 day reset for your body. It's not a diet. It's more of a lifestyle change.

I CAN have meats, seafood, eggs, veggies, fruit nuts, and certain oils. That's it. for 30 days. No milk, or dairy, no beans, soy, corn, or grains, no legumes (or peanuts) or added sugar of ANY kind.

It's tough, but I actually enjoy this type of eating. I always feel my best, and lose weight this way. 95% of people who do the Whole30 lose anywhere from 6-20 lbs. So while i'm not doing it SOLEY to lose weight, I do hope I can reap the benefits! =)

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:30 pm 

I've lost 38 lbs. Started in late December and stayed pretty faithful in keeping the carbs low. Found an item called carb quick and that has been a life saver with keeping me on the diet. Its basically a low carb bisquick knock off. Not the greatest buiscuits I've ever eaten, but far from being bad. I have a sausage and biscuit almost daily and the wife makes a great banana bread with it. Outside of a bun on a hamburger I'm really not giving up much.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:17 pm 

So where do you get this carbs low? Just finished 4 miles of hill walking. It is a killer. Trying to drop 10 pounds in the next 6 weeks. That is very doable for me if I put my mind to it. I have had a bad sweet tooth lately.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:40 pm 

Deanna wrote:
So where do you get this carbs low?

http://www6.netrition.com/cgi/advanced_search.cgi

Didn't link directly to product page, but just search carbquick on the link above. Dare anyone to say my wife's banana bread is not as good as anywhere around. Only 2 grams carbs per slice too. Carbquick is not cheap, but is worth every penny.

Check out the 540 plus reviews for it on the above site. Amazing that a product receives that kind of feedback. A lot of people just take bisquick recipes and replace any sugar with splenda. Truly an amazing product that I had not found until this year.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:35 am 

Kudos to everyone trying. Your body is the most interesting instrument you'll ever own. Make the best of it!!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:52 pm 

I have got to try the whole foods thing. I have 5 pounds to go, and just can't seem to get it off. My body responds better to exercise than diet, but finding gym time has been difficult. Gotta buckle down, only 4 weeks til vacay time. I don't eat sweets but I am a potato chip junkie. I could kill a bag of chips in 10 minutes flat :mrgreen: Oh well good luck to all those making this change for the better. I finally got back down to 140 (pre baby weight), just want to kick the last 5 or so pounds..or at least tighten them back up!! Amazing how things just tend to jiggle a little more now!! :BandHead:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 am 

peanut18 wrote:
I have got to try the whole foods thing. I have 5 pounds to go, and just can't seem to get it off. My body responds better to exercise than diet, but finding gym time has been difficult. Gotta buckle down, only 4 weeks til vacay time. I don't eat sweets but I am a potato chip junkie. I could kill a bag of chips in 10 minutes flat :mrgreen: Oh well good luck to all those making this change for the better. I finally got back down to 140 (pre baby weight), just want to kick the last 5 or so pounds..or at least tighten them back up!! Amazing how things just tend to jiggle a little more now!! :BandHead:

Eating whole foods will defintley help drop some lbs! I bet you could easily drop 5lbs if you ate unprocessed foods only until your vacation! It's not easy (mentally) but I just keep reminding myself how much better I feel, and how I want to look on my vacation in September. I'm determined this time!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:28 pm 

Vacation season is here. Gotta eat clean and exercise hard for two more weeks. I've lost right at 40 lbs since late December. I really wish I would of done a couple of cheat days about a month ago. I really think my body needed a shock to jump start weight loss again and a change in diet for a couple of days might have done that. I was hoping an increase in exercise would of been the boost I needed but it didn't work. Looks like I will miss my goal by 5 or 10 lbs. Still, no cabbage soup diets before the trip this year. :lol: Good luck to everyone still trying to lose.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:41 pm 

40 pounds is great! Stay strong for the next two weeks! I have got four weeks and I have decided that starvation may be the answer :lol: Just kidding!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:45 pm 

I have some liver problems and just had a Liver ultrasound but I know after my drs appt Wednesday I will pro ally need to start a liver healing diet which I heard is mostly whole grains, fruits, veggie juices and no animal protein , no sugar, no soda, and of course no processed junk. So this will be hard but hopefully temporary and I am considering WLS so I need to start this diet to shrink my liver before surgery anyway. I have no problem going off meat but cheese will be tough and I am addicted to soda but right now I'm trying to get down to 1 diet soda a day and just drink homemade chamomile refrigerator iced tea, I am making my own stevia simple syrup and steeping in mint and adding lime juice and vanilla to give it flavor. Its going good and I am going to try going to 2 days of diet soda next week just as a treat. Sweets and carbs will be hard but I think after a few days off sugar I think cravings will not be to bad. I love fruit and I have a juicer and do like veggie juices with some apple and berries thrown in. It will be hard but I will remember its only temporary but by that time I will learn to enjoy that lifestyle. Its summer and light eating is easy so I'm ready to do this and most importantly feel better. I started the couch to 5k back in March and really and shockingly really like running. My grandma died in April and I stopped the program but I just bought a weather bladder backpack and running shoes and socks so I am starting it back up this week, go to get back into it. I also found a really nice upright exercise bike at a yard sale this weekend for $100 and tried my first workout on it today. Made it halfway on workout 1 which gradually take the resistance from 1 to 5 which is the highest. I did make it to 5 but just could not keep it going at 5 till it gradually goes back down. I will do better next time though you can only go up from here.

Oct 4-11 2008 Bay Watch Resort
September 26 - October 3 2009 Breakers Resort
September 25 - October 2 2010 Bay Watch Resort
September 3 -10 2011 Myrtle Beach Resort
January 12 - May ? 2014 A rented apartment on 33 ave. N, Myrtle Beach

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:39 am 

I'm on day 28 of my whole30. I get to weigh on on Thursday and i'm excited. A lot of my clothes have be come to big to wear, or at least are much more loose than they were before.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:02 pm 

Quite a challenge to start on a whole lifestyle change diet. Sounds like you have a good plan in place. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:23 am 

Ryan's little girlfriend Leanna will be joining us on vacation again this year. Last year she and I got up every morning and hit the beach for a walk. She is a runner and I like to call myself a runner :lol: The week that we get back from the beach she will be going to Vegas so she will be trying to eat healthy on our beach trip. Well that will not be happening for me :roll: Anyway, she has challenged me to do 26.2 miles (marathon) during the entire week we are at the beach. That is 4.3 miles per day. I can do that, but do I really want to? I guess it will help with my usual 5 or 6 pound weight gain, but by golly it gets hard doing that walk toward the end of the week. I guess I will have to accept the challenge because I can't let some twenty four year old get the best fo me. Lord help me!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:29 am 

Deanna wrote:
Ryan's little girlfriend Leanna will be joining us on vacation again this year. Last year she and I got up every morning and hit the beach for a walk. She is a runner and I like to call myself a runner :lol: The week that we get back from the beach she will be going to Vegas so she will be trying to eat healthy on our beach trip. Well that will not be happening for me :roll: Anyway, she has challenged me to do 26.2 miles (marathon) during the entire week we are at the beach. That is 4.3 miles per day. I can do that, but do I really want to? I guess it will help with my usual 5 or 6 pound weight gain, but by golly it gets hard doing that walk toward the end of the week. I guess I will have to accept the challenge because I can't let some twenty four year old get the best fo me. Lord help me!

Oh you can do it, Deanna! If you get up early and get it out of the way, it's almost refreshing! It's good to know you are burning calories too!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:35 pm 

Just wanted to let all you fitness crazies out there know that I am patting myself on the back because I did end up walking 26.2 miles while on vacation last week. It just about killed me, but we did it! I walked with my brand new soon to be daughter in law (As of July 4th my son is engaged. How on earth am I that old). She says we have started a new tradition :roll: I am not so sure I like this new tradition. Just kidding...I actually did enjoy our morning power walks. There is nothing like walking on the beach. It is beautiful and I am totally at peace with everything. You guys that are not walkers should at least take a little morning stroll. I truly believe it is therapeutic. I hope it kept a few pounds off because I ate like a pig and enjoyed every bite. It is back to calorie counting Monday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next