Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 pm 

kytraveler,

Good luck with your Weight Watchers journey. I am a true believer in Weight Watchers....Keep us updated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:10 am 

Anyone on the new Weight Watchers Points Plus program it sound like a even better program especially since fruits and veggies are 0 points now. So how does everyone like it?

Oct 4-11 2008 Bay Watch Resort
September 26 - October 3 2009 Breakers Resort
September 25 - October 2 2010 Bay Watch Resort
September 3 -10 2011 Myrtle Beach Resort
January 12 - May ? 2014 A rented apartment on 33 ave. N, Myrtle Beach

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:06 am 

I am not currently attending but I have lots of friends that do and I have heard it is really good because it takes those nasty little carbs more into consideration. You know all those 100 calorie snacks and bars that we all love to snack on as diet food. I learned a long time I couldn't lose weight and eat those on a daily basis.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 am 

How is everyone doing with their weight loss. This thread has slowed down.....

I am 10 pounds away from my goal....I have really lost steam and just want it to be over with. Hopefully I can pull that off by the end of April before Vegas.

I am currently 3rd in the competition here at work. My husband is 1st :mad: and I doubt I can catch him. He has tried very hard. Right now I am really going to have to get my butt motivated to even stay in the top three....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:55 am 

Deanna, you're doing great. You go girl!!! :nanner:

I continue with my twice-weekly "Staying Strong" classes and I see an improvement in my strength and flexibility. Plus I have more energy on the days I have classes. I feel a difference in the tightness (less of it) in my jeans but I haven't really lost much weight - maybe 5 pounds at most. I think it's just redistributing or something.

I hope the rest of you are doing well. It's been a lifelong struggle for me - since about the age of 10, although I had an active spurt in high school and was quite slim. Most of my adult years have been spent losing the struggle, especially since my first pregnancy. :roll: Now I'm paying the price with my osteoarthritis. A wise woman once told me, when I was in my 20s (she was in her 40s), to lose the weight before you hit 40 because after that it gets harder. Now I'm pushing 50 and wishing I had listened to her.

Anyway, here I am for the rest of you: :cheerleader:

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:17 pm 

Deanna, way to go. Keep up the good work. Wish I had your motivation and perserverance (sp?). Of course a trip to Las Vegas is a good motivator. We are going to a trade show there in November. Maybe if I start now I could lose the extra pounds.

Dawne, do not be so hard on yourself. I think it is great that you are going to your "Staying Strong" classes two days a week. If your jeans are not as tight and you have lost 5 pounds you have achieved a lot more than I have. Keep up the good work.

Judy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:29 pm 

Dawne,

I think you are doing great and it is wonderful that you are trying. Most people would take the diagnosis of osteoarthritis and use it as an excuse. So give yourself a pat on the back and press on. You can do this...

:wav: You can tell a difference in your jeans. That is a wonderful feeling.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:55 pm 

Deanna wrote:
Quote:
How is everyone doing with their weight loss. This thread has slowed down.....

Well, been on the Predisone for 2 months now... usually would have packed the weight on by now. So far... I'm maintaining... haven't gain any so far! :hello: That's a huge victory for me as I can look at Predisone and gain weight! Time will tell :ohnoes: but for now I'll be happy with maintaining! :lol:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:54 pm 

Karen,

That is great.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:24 pm 

Hey! I think you all are doing GREAT! Just reading about you all motivates me to think about and watch what I eat...keep on keeping on...and thankyou!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 am 

I will start the WW Points Plus this Thursday 3/17 and I am really trying to avoid that "eat everything before you start to diet" syndrome. :dontknow:

I have started back to Jazzercise and of course I love it, but I have been away for over a year and it is really kickin my butt. :smash[1]:

It so great to see the progress you all are making! Hang in there, it will be lovely to be a size or two smaller by beach time. :hello:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 pm 

Let us know how you like Points Plus. My sister in law started last Thursday and is down 3 pounds today. That's pretty good. I am a big fan of Weight Watchers.

I am the queen of "Eat Everything Before You Diet Syndrome" :BandHead:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hey! I've been following this string, even if I don't post often. I think all of you deserve positive Karma, a pat on the back, and an "atta way to go" for supporting each other and posting your successes and concerns. You are the "Woman of the Beach" and you're all winners in my book!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:04 am 

Hoping for some positive motivation on this thread....I am 40# overweight at this typing. Never weighed this much in my 62 years of life till I quit smoking 2 years ago. Can't seem to find anything to do with my hands since I'm not holding a smoke. But if you all can do it........hopefully I can make a little progress. Am a diabetic, have arthritis, several other health problems as others do.....but I'm sure this extra weight is not helping one bit. Is it unreasonable to expect to lose 25# to 30# by 6/18? This is our arrival time in MB. This old lady can't look like a beached whale when I get there!!

Looking forward to any suggestions anyone can offer!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:12 am 

BJ,

That is around 14 weeks before your vacation. I can tell you that the very committed people at Weight Watchers lose approximatly 2 pounds per week. That's about 28 pounds. Weight Watchers worked for me. You can do it.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next