Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

I am soooo pissed! Bear with me, friends. We have two scales in our house. According to "my" scale, I have 1/2 pound to go before the end of the month. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, Wally says "try the old scale." This is the one he uses which we bought about 12 years ago. We put both scales in the same bathroom, on the same tiles, weighed in, and discovered we both weigh 1 pound heavier on the old scale than we do on the new. So I am not a happy camper at this moment.

But on the positive side, I can now get into ALL my shorts and jeans, and I feel much better.

Thanks for all the positive comments I've been reading here. Y'all are wonderful! (I would expect nothing less of Myrtle Beach fans!)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:33 pm 

Patrish, I can relate to the scale story, but mine was at the doctor's office. I always weighed heavier at the doctor's on the old-style scale where they slide the weights across the bar. Then they got a new electronic digital scale and I weight lighter there than at home. Go figure! Even the doctors can't get it right!

I read something recently where someone questioned the fact that a woman who had been on "The Biggest Loser" weighed 193 pounds but wore a size 12. She was also on the tall side, maybe 5'7" or 5'8". That didn't seem right to me, either, but it was explained that it was correct. The people on that show (which I've never watched but am aware of) do so much exercise that they replace fat with muscle, which weighs more but isn't as bulky so they can wear smaller clothes at a higher weight. I know the last time I wore a size 12 was when I weighed about 130 pounds. I guess I wasn't very muscular.

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:50 pm 

micountrygal wrote:
Congrats everyone on their success!

Now....what about sharing some healthy, low (everything) cal/fat recipes? I'd love some ones to try!

Don't have any great recipes, since I don't cook much of anything unless it goes on the grill, but can give a diet tip. One rule I always try to follow when trying to lose is to avoid WHITE BREAD!. Don't care whether you are a low carb or low fat kind of person, white bread is probably the worst food you can eat. Puts weight right on the mid-section and fast. Throw the bun away or eat whole grain breads if you want, but stay away from white bread.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:46 pm 

Patrish,

You crack me up. Use your scale and forget it. You are back in your clothes and they fit....I always go by my scale at home otherwise I would go crazy. We weighed in a couple of weeks ago at work for our Biggest Loser contest (which I am neck and neck with the men by the way) and I went straight home and weighed on my scales and that is what I go by. SO you have 1/2 pound by the end of the month RIGHT ????? You can do it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:37 pm 

Great going Patrish on getting back into your shorts and jeans...great job....I always weigh 5 pounds heavier at the doctor's office than I do at home........it irritates me highly..............

Kathy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm 

Me, too...Me, too. I'm trying to lose. Fighting insulin resistance doesn't help and I have high and low blood sugar issues. I've always weighed heavier than people would EVER believe. I'm down in a 10lb range I haven't been in 8 years! It is so difficult. You have to figure out what works for your body type. Weight watchers didn't work for me, they give me too many carbs/fruit, plus I hate counting points. I do a healthier/modified version of Atkins mixed w/South Beach. Low carb, high fiber, lean protein. This January weather isn't helping any tho'. Today is 33 and the warmest it's been in a month!

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:07 pm 

Not bragging but I just did 5 miles at the gym and my legs feel as if they are not connected to my body BUT I DID IT!!! I have a big weigh in Monday and I am hoping I pull 7% for January. I am close. All I have to say is if I do all those guys that think they have us girls whipped better watch out!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:17 pm 

Good for you, Deanna.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:47 pm 

:nanner: :nanner: Yay, Deanna! :nanner: :nanner:

:wav:

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:30 am 

Well guys I didn't make it to 7%. I hit 6.8%. I am ticked because I worked hard. My best friend came in at 8.15%. Now how in the heck did she do that. She is already skinny as a rail. Life is just not fair. I am 2 pounds behind her. I was so depressed last night I went out to eat :lol: . I think I have my head back on today.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:57 pm 

WOW Deanna!!!!! 6.8% is NOTHING to sneeze at!!! :wav: I'm so proud of you! Keep up the fantastic work!

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 pm 

Thanks Karen...Honestly I did need to hear that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 pm 

Glad it cheered you up! :mrgreen: See me over there green with envy? Wish I could say the same thing! Keep on working, girl. You're doing great! :hello: :hello: :hello:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:41 pm 

So far, the new WW plan seems to be working for me. 3lbs in 3 weeks so I'm not complaining.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:53 pm 

Awesome start!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next