Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:09 am 

Wanted to eat somewhere new. Found ourselves walking around Barefoot Landing on Sunday afternoon. Saw Wild Wing Cafe.

Interior is huge. Smoking section is raised bar like area. Non-smoking is a step or two lower but far enough away it wasn't a problem. Outdoor bar area also. Lots of room in between for people to move between areas without bothering those at tables. Wasn't a bit crowded. Tables appeared to be spaced far enough apart you could leave table without bumping person behind you.

Menu was huge. Four pages of selections. Ruann forgot glasses so we shared mine. Large menu and one pair of glasses isn't a good combination. Took awhile to decide. Waitress stopped at table so many times she finally sat down and talked with us. (they weren't busy)

She suggested ribs. I went with ribs and wings combo and Ruann went with just ribs. Then had to choose sauce. Maybe two dozen to choose from. She suggested Bubba's. We agreed and she walked off saying "excellent choice". Felt like I had just picked a wine in fancy restuarant.

Three TVs on the wall in front of us. Many more throughout the place. No point in turning head to count when you have three in front of you. Three NFL games on. Every now and then you'd hear yelling and screaming. Turn to see which jersy they had on. Turn back to TVs and find which game they were watching to see re-play.

Food arrived. Much larger servings than I expected. Large pile of wings. Pile of bones before I decided to worry about numbers.
Ribs were good sized. Tender and not dry. Asked for extra napkins. These are the "you're gonna get sauce on your face" style ribs. Very good. Bubba's sauce is made with honey so is sweet. Not hot or spicy.

Hope to return for more. Will probably be crowded in summer. Off season for those "wife wants to dine out and you want to watch ball game" days, can't go wrong with Wild Wing Cafe.
Don't forget your glasses or the extra napkins............

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:38 am 

Ate here twice last week during our visit and had 2 different experiences. The first time was for dinner and was a great experience from start to finish. Service was great, were seated right away and had drink order taken which were served very quickly. Since this was our first trip, we decided to split the Wing Sampler where you get 25 wings and 5 sauces (5 wings per sauce). We also got the Buff Chips and a Salad to split. The sauces we got were Garlic, Gold Rush (a hot bbq), Jalapeno Cheddar, Loco Bueno (honey/ginger type sauce), and Flaming Parmesan and all were very good! The wings are like BW3 (or Buffalo Wild Wings) in terms of size but the sauces were better and had a large variety to choose from. The Buff Chips were slinly sliced potatoes served with bleu cheese crumbles and spicy ranch. Very good. I would rate this experience an A.

The second visit was during lunch on our last full day. I'm not sure if they were not expecting to be busy or had people call in but the way things started off, I was ready to walk out but decided to give them a chance based on prior experience earlier in the week. We were seated right away but the menus were thrown in front of us and were told "We'll get to you when we can." It took over 5 minutes to get our drink order taken and since we had both spied a wing bar asked about that and ended up ordering that. There were 4 types of wings, 2 types of boneless wings, buff chips, and 2 types of soup. Basically, you had to fight through the rest of the customers to get anything b/c they could not keep up. As soon as wings were being brough out, if you weren't one of the first couple of people in line, you were out of luck. We both ended up getting our fill but lunch took way longer than expected or was necessary. The server did make up with good service the rest of the meal and apologized for the lack of wings coming out but definitely 2 steps down from prior experience. I would rate this visit as a C.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:00 pm 

Went to the one located at Barefoot Landing. Now, we LOVE their wings, we think they are really fantastic, however the service there has been terrible EVERY time we have been there for the past few years. This year was different! Great service this time, which made it even better! We always get the wing platter – YUM. 5 different sauces with 5 wings of each. I still think the jalapeno cheddar is the best. Nolan got chicken fingers with smiley fries and he liked them. Will continue to go back!

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:20 pm 

Good value for money, especially at lunch and happy hour. We have watched several football games here and it is always a good time. Salads, in addition to the burgers and wings, are also very good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:37 pm 

Can't go wrong on Tuesday nights. Wings are buy one get one free.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:10 pm 

Haven't been there for awhile, but you can't find anywhere else that will serve you 25 wings with 5 different sauces. I live and work in a large college town where you can get wings at 80 different restaurants, but Wild Wing is definitely unique with that offer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:30 am 

I'm extremely disappointed to report that Wild Wing Cafe no longer offers BOGO wings on Tuesdays. Due to this, we won't be eating there any time soon. This seriously breaks my heart.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:00 am 

oh man, I had no idea that was even a thing haha.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:17 am 

speaking of this place, I'm pretty sure we will finally stop going. Last year in September it was just a not so good experience.