Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beaver Bar
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:55 am 

Since the Short Bar closed we chose the Beaver Bar for dinner last night during our yearly foray to Murrells Inlet. We walked right in at 6 pm no wait a seafood platter and all you can eat oysters were the specials and came with fries slaw and baked beans the oysters were only$8.95 the kids had their usual hot wings. All the food was exellent and the service great will be going there again next year.

Post subject: Re: Beaver Bar
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:59 am 

All you can eat oysters for 8.95 ? I'm starting to get that strange twitching sensation again..... must pack immediately..... :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:46 am 

We've been happy patrons of the Beaver Bar for a couple years now. The wife and I rarely go to a "bar" - just occasionally for an event-geared gathering with our biker friends - but the Beaver Bar is different.

The food is great, very-reasonably priced, and PLENTIFUL. Nightly specials; most are "all-you-can-eat" A GREAT Sunday Brunch.

Owner Leslie Beaver is very involved in the operations, extremely outgoing, and concerned about treating their customers right and satisfied.

One of the greatest advantages of the Beaver Bar is it's environment - far from any stereotype of a "biker bar". The interior is more reminiscent of a bar, with dining area and bandstand - but the most engaging part is the exterior.

A big front deck. An area between the front deck and parking lot with tables and chairs - and plenty of big wooden rocking chairs. It's really enjoyable to just sit out front and watch ALL kinds of people and vehicles come in and out - and pass by on the highway Business 17 through Murrells Inlet).

They also have a rather recently-added covered pavilion (on the left side of the main building) featuring a bandstand, bar area, and picnic tables - often used for charity fundraisers for many good causes as well as other special events.

Across the road, Leslie also owns a former convenience store converted to an antique shop with all kinds of interesting stuff - plus it's lot is also used for the overflow of large special events.

I'll note that there are actually TWO Beaver Bars - the original one just as you enter Business 17 to Murrells Inlet on the north end - and the newer "county line" location about 1/4 mile south of it. The above information is about the newer "county line" location, though many features apply to both (especially the outside seating and view).

For details, a schedule of their food specials, and other events, here's a link to their website:

http://beaverbar.net

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:56 pm 

Hi Mike, just to clarify, the Sunday buffet which is $5 is only until noon.
I have suggested this place before due to the food quality, portions and pricing.

Driftwood's which I have also suggested, on 707 across from St James High, is owned and run
by Leslie's son Charles, or as his friends call him Bean.

We ate at Horry's Restaurant out on 90 last night, 7 of us, all had combo seafood dinners total bill
before discount was $136, food and service was great. I'll post a review later after I get
the pictures posted on Flicker.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:04 pm 

Did this place just open a few years ago? What was it called before? We drove by on our way to Russell's, and thought this was something new that opened. It could be at least 5 years since we were in Murrells Inlet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:19 pm 

The Beaver Bar at the County Line opened 2 maybe 3 years ago, it had been a few different restaurants, it is the 2nd restaurant/bar you come to heading south on biz 17, on the right.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:15 pm 

gary2beach wrote:
H

We ate at Horry's Restaurant out on 90 last night, 7 of us, all had combo seafood dinners total bill
before discount was $136, food and service was great. I'll post a review later after I get
the pictures posted on Flicker.

Gary

If your speaking of Horry's Seafood Restaurant it is on Highway 9 not 90 I believe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:02 pm 

Emmy, my error, yes it in on 9 about 2 1/2 miles past 31 leaving the beach, my girlfriend lives off 90 in Longs, I get confused once I leave the beach and hit the mainland.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:44 pm 

gary2beach wrote:
Hi Mike, just to clarify, the Sunday buffet which is $5 is only until noon.

Gary

Sorry, that's what happens when I post while multi-tasking - I meant to type "BREAKFAST", not "brunch"...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:24 pm 

Was this Alice Flagg's at one time?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:50 am 

I remember there was a restaurant by that name, yet I just can't recall where it was, I'm thinking a large sign by the road, white background and black letters just saying Alice Flaggs Restaurant, the sign at the Beaver Bar by the road has been used by all the places that have been there, maybe this is where it was, yet if I were to have to make a choice/guess I would have thought it had been further south.

Gary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:35 pm 

Went to the Beaver Bar tonight got this seafood platter for $9.95

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:40 pm 

Looks yummy!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:49 am 
Forum Support

Looking good! Thanks for the foodie pic! :nanner: