Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 am 

Has anyone ever been here? I was looking at restuarant.com and was wondering if they have good food.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:13 pm 

We've been to the Sundown Club many times in Surfside during our golf trips. I haven't been on a golf trip for 3 years or so, and since Surfside has gone "non-smoking," the golf group no longer goes there. So, my review would be several years old. If it is still the same, then it was a great place for adults. The prices were great, and they had a special every day of the week. And I swear, their steamed shrimp was absolutely the BEST on the entire Grand Strand.

I don't think I would take my kids in there. Not that it was rough, but it was more of an "adult" place where locals were shooting pool or talking about their motorcycles. As a golf group, we were welcomed every time, and felt very comfortable there. But it isn't like Oscars or Overtime in North Myrtle where you see a lot of kids. It's more of a traditional bar.

If you get a chance to go, please report back and let me know if it has changed much. It was one of our favorite places, and I hope it is still great!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 pm 

We love the Sundown. However, as the other poster stated, it is more of a traditional bar. Think Nashville honky-tonk crossed with biker bar kind of atmosphere. Don't expect tropical drinks with umbrellas - more of a Jack and coke type place.

People are very friendly and food is reasonable and good. They also make a pretty "stiff" drink. I am not a huge drinker but can usually manage 2 or 3 drinks and be okay. One Jack and coke and that was it for me!