Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:03 pm 

So we got a chance to meet up with some church friends at this newer Broadway at the Beach restaurant. It's a fun place, with a respectably sized menu.

I will say the wait from order time to meal arrival took longer than I'm used to for a half-full restaurant, 40 minutes for a party of 8. Our party order varied from burgers to wings to pizza to salad. All to the eye was very appealing. The feedback I received on what I didn't order was that the Kale and Apple Salad was really good. The chicken wings were average. The Hawaiian pizza, which looked awesome, was very good. My rodeo burger was great, as were the fries. So, all-in-all, I'd say we were pleased with our meals and the price was fine. My one complaint was that our coupon was rejected, though it said "Buy an entree, get 1 free" our waitress told us burgers, salads and pizzas were not considered entrees??? Only the pricey stuff like steak and seafood count as entrees (her exact words). Of course nowhere on the coupon is this mentioned.

In summary, I'll give Rooster's a grade of B. Eliminate the wait and coupon issue, A-.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for this thorough review! It's a great overview with lots of useful information.

The coupon specified "entree" but it's always a good idea to ask before you order. Many times I've gone in a restaurant and asked if I can substitute a dinner salad. In many cases the dinner salad is more expensive than the lowest entree price, so they usually say yes. If not I will point out the error of their ways (lol) and sometimes they will check with the Wizard of Oz or whoever lives in the back room.

So I looked up the menu for Roosters....and found that noting is specified a "entree." That's their bad. You could have probably have argued the point, and you might have won, depending on what OZ had to say.

But then again, I have recently joined the society of cantankerous old people, and I sometimes look forward to entering a debate whether there's a chance of winning or not. :clown:

Thanks again. Loved your review.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:54 pm 

Yeah, I looked for "entree" on their menu to no avail. Kinda misleading. I still wouldn't steer anyone away from trying the place out, but if you have a coupon (like you said, patrish) bring it up before ordering. Glad to contribute, need to do so more often!