Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liberty Steakhouse
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:59 pm 

Well, for some of you that love Liberty this is not going to be an easy read. This was our last trip. When we arrived we were seated immediately. That should have been the first clue :roll: We sat down and began looking at the menu. I am not kidding when I say it has literally been cut in half. One of our favorite items the chili cheese fries had been taken off the menu. We asked if they still had them and to our surprise they did. So if your favorite item is not on the menu you might want to ask. I guess the lack of menu items gave us a bad taste in our mouths before we ever actually got our food. We actually almost left.

Doug ordered the sweet deep fried pickles and they were a little burnt

Two years ago when we were at Liberty the salads were terrible and then last year they were better. Well this year they were back to bagged lettuce. It was terrible.

Bread was average

Doug's steak was not good. Very tough and believe it or not he sent it back. Forty minutes later he receives his replacement. We have never done this anywhere, but he sent it back and said he didn't want it after over an hour wait for his meal. The manager came by to talk to him and assured him that the service was not acceptable. He had already boxed his steak up and added a free dessert. His entire meal was free. It should have been because he didn't eat. I know you can't tell much about a cold steak, but Doug did say the second one wasn't as tough.

I ordered the appetizer of chicken and waffles. I ate the meal and it was not terrible, however the chicken was tough and I wouldn't order it again.

My mom ordered a burger. It was average. Doug ate most of it.

We were just not pleased with our meal. For Doug to send a meal back I promise it was not good. This is the second time this has happened and meals just cost too much money for average. Just my opinion. We do not plan to go back to Liberty. There are way too many restaurants in Myrtle Beach on my list to keep going back to one that is hit or miss with decent food.

Post subject: Re: Liberty Steakhouse
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:17 am 

I wonder how long until they just call it quits, every year it gets progressivley worse.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:10 am 

We were really disappointed this year too. Had hoped we just went on a bad day (or 2). Like you, we won't be back and it makes me very sad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:51 am 

It's always a disappointment when a favorite menu item is taken off, but I'm glad you asked for it and they had it!

I think the last time my family and I ate at Liberty was 4-5 years ago and we definitely weren't impressed with the service or the food. It seems like they still haven't improved. How unfortunate!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:24 pm 

I've watched this happen to restaurant after restaurant. They are good for 2-3 years and progressively get worse until they eventually just call it quits all together. Last example was a childhood favorite of the NASCAR Cafe, now its a wax museum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:18 pm 

We went to Liberty over the winter and agree that it was just not good. We used to eat in the bar all the time for happy hour, but won't return.

What is funny is Liberty Tap Room, owned by the same people, is excellent! It has been open for at least six or seven years and we have not had a bad meal there yet. This is close to our house, so it is our local go to place as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:36 pm 

With all this negative attention Libery has gotten and the horrible experience last year I may just avoid going here for happy hour lol