Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hamburger Joes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:09 pm 

There were 6 of us that arrived at Hamburger Joe's around 5:00 P.M. We were seated immediately, but there were tons of people waiting when we left. Hamburger Joe's is one of those places you go if you are a family on a budget and you want a basic hamburger. I was surprised how basic the menu was. There were just a few appetizers, a couple of salads and then your standard hamburger/fries/onion rings. I was in the mood for a hamburger and I thought it was really good. It just wasn't anything extra special. You know when you go to River City they have all kinds of different burgers. Well you won't find that here. I am not saying that is a bad thing, just thought I would compare the two since they are both popular burger joints.

Here are some pics

We would try Hamburger Joe's again

Post subject: Re: Hamburger Joes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

I will have to admit it.....lived here 16 years, and have never been to Hamburger Joe's. We ALMOST made it there a couple years ago but decided to go just a little further to 5 Guys since we had already been there a few times and knew exactly what to expect. (We go to River City Cafe for the same reason...it's in our comfort zone.) Yeah...boring, I know! :oops:

Thanks so much for this review and the photos. How were the onion rings? Made with real rings of onion or just pieces of onions?

Deanne, thanks for taking the time to review this restaurant and for adding photos!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:25 am 

My parents and my sister's family went there in June and pretty much hate this place. The service was awful and the food was less than mediocre. After so many low scores given by the local health department, I've heard enough to stay away. I'm Sure Gary would agree.

Last edited by phroggy on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:36 am 

Since Hamburger Joe's is so close to the Plantation we go every year. You can even walk there if you were drinking all day on the beach! Their wings and cheap drafts are what keep me going at least..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:49 am 

Hamburger Joes is not a must go to place every year, but we do usually end up there most years. Its nice not to drop $75-100 every meal, and Hamburger Joes gives you a pretty decent burger and doesn't hurt the wallet too much. They usually run a pretty decent deal on draft beers, which I also take advantage of.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:46 am 

Here's where and how people get confused or mislead:

There are 2 Hamburger Joe's along the Strand, NMB next to Joe's Bar & Grill, (they are owned by different people) and then there is one in Surfside, also a different owner.

Phroggy your right, I will not eat at the Surfside location even with their cheap beer which is Natty Light and I will not drink that, sorry to those who enjoy it.

The NMB location is much cleaner and the staff friendly and I would go, and have been there.

I usually do not go someplace unless I get a discount and they do not discount at all. There are plenty of places to get discounts, ranging from 50 cents off to buy one get one free, depending upon program, you just have to search and not just for restaurants but golf, entertainment, and more.

Talk about confusing restaurant's, someone just wrote how they would not go to Benjamin's because it was so bad, my guess is they were talking about Captain Benjamin's by Family Kingdom, yet most people will think it was the Original Benjamin's on Restaurant Row, and then there is another Original Benjamin's in Surfside which is nothing like the restaurant row location.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:36 am 

Patrish,

The onion rings were average. This was not the best burger meal i have ever had, but by no means was it the worst. The restaurant was not dirty, but nothing fancy either. We would go back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:10 am 

It was Original Benjamin's on restaurant row where I got food poisoning

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:17 pm 

Cathy and I went to Hamburger joe's last year and I have to say I was not impressed

Rich