Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Land Shark
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:38 pm 

We arrived at Land Shark around 5:15 P.M. and 9 of us were seated immediately. I thought it would be really crowded, but there were several empty tables. They crammed all 9 of us into a table that probably 6 could have fit comfortable. It was a little too crowded for me.

I loved the open air atmosphere. I wasn't expecting it to be like that. The view was beautiful and the fans produced a nice breeze blowing through the restaurant.

We had a couple of appetizers at the table. Chips with salsa and queso. I loved their chips! They were nice and crunchy.

My brother had some buffalo bites. Let me tell you they would set you on fire. I ate a half of one and decided to call it a night on those.

My sister in law got the fish tacos. That is not my kind of thing, but she said they were really good.

Doug ordered a chicken basket and by golly it came out like my brothers buffalo bites. Doug is not a spicy eater so I knew this probably was not going to turn out well. He thought he was getting chicken fingers, but apparently he didn't read the menu. My 16 year old cousin ended up eating most of them.

My mom got the foot long hotdog. It was huge! She only ate half and Doug ate the rest. They both agreeded that it was just ok.

The rest of us got burgers

I would give Land Shark a B. The food reminded me of Margaritaville. It was just average. The atmosphere was not loud and fun like Margaritaville. It was more relaxing with an ocean breeze.

Post subject: Re: Land Shark
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Great pictures and review! Thanks, Deanna!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:53 am 

The chips and queso...and ok, yeah, the blender drinks, too....are the reason we went back twice in May! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:01 pm 

We hit Landshark for the first time on our recent visit. I really liked the atmosphere, since it is open-air. Misti and I shared a delicious blackened fish sandwich (and also had the chips & queso). She had a Baha Mama to drink and I had a Landshark beer. I thought the prices were very reasonable, and we'll go back on our next visit. It just screamed "Myrtle Beach" to me in there, being able to look out over the boardwalk and see the umbrellas on the beach and hear the waves crash on the shore.

Scott